FTA receiver experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

20InchChrome

I am having trouble with my FTA receiver.
I am using 2 dishes, one is to catch DishNet with all the ethnic channels and the other is to catch DishNet with the american channels. Now the problem is that the ethnic one seems to be working but the american one doesnt work even if the reception bar is high. I always get a "bad or scrambled channel" message on these channels. And the limited times that it does work its only for a while. Does anyone know what the trouble could be?

sounds like the diseqc switch settings are incorrect in the antenna setup, or the dish is pointed properly (cant rely on FTA signal strength)

yeah, did you ever get signal on the American dish? cuz there's no way for the FTA to know what sat you're pointed at. you could be pointed at 119 or 110 or even directv sat.

did you preload your channel list?

if you're confident that you're pointed at the right sat, i would blind scan the second sat and see what channels you get. if you get MTV, that's 119, if you get the golf channel, that's 110.

Like I said I get the reception to the american channels but most of the time they dont work. Just noticed now that the ethnic channels have the same problem like the american channels.
I also doubt it that the dish is pointing the wrong direction because I had no problem with viewing american and ethnic channels when I had my DishNet receiver. As for the diseq settings I have both satelites at "tone A".
Could the equipment be at fault or do I need to install anything more? Because how I set up my FTA receiver was basically take my DishNet receiver and just replace it with the FTA one. Everything else stayed untouched.

well u still havent said what ur using

also the dish is important, is it a dishpro LNB or is it basic legacy dual LNBs, are you using switch21? where do you get tone A from.....

its ur dish setup

yo, what u mean by ethnic channels? are u getting all of them? i always asked people about the indo-pak channels, do they appear?

I have another question, if i would like to catch the PPV channels and the US channels and the playboy channels which satelites do i have to point to, i believe its 110 and 119 just want to make sure, and if you guys know which dish i should get for this?

20inch- i have no idea why your diseq settings are tone A. i am assuming youre using 2 standard lnb dishes (like BEV or directv dishes) and not a dish500.

anyways, if it helps, my set up is to have one sat pointing at 119 and one at 110. diseq settings are 119 #1 and 110 #2. for 119, the 20hz is on but on 110 it's off.

do you get any channels at all?

viper- all ppv is on 110, and mtv espn etc are on 119. you need either a dish500 or 2 bev/diretv dishes and a diseq switch.

hey i was wondering, if i could use my Bell Dish that has the dual neck for the 2 satelites from Bell (i think its 91 & 82) would that dish work to catch dishnetwork 110 and 119?? Instead of having to use the Dish 500?
Or maybe i just need to change the Y-yoke braket to one that catches 110 and 119? and use a 20inch dish,

OK, where do i get the big big dish so i can catch the 119 and the 110! so i can have the other dish still pointing to to 61.5 i believe it is?

Well I played around with the Diseqc settings and there was no difference. Like before the channels sometimes work and sometimes dont. Basically it decides when to work. Its not the reception because it worked perfectly when I had the DishNet receiver.
The receiver I have the is the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra. It's hooked up to my old DishNet setup. Nothing has changed equipment wise on my setup except for swapping the DishNet receiver for the FTA receiver.
-Sven: I dont know what a dishpro LNB or legacy dual LNBs are but like I said I changed nothing in my setup except for the receiver.
Thx for beeing patient with me guys.

EXACTLY, u changed nothing! you dont have a diseqc, you have a sw21, you need a diseqc to REPLACE the sw21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back