PSA: Wiper Blades on sale at Costco

Gregster

Legacy Member
Heads up 6.99$ each . This was Costco Vaudreuil

518764bd896d0dc797f2be79d3b4ca31.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

On cars that you can replace the blade only, i opt foe refills from dealer. Same price but better quality. I tried michelin on 2 different cars, below average as performance. Rain x is better even motomaster teflon did better

I sell bosch. Guaranteed for one year. Keep the bill and on the 364th day come exchange them on Warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On cars that you can replace the blade only, i opt foe refills from dealer. Same price but better quality. I tried michelin on 2 different cars, below average as performance. Rain x is better even motomaster teflon did better

I don't shop at ChinaTire. The line up is too long

Canadian Tire sells stuff at MSRP or close to MSRP on name brands as that pricing is strictly controlled by the manufacture.. With their private label stuff they can make up whatever price they want which is why you often sell Mastercrap, Paderno cookware, Vermont Castings etc stuff on sale for 50-80% off. With the other mentioned its around 15-30% off an already high price vs other retailer but they don't care because the money isn't on that stuff. Its those private labels they can sell at good mark ups and make it hard to pricematch.... Truth be told sales at pretty much any retail store are complete bullshit. In recent years CTC has expanded into financial services and property. Brilliant corporate strategy.

My data and experience comes from an online price matching app that is soon to launch, hopefully...

Canadian Tire sells stuff at MSRP or close to MSRP on name brands as that pricing is strictly controlled by the manufacture.. With their private label stuff they can make up whatever price they want which is why you often sell Mastercrap, Paderno cookware, Vermont Castings etc stuff on sale for 50-80% off. With the other mentioned its around 15-30% off an already high price vs other retailer but they don't care because the money isn't on that stuff. Its those private labels they can sell at good mark ups and make it hard to pricematch.... Truth be told sales at pretty much any retail store are complete bullshit. In recent years CTC has expanded into financial services and property. Brilliant corporate strategy.

My data and experience comes from an online price matching app that is soon to launch, hopefully...

Private label? Vermont Castings? J'en ai tu manqué un bout?

A private label brand is owned by the retailer. CT owns a good chunk in Vermont Castings or its parent and retails an exclusive line of their products. Other retailers who have contracts set to expire to sell VC won't have them renewed

Private brands confer a higher margin to retailer than national brands and, if they prove to be popular, ensure customer loyalty due to their exclusivity. Canadian Tire’s house brands include Noma, Mastercraft and Canvas, and the retailer has acquired a number of others in the last year, including the Paderno cookware line and premium barbecue brand Vermont Castings. In January, the retailer bought the lawn care brand Golfgreen and team sports Sher-Wood Athletics Group Inc., which manufactures hockey gear and licensed products

Something like 47% of CT Stores sales is private brands. The amount of debt it has is a tad concerning but they did pay a ton for Helly Hansen

Back