A new diet for chubby people, and how I lost 80 pounds in 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, I ordered Medifast.

So far so good, day 13 and lost 14 pounds!

I guess it really will work this time. Oh, and for those not trusting MF, it's well known among doctors in US, and some here know exactly what it is and recommend it.

My doc told me it was a great idea, because even though it "seems" to be chemicals, MF is actually one of the only diets who is approved, body-friendly, and not dangerous.

Discuss!

Hehe, c'est drole comme topic. Fais 6 ans que je suis Ingénieur info pis quand les techno ont dropper, j'ai été faire ma demande a la SQ mais je suis finalement rester en info. Facile d'egraisser quand tes devant ton ordi.

Mon programme pour passer de 205 a 170, faire de l'exercice (1h de cardio par jour) 5 fois semaine, c'est ca que jai fait pis jai perdu 35 lbs en 5 mois. Pas besion de programme de shake pis de cochonnerie de meme.
Tout se que ca prend c'est un peu de volonté!!

S2KSim,

Félicitations pour ta perte de poids. Cependant, c'est pas parce que quelqu'un emploie pas ta méthode qu'elle est nécessairement plus mauvaise que la tienne *byewhore*

This topic has been started a long while ago... Anyway, this guy posted his pics and he convinced me...

Here's the results:

105 pounds lost in about 6 months.

Been 1 month and a half that I'm off the program, and I haven't gained anything back, thanks to exercise and a smooth transition plan.

265 pounds:
df9b7fb7.jpg

160 pounds:
P1010025.jpg

New life rhythm:

1- Big breakfast, medium lunch, small dinner
2- 3 small collations (usually low-carb, hi-protein)
3- 4-5 x 40 min exercise
4- Go to work with a bike instead of a car (9 km a day)

Hope this helps some people here :D

Oh, and huh... no I haven't noticed any performance gain with my car with 105 pounds lost (some people asked me that :yikes: )...

I salute your dedication and success. Losing weight is a lifelong commitment.

To the assholes bashing, well, every human being has psychological addiction(s.) Even the most reasonable person is addicted. To being reasonable that is.

Hey man you look good now ive been in the same thing as you when I was 14years old i weight 225 pound i was the "ptit gros of my class" and it really sucked bad all these poeple that insult you dont know how they r hurting you it really sucks but now that im 18 iIweight 170 pound and I feel so good and sexy..lol jsut kidding .. i lost all that weight but doing a little bit of joggin and more sports when i was 14 i felt so depresive that i was eating all the time like they say "eating ur emotion" it really sucked but now im really healthy so its all good but guys dont try to loose to much weight ina short distance or your gonna gain even more wweight that u had... anyways sorry for my english mistake im not really good at it :p

peace out

Hyperion said:
This topic has been started a long while ago... Anyway, this guy posted his pics and he convinced me...

Here's the results:

105 pounds lost in about 6 months.

Been 1 month and a half that I'm off the program, and I haven't gained anything back, thanks to exercise and a smooth transition plan.

265 pounds:
df9b7fb7.jpg

160 pounds:
P1010025.jpg

New life rhythm:

1- Big breakfast, medium lunch, small dinner
2- 3 small collations (usually low-carb, hi-protein)
3- 4-5 x 40 min exercise
4- Go to work with a bike instead of a car (9 km a day)

Hope this helps some people here :D

Holy shit nice work but you should start bodybuilding now..u look too skinny now.

K. Low - Yeah, bodybuilding's in the plans. It was just not wise to do that while doing the shakes (550 cal/day). Cardio is getting boosted out right now, and muscles will come pretty soon.

Mr Fondu - Thanks for the reply, nicely thought out.

Mister Deguire - Ouais la raison pour laquelle le monde reprenne tout le poids en vitesse, c'est qu'il ne laisse pas le temps à l'organisme de se réadapter à une diète normale (2000 cal/jour). Pour 6 mois de régime, il y a deux mois de transition où je dois incrémenter graduellement l'apport calorique. En passant, nice work toi aussi!

where u ever a lot overweight? Most slim/normal people can never understand how extremely hard it is for a person who is a lot overweight to start and eat healthy+ exercise.

