My next new toy!!! The APS Twin Scroll Rotated Mount Ball Bearing Turbocharger System

Status
Not open for further replies.

renda85

Well I’ve been spending the last 2 months looking for an aftermarket turbo, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go rotated or stock location. After a great amount about of researching , I finally made my decision on which one will satisfy my thrust for power and response. BEHOLD! The ADR Twin scroll rotated ball bearing turbo system. Engineering at its finest.*byewhore* http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/wrx/aps_turbo/twin_scroll/turbo.htm

Goodbye 35r, hello twin scroll. I will accompany this with a black APS front mount intercooler and APS intake.:D

ETA : 31days. :run: :run:

Wow

wow nice piece of kit.

when you get it, i'd like to see it and once installed i would love to hear and feel the power

no prob JL, mary told me you were up in lachute, too bad i didnt need anything or i would have ask for a favor:devilgrin:

what were you getting done anyways?

Holly shit ballz Batman!!!

That's a F*** nice kit....:yikes:

If not too much to ask, how much does that go for????

I would defenitely love to see that set up once done!!

I smell more than a few 400+whp Subies from F4 this year. :D

Perhaps even one with 500+... never know how crazy I'm gonna get! :devilgrin:

that turbo looks very nice, but you just contradicted yourself, you said you want balance of response and power, i would avoid the front mount, thats a LOT of piping = LAG!

unless you plan on rotating your manifold (marty chime in here) i would stick with a topmount

Picture251_c.jpg

http://ssautochrome.com/level.itml/icOid/1437

thanks for the input, i wont be rotating the manifold,alot it though about it( which reminds me, are there any kits available? instead of going custom) im not sure i would want to go top mount, with all that power, i want it be as cold as possible, so ill take the little extra lag for the bigger boom.

and MR. Brown check your god damn post ABOUT THE DEFI GAUAGES!

Joey, put some serious thought into the intercooler setup. I do agree, a top-mount setup with this turbo would be heat soak madness, but the lag effects of the FMIC are a trade-off for a few more ponies.

Tough question...
TMIC for responsiveness, with a slight decrease in hp due to heat soak
-or-
FMIC for super cold charge, added lag but will spit up a few more ponies than a TMIC setup, which should balance it out.

For me, I am anti-lag, so a big ol' APS or Perrin FMIC is out of the question. I am looking into 1) A rotated manifold setup, or 2) A Power Enterprise V-Mount IC. My build-up is still in the planning stage with LP, but I am aiming for one of those two setups. I cannot resist the idea of lightning quick spool to 26PSI+ on a high-horsepower Sube.

Another lag killer is a bump in displacement. There is a sweet stroker kit available that goes to 102mm overbore with an 83mm crankshaft, bumping displacement from 2.5L to 2.7L. :devilgrin:

and MR. Brown check your god damn post ABOUT THE DEFI GAUAGES!

I just got back from seb & andre's in st-jerome and they have a nice defi triple gauge in red combo for $400 they are just missing the controller unit which you can pick up for around 150-200

just a heads up

I just got back from seb & andre's in st-jerome and they have a nice defi triple gauge in red combo for $400 they are just missing the controller unit which you can pick up for around 150-200

just a heads up

thanks for the info bro sent you a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back