Saguenay: Woman, 91, fined $148 for ‘disturbing the peace’ with her rocking chair

illuminance

Legacy Member
Woman, 91, fined £100 for noisy rocking chair

A 91-year-old woman has been fined $148 (£100) for ‘disturbing the peace’ with her rocking chair.

Neighbours complained to the police who turned up and issued a ticket to the pensioner in Saguenay, Quebec, Canada.

Those who live nearby also complained about the TV volume.

But police are reviewing their response after a lawyer waded in.

Charles Cantin says he’s trying to find a way to have the ticket cancelled and claims the police handled the situation badly.

‘I don’t think this is a good way to settle that matter,’ Cantin said.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/01/woman-91-fined-100-for-noisy-rocking-chair-5177650/

thats just...wow

4548-itunes-store-sets-new-record-25-billion-songs-sold-lastweek.jpg

Ça fait déjà 3 jours que la contravention a été annulé.

Imagine if she rocks in the middle of the night on her front porch when everything is quiet and all you hear is squeaking when you're trying to sleep. That gets old fast, but a ticket instead of trying to negotiate something with her.

Imagine if she rocks in the middle of the night on her front porch when everything is quiet and all you hear is squeaking when you're trying to sleep. That gets old fast, but a ticket instead of trying to negotiate something with her.

Negotiating with old people is almost impossible, most of them feel entitled and that they've earned the right to do whatever they want just because they've lived as long as they have. Ticket was the quick and easy way, betcha she will keep it lower next time.

Flame suit on.
original.jpg

Negotiating with old people is almost impossible, most of them feel entitled and that they've earned the right to do whatever they want just because they've lived as long as they have. Ticket was the quick and easy way, betcha she will keep it lower next time.

Seen that shit too many times!

I don't know man, if I had some crazy cat lady upstairs rocking her chair all fucking day er'day with the TV volume up to hell cause she's 85% deaf, I'd lose my mind. I'm not gonna put ear plugs on all day to satisfy a tenant who believes she's entitled to making a continuous and constant repetitive noise throughout the day and night and drive any other normal human being insane.

I don't know man, if I had some crazy cat lady upstairs rocking her chair all fucking day er'day with the TV volume up to hell cause she's 85% deaf, I'd lose my mind. I'm not gonna put ear plugs on all day to satisfy a tenant who believes she's entitled to making a continuous and constant repetitive noise throughout the day and night and drive any other normal human being insane.

Agreed. But in this case the ticket was dismissed because of insufficient proof; which means the cop who issued the ticket did not hear excessive noise him/herself. Therefore the noise/loud TV is not on all day.

Agreed. But in this case the ticket was dismissed because of insufficient proof; which means the cop who issued the ticket did not hear excessive noise him/herself. Therefore the noise/loud TV is not on all day.

This can easily be remedied by having the complaining neighbor record until her court date.

Back