TESLA Powerwall

It would be great if you live in an area where hydro has shitty ass old lines and power goes out 10-12 times a year.

This is more for places that have a high rate of consumption at exhorbit prices. For example, there are 3 tiers of rates for consumption in California. The 2nd tier being the most expensive and widely used (during supper hours) which is I think 1,45$/kwh (ridiculous!). This is, I believe, the target market for this type of affordable energy storage.
, I

There's the 3 tiers of pricing in Ottawa too. There's 8c, 12c and 16c. Also in winter it's about 1c cheaper.

It's a cool idea. I wish I could be off grid and not pay any electricity to anyone, produce my own. But it's still too expensive. Maybe in 5-10 yrs.

I think people misunderstand the immense potential of this new storage technology. It's still expensive and the price will definitely go down, but imagine having a whole city equipped with these power walls. It's the peak hours that make us create costly oversized powerplants just to deliver electricity during peak hours. The storage has always been an issue and even in regions like Quebec were electricity is abundant, we are forced to buy some of it during peak hours.

I think this technology will help modulate energy and deliver it to entire sectors more efficiently at a reduced cost and with a smaller carbon footprint.

^^ le quebec a pas besoin d'acheter pendant les peak hours. (on a meme pas besoin d'acheter dans les peak annuel d'hivers)

le choix d'acheter a certain moment de l'année est purement économique/ sous entente(contrat)

c'est pas fait pour une ville entier, la production de batterie mondiale ne pourrais jamais fournir
au quebec vous faites partie de ceux qui ont l'électricité la plus cheap du canada (et même du monde). C'est certains que sa s'applique pas pour vous.

L'idée de Musk c'est d'avoir des setups de ville aussi. C'pas pour se tourner les pouces sa mega factory!

Back