Should i go to the hospital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimpdaddydog

So last night I was playing football with some friends. I catch the ball and im running up to the n zone with 1 guy in my way. I deek him and he cant make a two hand touch so he just grabs my left arm and pulls it in the opposite direction that im running. I was still sort of twisting my torso when it happened and my arm felt like it got ripped right out of its socket.

I lay on the ground for a while (any body who has had this happens knows that its ****ing painfull) and eventually rolled my body onto it and popped it back into place. Now its pretty stiff and sore. I can pretty much move my arm 360 degrees but when im at the extremes its very stiff and painfull. For example, I can lift my hand over my head but only very slowly.

Do I need to go to the hospital for this? I know if I go I'll have to wait all day to get examined.

I wouldn't take any chances man...trust me , you don't want to risk having problems with an arm later in your life...

^^^ What he said.

I sprained my ankle bad last summer, only to get it checked a month later. Should have done it sooner and started Physio ASAP, as my muscle got tough and stiff. Even till now, my ankle isn't what it used to be. :(

dude, go, poping it back into the socket yourself is not recomended, maybe you pinched a nerve or something

thanks for all the replies.

am i better off going to the emergency room or a clinic? I was thinking about waiting a few days to see if it returned to normal but the consensus seems to be that i should get it checked out..

IF you have something wrong with your shoulder/arm , waiting a few days will just be worse. I would go to the hospital if i were you...just in case

i dislocated my shoulder twice...it didnt just go back in by itself though.

It sounds like your shoulder didnt pop out completely....In my case, they had to put me to sleep and took two guys to pull it back into place.

You should go get it checked for pinched nerve like they said.
But if you dont wanna go then get a 3 point brace for your arm and attach it to your torso for at 3 weeks.

kinda like this one here:
mueller-shoulderbrace_large.jpg

I dislocated my left shoulder 4 times now. Since the first time it has never been the same pops out easier now I swear. But after the first 2 times I learnt how to pop it back in myself. It hasn't happened in years now as I stopped skateboarding now. But man was it a wierd pain feeling. First time I thought I broke my arm haha.

I love how people come to Montreal Racing to seek medical advice... :p

Oh, and good luck with that shoulder! *tu*

Go,
same shit happened to me.
Except in a mountain biking incident.
You don't want to find yourself benching some weights
and having your shoulder pop back out :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back