Vaudreuil Ice track-Beater bumpercars 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyRidzPhucked

Legacy Member
Here's a more official and updated thread.

Going to Spot from Montreal

1. Take Highway 40 West;
  2. Once you enter Vaudreuil-Dorion;
  3. Take exit: Avenue Saint-Charles (Exit # 35);
  4. Once you arrive at the stop light, make a right onto Avenue Saint-Charles;
  5. Drive about 1 km, and look for “Chemin De L'Anse” on your right. It’s going to be 3rd street on your right.
  6. Take a right onto “Chemin De L'Anse” and drive for 2.6 kms.
  7. You will drive past an entrance on your right, that’ll be the first entrance to the ice lake, but there they charge $4, so keep driving. About when you hit 2.6 Kms you’ll see another entrance on your right. (kind of hidden if your driving fast) It is located right in front of house #420
  8. Turn into the entrance and drive down the hill, and voila you’re on the ice.
  9. BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE THE DAY YOU DECIDE TO GO, THE ICE IS THICK ENOUGH.

If you would like to google it, copy and paste: 420 Chemin de L'anse, Vaudreuil Dorion, quebec j7v 5v5

The track is open 24/7, but I reccomend going with someone else. If anything happens to your vehicle, you dont want to be stuck out there.

The track is bumpy, i'd give it a 4/10 for smoothness. I've taken out my balljoints on both my aspire and my excel, but we're talking 4 hours of solid track time on old OEM parts on old cars, so you should factor that in. I'd reccomend taking the first few laps slow.. the big corners are actually easier than the s curves the track has..

The track is plowed daily from a local hudsonite who loves to play on the ice and in my eyes, is very generous to make it accessable for everyone.

The Entrance is quite steep, you MUST keep it slow. The main entrance/exit is constantly being used, so its down to actual pavement. It has been an entrance for boats for MANY years. at the bottom, there are two bumps that may hurt your car's lower bumper, so be very careful. the steepness doesnt really affect you exiting with much difficulty, but once again you must keep it slow for the bumps and in low gear. My excel, aspire, small and large pickup trucks, caprice's and bonnevilles, even a 2006 eclipse GT has done it with ease so don't worry about that.

Please respect EVERYONE and the track and dont go overboard on the snowbanks, we want to keep it as entertaining and safe as possible. Remember that the locals are basically the king of the hill for the track, so please keep clear of their cars as they always use shit cars and are actually aiming for eachother and to go ALL out. Also remember that insurance does NOT cover any accidents on the ice, so if you see anyone out there hitting eachother, better stay out of the way if you dont want the same treatment :) Pull to the side for oncoming maniacs.

Have fun!
Regular meets are usually saturday and sunday from 2-8 pm with a bonfire and plenty of parking. Feel free to use the track anytime.

This weekend I'll be out there once again, more likely saturday than sunday. Snow will not affect the track in a bad way but in a good way by building the snow banks.

My intrepid is currently in the middle of the track, so at least until it is towed away, there's a visual marker of where the track is :D

yeah i saw your car there, but didnt stop to visually inspect it (cuz i was having to much fun), what happened to your car?

I bought it for 150$ for the power lock mechanism for the rear drivers side window.. I'm supposed to have it gone by now but the guys who are picking it up keep on dicking me around. Oh well, its a good track marker until its gone :D

The crank basically broke so the engine is siezed.. I know its already been hit in the front, but please dont smash it up, I have it sold :D

of course, why not lol
it was actually pretty dead yesterday cause everyone wanted to go ski-dooing instead, but i was there.. not bad, gone 4 times and all i really broke was a side marker..

dude if my excel can do it, and a 2006 eclipse gt can, i'm sure you could too :)

its actually awesome out there for even people like me without handbrakes.. the now to ice ratio is about even with the drifts so it makes for nice cornering with or without a handbrake, IF you know how to work your car proporly..

dude if my excel can do it, and a 2006 eclipse gt can, i'm sure you could too :)

its actually awesome out there for even people like me without handbrakes.. the now to ice ratio is about even with the drifts so it makes for nice cornering with or without a handbrake, IF you know how to work your car proporly..

My front bumper is a few inches off the ground.. add the angle of the boat ramp and my car would smash into the ice.

Of course you don't need a handbrake

Hey guy,

What do you say to a little Drift meet tomorrow Feb 20th around 930ish – 10pm. At a parking lot of your choice. Can someone organize a meet somewhere and PM me along with a bunch of other people??

I’m looking forward to something.

Went to check this spot out last night...have to admit, I was turned away by the 1.5"wide by about 20 foot crack in the ice as soon as you get on...
:yikes:
Been on ice before, but with a crack that big, I wasn't about to put my car onto it!

Went to check this spot out last night...have to admit, I was turned away by the 1.5"wide by about 20 foot crack in the ice as soon as you get on...
:yikes:
Been on ice before, but with a crack that big, I wasn't about to put my car onto it!

yeah that crack is a little un nerving, but its been there for weeks.. if a suburban towing a intrepid and being pushed by a jimmy can go over it with no problems, i dont worry about it :)

How's that work :scratch:

BTW, does anyone check the ice thickness?

lol remember those huge frigid winds last week? we had to do it on thursday, there were MAJOR drifts and the enterance was really jammed with snow, so they used their trucks in a ingenious way lol

I'll have to go ask the ice fishers sometime to find out the thickness.. its a good idea since its starting to get warmer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back