Bad Viper Crash (Video from inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL that was funny as hell. I think he needs more lessons. he had no chance at that speed to take that corner.

Originally posted by Civic B18B1
pourquoi il a pas pensé a pogner le brake a bras??

quand tes break petrons tu m'en donnera des nouvelle si ta penser au hand brake. Mes ligne a break ont peter sur 2 char différent et laisse moi te dire que sa arrive tellement vite que ta pas le temps d'y penser

His brakes did not fail he was going way to fast for the corner. what did happen was brake fade.

This
bmwbrake.jpg

that gave him lose of brakes.

"Driver error"

When racing anycar never forget about your brakes getting hot

Um, brake fade on a Viper? And after a straightaway?

I've experienced brake fade on the street once and it scared the living shit out of me, I never fealt it before ... I was being an idiot and stopping hard at every corner, and at one point it's like I had no brakes at all. Cross-drilled rotors and good fluid helped that out alot, but I wonder how likely this is to happen on a Viper with HUGE brakes. And if he was toping out 4th he had quite a straightaway there ... plenty of time to cool them off. Then again, maybe I should just shut my know-it-all mouth. ;)

His brakes did not fail he was going way to fast for the corner. what did happen was brake fade.

Brake fade only happens after repeated stops, not when you just brake hard once...so I don't think that was the case here (for the reasons Agtronic mentions) I believe Vipers have brake ducts as well so you'd really have to push it to fade the brakes...

Probably just a pilot error.

i doubt that was the first turn the driver made, he must've been braking pretty hard b4 on earlier turns.

Tight turn like that and goin in at the top of 4th? i think the passenger even told him to slow down, but was too late.

To me it looked like the guy braked way late... Not that you can see his feet, but judging by the downshift... Didn't seem like proper timing...

, you can hear him lift off the throttle exacley about right to grab the brakes..... despite what other said here.. That corner is not that tight, and he proabley would have just downshifted one gear for 3rd.

I'm shure he lost his brakes like the video said. The car had multiple point race harneses. An both people had nomex, you don't ususaly have to wear nomex your first time out with your car. Nor do you take a Viper around your first time on a track...

Brake Fade is gradual... I do believe he lost the brakes... even though it's a pretty unusual.

the solution would have been to ram it in 1st gear and blow the engine... it would have slowed him down some... but once you get on the grass there isn't anything left to do. He was going easy over 100mph

Last edited:
Vipers don't have good brakes and every review I see they experienced fading.

But losing the brakes seems possible too, there is always something that breaks in every review too.

The car was having huge understeer, but the driver didnt seem that good, and the guy in the passenger seat seem to be the one with experience. I say it's a mix of all coincidence:p

yeah I agree with what you just noted...also the fact that he kept holding on to the steering wheel indicates poor experience... you should let go the steering wheel when you are about to hit something to avoid injuries to arms... bracing on steering wheel is even worse... maybe he's just a dumbass that sucks bad!

You also see the co-pilot reaching for the gear almost like: Dude, wtf are you doing? The pilot also looks like he doesn't have a clue of what he's doing... But he still might have lost the brakes...:dunno:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back