SQ didn't give a ticket in person, never sent anything in the mail, found me guilty

h-lover

Legacy Member
I got pulled over in Dec for 123 in a 70. Cop said it was GEV and threatened to tow my car. Then he said he'd be nice and not tow my car and give me just the ticket.

- He didn't give me anything on the spot.
- Never got anything in the mail
- Just got a letter from the ministiere de justice saying I was found guilty

$863 and 10 points!!! Where in the god damned hell does the government get off with such a fine for such a low speed? But can a police officer just decide to modify the penalties like that? Is there any recourse to be made since I NEVER saw the ticket until after I was magically found guilty?

Lesson of the day here, never trust a cop and always monitor your driving information. Don't wait on the mail system to get your tickets.

Suis ton courrier. Une personne de mon entourage, dans les mêmes circonstances que la tienne, a reçu son ticket GEV par la poste 6mois après l'infraction. Ils n'oublient jamais.

En aucun temps le policier peut changer le montant d'une amende ou de frais d'une infraction CSR.

Assure toi d'avoir fait tes changements d'adresse partout, ça se peut que le ticket a été envoyé à ton ancienne adresse si tu as oublié de la changer ou si tu l'as changé avant de recevoir le ticket et que tu n'as pas fait suivre ton courrier.

I got pulled over in Dec for 123 in a 70. Cop said it was GEV and threatened to tow my car. Then he said he'd be nice and not tow my car and give me just the ticket.

$863 and 10 points!!! Where in the god damned hell does the government get off with such a fine for such a low speed? But can a police officer just decide to modify the penalties like that? Is there any recourse to be made since I NEVER saw the ticket until after I was magically found guilty?

123 in a 70 zone

Such low speed... really? ROFL

*soupir*

Définition d'un grand excès de vitesse
Une personne commet un grand excès de vitesse lorsqu'elle conduit un véhicule dont la vitesse dépasse :
de 40 km/h ou plus la limite de vitesse permise dans une zone de 60 km/h ou moins;
de 50 km/h ou plus la limite de vitesse permise dans une zone de plus de 60 km/h et d'au plus 90 km/h;
de 60 km/h ou plus la limite de vitesse permise dans une zone de 100 km/h ou plus.

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/securite_routiere/comportements/vitesse/grand_exces/index.php

Enjoy.

Règle de base pour éviter le GEV, ne pas dépasser de plus de 50% la limite.

avGSWWa.png

If you want to fight the ticket, you will first need to ask for the "retractation de jugement". You need to act very quickly if you want to do so.

Je roulais en GEV a 123 dans un 70.

Batard j'ai eu 863$ pis 10 point. c'est la faute de la société.

Assume pis paye batard, anyway ça va compté pour toutes les fois que tu t'es pas fait prendre.

Aussi roule jamais plus que 115 dans une zone de 70 pour éviter les gev, jpensais que c'était le gros bon sens

Je roulais en GEV a 123 dans un 70.

Batard j'ai eu 863$ pis 10 point. c'est la faute de la société.

Assume pis paye batard, anyway ça va compté pour toutes les fois que tu t'es pas fait prendre.

Aussi roule jamais plus que 115 dans une zone de 70 pour éviter les gev, jpensais que c'était le gros bon sens

^ yep.

a friend got a 1100$ ticket and 14 pts for doing the same thing. nicer cop is nicer. enjoy your savings.

You're a long time member here. I HIGHLY doubt you weren't aware of the GEVs. There isn't a week we don't talk about that here since 2008.

Back