QFT.

Im at my worst right now, working long hours on the pc and having some episodes of depression screw up any will power to move my ass, so in my situation a diet like this could kickstart new habits, once you get over the initial hump it gets easier.

Aw shit, i gotta move my ass more often, get into a gym...

Just do it the right way.

Stick your fingers down your mouth!

jk jk

congrats to all the people who lost weight, but honestly i dont agree with this system ...350 a month is stupid when you can just buy slim fast... its the same thing

Just do it the right way.

Stick your fingers down your mouth!

jk jk

congrats to all the people who lost weight, but honestly i dont agree with this system ...350 a month is stupid when you can just buy slim fast... its the same thing

You really need to read the whole thread instead of posting stupid comments. Do you know what is a protein? And what is ketosis? If not, then I don't think you understand the concept.

I'm in the same boat, IT worker packing on weight as the years go by. Thing is I went to a proper nutritionist and she gave taught me how to eat correctly. I've been doing this for 7 months now and I've dropped about 40lbs slowly and correctly. I'm not cruising at 4lbs a month (loss).

It's honestly been a joke, low cost to just visit her for checkups. I'm never hungry because she planned my eating day for me and it works. I have a lot of confidence in this because it's the right way to do it. Oh and I've started excersizing a bit more, but it's not a big factor yet.

Who knew just eating right worked eh!

My friend did that too, took more time than me but no food privation, no ketosis side-effects, and no need for transition once proteined diet is over.

A better approach overall, but like the owner of this thread already said, this diet is a "kick-start", a motivation to keep on. In my case, it was (125 lbs lost).

wow guys, congrads on the great success stories!

Question for ya, how do you find your energy levels? I play alot of hockey (3-4 times a week) and I need energy. Currently im about 5'9 220lbs.

Over the past couple years I got up and down about 20lbs, 220 being the most. I am looking for new ways to diet considering I excersize regularly. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. thanks

First thing I can tell you, proteined diet is NOT for you :)

If you already do regular exercise (which is intense activity, not moderate like jogging and such), and that you are not morbidely ebese, you should consider other alternatives, because ketosis state doesn't provide to your body the energy necessary to do these kind of things (about 550 cals/day).

If you need to lose a small amount of weight (-50), and that you do it with a proteined diet, chances are you'll regain everything because the first 15-20 pounds you lose is mostly water weight. In my case, I lost 11 pounds the first week, and I knew it was water weight. Eventually, when I approached the end of my diet, I was exercising regularely, drinking a lot of water, and so I didn't regain anything (my body had time to adapt).

I'm not really knowledgeable in that area, but maybe you should consider workout diet with a trainer. Food adapted to your activity level but with a better balance of carbs/fat/proteins. Right now, that's what I'm doing. Eating normally but I'm checking the balance of nutrients. Remember, 500 cals of chips is not worth the same as 500 cals of fish/soy/pasta/meat in terms of nutrition.

I use to weight about 240 pounds now I'm at 180. Thing is, I have this really annoying excess skin, it doesn't really show but I feel it when I sit down and shit..I've heard about crunches..ANything else?

thanks for the great info Hyperion, I drink LOTS of water...
I would say a couple litres a day, I try to substitute soft drinks and caffinated drink with water as much as possible..
I want to start some intense cardio workouts. Im very athletic and have lots of muscle almost too much on my legs, my calves and thighs are huge so I guess I should concentrate on a balanced diet with lots of cardio..

Anyone else got info?

wow guys, congrads on the great success stories!

Question for ya, how do you find your energy levels? I play alot of hockey (3-4 times a week) and I need energy. Currently im about 5'9 220lbs.

Over the past couple years I got up and down about 20lbs, 220 being the most. I am looking for new ways to diet considering I excersize regularly. If anyone has any info I would appreciate it. thanks

If you see a proper nutritionist they can tailor the diet to fit your needs. My diet is custom'ed to my weight and daily lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back