Speeding tickett, need help to sort out a thing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMW4EVER

Legacy Member
Hi, like the title states, yesterday I got a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 50 zone.
The ticket is at marie-victorin, just beside the 132 highway. I was a 70km/h zone, and then at a moment, it just dropped to a 50km/h zone.  At the moment I saw the cop move toward me, meanning that he already got my speed and was trying to stop me, it was no more, or barely 100meter after a sign stating (50 zone ahead).  At the time he got my speed, I believe it was before the actual 50 km/h zone light, ---> (it is like a traffic light stuff, showing in yellow is at the moment was 50 or 30),
what I wanted to know, I once heard of a law saying that you must cleary show the coming speeding zone at 200meter ahead, in order to be able to catch people for speeding.
I just want to be sure, I don't want to waste 110$ and 2 points for nothing...
thanks

Je ne pense pas que tu pourra te servir de ca comme défence.
Il y a un panneaude préavis. Donc ta vitesse devais etres a 50 rendu au panneau de 50.
Par contre tu semble dire qu'il ta capté avant la zone de 50.
Ca serait a vérifier.
Ton obligation se limite a etre a 50 au panneau pas avant.

yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before
and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph

yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph
 you mean an inch after i suppose.....because you can be at 50 before the sign...I guess the 30km/h rule might apply (never heard of it) but often enough they put the sign all the time...I've never been in a 70 to 50 zone without noticing a sign...

Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph you mean an inch after i suppose.....because you can be at 50 before the sign...I guess the 30km/h rule might apply (never heard of it) but often enough they put the sign all the time...I've never been in a 70 to 50 zone without noticing a sign...
not i said before...before you can be at 50 but don't have to be...after the sign it's different
and for the slower speed sign...yep you normally see it from 70 to 50  but not when 50 to 30 but you need a bit of a speed diference when you need a warning zone to slow down before you see the real sign

Quote:Originally posted by scarface2003 Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph you mean an inch after i suppose.....because you can be at 50 before the sign...I guess the 30km/h rule might apply (never heard of it) but often enough they put the sign all the time...I've never been in a 70 to 50 zone without noticing a sign...not i said before...before you can be at 50 but don't have to be...after the sign it's differentand for the slower speed sign...yep you normally see it from 70 to 50  but not when 50 to 30 but you need a bit of a speed diference when you need a warning zone to slow down before you see the real sign
 that's it...you can be at 50 whenever you want....but you're saying "you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before" you should have said: You have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch after.once you hit the invisible line marking the sign if you're not at 50 you're screwed.

Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod Quote:Originally posted by scarface2003 Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph you mean an inch after i suppose.....because you can be at 50 before the sign...I guess the 30km/h rule might apply (never heard of it) but often enough they put the sign all the time...I've never been in a 70 to 50 zone without noticing a sign...not i said before...before you can be at 50 but don't have to be...after the sign it's differentand for the slower speed sign...yep you normally see it from 70 to 50  but not when 50 to 30 but you need a bit of a speed diference when you need a warning zone to slow down before you see the real sign that's it...you can be at 50 whenever you want....but you're saying "you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before" you should have said: You have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch after.once you hit the invisible line marking the sign if you're not at 50 you're screwed.
on doit doit s'ostiner pour dire la meme chose j'ai ben l'impression ou c'est mon anglais qui est pas tout a fait a la hauteur lol
hum apres reflexion ca ressemble bien a ca haha
ta tu dit que on doit etre a 50 a la pancarte et non 1 pouce apres
et moi je dit que on doit etre a 50 a la pancarte et que 1 pouce avant tu peu etre a une vitesse plus haute
se sont 2 chose differente mais qui sont les 2 vrai lol

Quote:Originally posted by scarface2003 Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod Quote:Originally posted by scarface2003 Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph you mean an inch after i suppose.....because you can be at 50 before the sign...I guess the 30km/h rule might apply (never heard of it) but often enough they put the sign all the time...I've never been in a 70 to 50 zone without noticing a sign...not i said before...before you can be at 50 but don't have to be...after the sign it's differentand for the slower speed sign...yep you normally see it from 70 to 50  but not when 50 to 30 but you need a bit of a speed diference when you need a warning zone to slow down before you see the real sign that's it...you can be at 50 whenever you want....but you're saying "you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before" you should have said: You have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch after.once you hit the invisible line marking the sign if you're not at 50 you're screwed.on doit doit s'ostiner pour dire la meme chose j'ai ben l'impression ou c'est mon anglais qui est pas tout a fait a la hauteur lolhum apres reflexion ca ressemble bien a ca hahata tu dit que on doit etre a 50 a la pancarte et non 1 pouce apreset moi je dit que on doit etre a 50 a la pancarte et que 1 pouce avant tu peu etre a une vitesse plus hautese sont 2 chose differente mais qui sont les 2 vrai lol
 lol ce que tu viens de dire en francais est exact...surement la facon que tu te le dit dans ta tete en anglais sa sonne bien mais pour quelqu'un qui le lit bien en anglais c'a l'induit en erreur. Peu importe, apres la pancarte si t'es en haut de 50 t'es dans marde. Je pense que c'est assez claire pour tout le monde ca.

Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod Quote:Originally posted by scarface2003 Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph you mean an inch after i suppose.....because you can be at 50 before the sign...I guess the 30km/h rule might apply (never heard of it) but often enough they put the sign all the time...I've never been in a 70 to 50 zone without noticing a sign...not i said before...before you can be at 50 but don't have to be...after the sign it's differentand for the slower speed sign...yep you normally see it from 70 to 50  but not when 50 to 30 but you need a bit of a speed diference when you need a warning zone to slow down before you see the real sign that's it...you can be at 50 whenever you want....but you're saying "you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before" you should have said: You have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch after.once you hit the invisible line marking the sign if you're not at 50 you're screwed.
 You're correcting his English but your version makes less sense than his! :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by scarface2003 Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod Quote:Originally posted by scarface2003 Quote:Originally posted by srt_mod yep you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before and to need a warning sign that warns you of a lower speed ahead  the speed must lower more than 30 kph you mean an inch after i suppose.....because you can be at 50 before the sign...I guess the 30km/h rule might apply (never heard of it) but often enough they put the sign all the time...I've never been in a 70 to 50 zone without noticing a sign...not i said before...before you can be at 50 but don't have to be...after the sign it's differentand for the slower speed sign...yep you normally see it from 70 to 50  but not when 50 to 30 but you need a bit of a speed diference when you need a warning zone to slow down before you see the real sign that's it...you can be at 50 whenever you want....but you're saying "you have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch before" you should have said: You have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch after.once you hit the invisible line marking the sign if you're not at 50 you're screwed. You're correcting his English but your version makes less sense than his! :lol:
 what doesn't make sense in: You have to be at the speed at the sign not an inch after  ?it says that at the sign you must be at 50kph, not one inch after. What don't you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back