Six top spots are all diesel engines at LeMans

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWSpeed

Simply incredible race at LeMans this year...great fight between the super fast Peugeot and the all conquering Audi R10.

Villeuve on the podium again, 2nd place!

Top 6 spots were ALL diesel engines!!! The Audi's were also running biodesiel...

Fantastic Audi, this is a great race for automotive development, and we can only hope for more...

If ever you get the chance, you should come out to LeMans and experience this unique motor race!

the winning car

diapo_130.jpg

yeah not generic biodiesel either but purified canola oil. It has a slightly higher viscosity than comercial biodiesel and makes the most power. But requires larger injector bores.

the fuel alone ca account for about a 12% increase in torque

Heard that next year there will be hybrid cars as well! Now THAT's HOT!

yeah man can't wait.
toyota plans to enter in 2010 with an hybrid race car...

Here is its current hybrid supra race car, ****ing awesome in EV mode!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq-9rP9cf8k&feature=related"]YouTube - WORLD's FIRST HYBRID RACE WIN Toyota Supra Hybrid HV-R[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSq8ZlxrKso&feature=related]YouTube - Toyota TRD Supra Hybrid at Macau Grandprix[/ame]

Some might say I sound stupid but the idea of hybrid race cars doesn't appeal to me at all. There goes the fun of hearing the engines scream their guts out on the track.

Now all you'll hear is a slight "vvvvvvvvvzzzzz" of the car buzzing by. That's gay. *td*

I guess this is what we call progress... :(

You'll still hear the motors, every once in a while it goes in EV mode, hence why their called Hybrid.

You'll still hear the motors, every once in a while it goes in EV mode, hence why their called Hybrid.

Yeah I figured that, my comment was aimed more towards what is going to happen in a few years, when they'll be out racing with 100% electric cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back