Instant spool

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstwop

i know this is a newbie question, and yes i am a newbie looking to learn some, but what is instant spool? I searched in on google and was unable to find anything...

is there even a turbo that spools instantly?

besides a supercharger, i mean..

i know that you can clip the fins on the propeller of the turbo to help it spool a bit faster, but INSTANT?

if that were the case it'd pretty much kill the supercharger market right away.

i know that you can clip the fins on the propeller of the turbo to help it spool a bit faster, but INSTANT?

think of tiny unefficient turbos... like k03's.. u ever see one of those ? the turbines smaller then my left testy.

think of tiny unefficient turbos... like k03's.. u ever see one of those ? the turbines smaller then my left testy.

yeah but lil vj20s on a BPT can make a 13.70 on quarter mile

not so bad for a turbo big like my right testy...

If you were to put twin t3/t4's (or ball bearing turbos) on a stroked small block chevy (383 = 3.75" stroke) it would spool pretty damn fast... Long stroke and the right turbos and it's like you've got a blower under the hood... you could twin turbos on a V8 at "low boost" (under 10 psi) and have 700+hp and almost no lag...

...hey, that gave me a wicked idea... :D

yeah but lil vj20s on a BPT can make a 13.70 on quarter mile

not so bad for a turbo big like my right testy...

no clue what bpt is, but didint vj20s come on 323's ? or was that the vj10 ? or 16.. i forget, anywho the 13.70 is cuz of the light weight, not from the 30hp ur getting more running a vj20 at 15psi :p

If you were to put twin t3/t4's (or ball bearing turbos) on a stroked small block chevy (383 = 3.75" stroke) it would spool pretty damn fast... Long stroke and the right turbos and it's like you've got a blower under the hood... you could twin turbos on a V8 at "low boost" (under 10 psi) and have 700+hp and almost no lag...

...hey, that gave me a wicked idea... :D

ya v8's love boost

no clue what bpt is, but didint vj20s come on 323's ? or was that the vj10 ? or 16.. i forget, anywho the 13.70 is cuz of the light weight, not from the 30hp ur getting more running a vj20 at 15psi :p

BPT is the engine that came in the 323 in japan, the VJ20 is the turbo on it...

you have the VJ16 en guess that came with the B6T ( earlier 88-89 323 4x4 models)

VJ11 came in the mx6 GT turbo models

the name of the turbos can be inverted

but the only thing you want to know in mazda is VJ23 that camein the BPT, kinda a rally edition of the 323 BPT with the vj20

vj23 (very rare) is the biggest turbo that mazda put on their car ... maybe the mazdaspeed 6 as a bigger one, but I'm talking about street setups best bang for bucks :)

the new 911 turbo has an electronically assisted twin turbo system, so the turbos are always at full boost. 40mph-60mph in only 1 second!

Subaru has as a thing that keeps the turbo spooling when the gas is shut on their WRC car its a misfiring system or something .

Subaru has as a thing that keeps the turbo spooling when the gas is shut on their WRC car its a misfiring system or something .

not just subaru, but yes, its possible anti-lag aka misfiring system.

although that is not practical on a street car since it destroys the turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back