Walter Rohrl crashes a Porsche 918

That'll teach this rookie a thing or two about about lift-off oversteer... Kidding of course...

Too bad, but shit happens. At least he wasn't hurt.

Regarder avec quelle calme il essai de ramener la voiture. Il ne perd jamais le focus. "Look where you want to go, not where you are."

Is there anything he could have done to save it?

Around the 6 second mark when he makes his initial counter-steer you can see that he does about a quarter turn of counter-steer, then a split second later he realises he has completely lost the rear end and goes into full counter-steer. If he had gone all the way a split second earlier it would have helped.. Not sure if he really would have been able to grab it though.

It's not advice, it's an observation. He had .1 of a second to decide the appropriate action, I was able to watch it 100 times over from another perspective which makes it a lot easier.

I'm not saying anyone would have done better, but the old man still messed up.

It's not advice, it's an observation. He had .1 of a second to decide the appropriate action, I was able to watch it 100 times over from another perspective which makes it a lot easier.

I'm not saying anyone would have done better, but the old man still messed up.

While I agree with gregster, i'm also on your side. I get it. It just seems ironic lol

One more piece of advice for Mr. Rohrl; If you had let go of the steering wheel before impact, your left hand would be ok.

:D

We need Bug2k to come translate the rest of the clip...

Back