Pourquoi Keep it on the track est si important??

Status
Not open for further replies.
T'as peut-être manqué mon message :D

Hahah lol je te met pas dans le groupe du "tous",mais là je pouvais pas dire "mis à part Asphinx" ahahah lol ;) Ça me rassure tout de même de voir que tu avais compris, ça en fait au moins un...

I understand the point about lacking judgement, but to me

Driving Drunk and Driving at a good Pace down an empty road at 2am ARE VERY VERY VERY DIFFERENT levels of judgement.

Do people top out their cars fairly often on the highways around here? Hell yes. Do people drive spiritedly down back country roads when they're empty? Hell yes.

Do people drive drunk? Yes.

How often is someone dying from JUST speeding on the news? ALMOST NEVER.
How often is a drunk driver dying on the news? ALMOST EVERY DAY.

I understand the point about lacking judgement, but to me

Driving Drunk and Driving at a good Pace down an empty road at 2am ARE VERY VERY VERY DIFFERENT levels of judgement.

Do people top out their cars fairly often on the highways around here? Hell yes. Do people drive spiritedly down back country roads when they're empty? Hell yes.

Do people drive drunk? Yes.

How often is a drunk driver dying on the news? ALMOST EVERY DAY.
What is you point? Did you read the whole story? You are stuck on the fact that he was drunk driving and speeding, yes he was, but this is absolutly not the message of the text.

Plus,
this is absolutly false. I don't know which TV channels or radio you are listening, but each month for sure I hear that someone kill himself into a speeding accident.

You are doing your point on facts that have nothing to do with the moral of this story.

Speeding as a result of DRINKING. I can't think of the last time I've heard of speed being the only factor. I don't understand the message because the message makes no sense.

"Racing is a bad choice and bad judgement, so here's a story about drinking and driving"

The story just told of a kid drinking and crashing, I don't see any hidden morals regarding racing or speeding.

Avant de faire des conneries au volant, pensez pas juste à vous autres, pensez aux gens qui vous entourent… Si vous vous crasher et que vous décédez ou devenez légume, ça vous dérangera pas ben ben, vous serez pus là pour le réaliser, mais ostie vous allez détruire la vie de combien de gens autour de vous??? La prochaine fois que ça vous démangeras de "clancher" sur la route, prenez 5 secondes et compter combien de gens qui vous aiment vont voir leur vie détruite ou changé pour toujours s'il vous arrivait quelque chose… et posez-vous la question suivante : Est-ce que ça en vaut vraiment la peine???

That's the guy's opinion, NOT the story. He goes off on a tangent like I said talking about stuff unrelated to what he just told a story about.

I'm sorry I'm being a dick but I really hate that we have all these racing and speeding laws when a bunch of assholes drink, drive and crash and then promptly speeding gets blamed. I'm fed up with it, people who are caught over 0.12 should never have a license again. Yet they practically get a slap on the wrist and within a few months they do it again.

Meanwhile the cops are giving little Jimmy a ticket for his exhaust being too loud as he drives his friends home from a bar so that they wouldn't have to drive drunk. This whole system can fuck off.

/Rant

Yes, because I'm sure SAAQ stats are completely objective as is their definition of speed/dangerous driving related accidents :rolleyes:

I can only judge from what I see personally. Ever hear the saying "86.4% of stats are made up and/or fudged?"

Speeding as a result of DRINKING. I can't think of the last time I've heard of speed being the only factor. I don't understand the message because the message makes no sense.

"Racing is a bad choice and bad judgement, so here's a story about drinking and driving"

The story just told of a kid drinking and crashing, I don't see any hidden morals regarding racing or speeding.

That's the guy's opinion, NOT the story. He goes off on a tangent like I said talking about stuff unrelated to what he just told a story about.

I'm sorry I'm being a dick but I really hate that we have all these racing and speeding laws when a bunch of assholes drink, drive and crash and then promptly speeding gets blamed. I'm fed up with it, people who are caught over 0.12 should never have a license again. Yet they practically get a slap on the wrist and within a few months they do it again.

Meanwhile the cops are giving little Jimmy a ticket for his exhaust being too loud as he drives his friends home from a bar so that they wouldn't have to drive drunk. This whole system can fuck off.

/Rant
But this is exactly what I'm telling you: is is not about speeding, it is not about drinking, IT'S ONLY ABOUT THE IMPACT ON PEOPLE AROUND YOU.
HERE IS THE MORAL: THINK BEFORE DOING THINGS LIKE THIS (DRINKING, SPEEDING, NOT WEARING BELTS) BECAUSE IT WILL HURT EVERYONE AROUD YOU, NOT ONLY YOU.

Do you want me to draw it?

there is nothing wrong with speeding but there is a time and a place for it.. Speeding down side streets and congested roads isn't a good spot..

However on a highway outside the city center 130kph-140kph are perfectly acceptable speeds. You need to pay more attention and make sure there are no idiots around you. I travel enough on the highways to see that speed doesn't kill but rather the idiot that pulls out in front of you doing 90kph forcing you to slam on the brakes or the moron in the civic that feels the need to pass you on the shoulder because you are driving a car with a rollbar thus you should be racing him.

When I travel I am always on the look out with objects up ahead, idiots, geezers etc. The first thing they teach you at a track event is to too as far ahead as possible. Do this and you won't have any issues.

I get that 100%, I just don't like drinking and driving being linked to speeding. That's all :dunno:

Yes, because I'm sure SAAQ stats are completely objective as is their definition of speed/dangerous driving related accidents :rolleyes:

I can only judge from what I see personally. Ever hear the saying "86.4% of stats are made up and/or fudged?"

Désolé, je ne suis pas paranoïaque :p Si tu crois que les statistiques de la SAAQ sont fausses, et bien, c'est ton opinion.

there is nothing wrong with speeding but there is a time and a place for it.. Speeding down side streets and congested roads isn't a good spot..

However on a highway outside the city center 130kph-140kph are perfectly acceptable speeds. You need to pay more attention and make sure there are no idiots around you. I travel enough on the highways to see that speed doesn't kill but rather the idiot that pulls out in front of you doing 90kph forcing you to slam on the brakes or the moron in the civic that feels the need to pass you on the shoulder because you are driving a car with a rollbar thus you should be racing him.

When I travel I am always on the look out with objects up ahead, idiots, geezers etc. The first thing they teach you at a track event is to too as far ahead as possible. Do this and you won't have any issues.

100% raison. D'ailleurs, j'aimerais bien que la vitesse maximum sur l'autoroute soit augmentée ... :)

Reactions: EV
I get that 100%, I just don't like drinking and driving being linked to speeding. That's all :dunno:
Yeah I know...but this is not the point Mister_D wanted to do...the only thing he want you to understand is whatever is your choice, think about it because it will touch everyone around you. Keep it on the track is doing prevetion about speeding, SAAQ is doing prvention about drinking and driving, but what we have in common is the word "prevention" to save lifes and pain.

However on a highway outside the city center 130kph-140kph are perfectly acceptable speeds. You need to pay more attention and make sure there are no idiots around you. I travel enough on the highways to see that speed doesn't kill but rather the idiot that pulls out in front of you doing 90kph forcing you to slam on the brakes.
Again, even if you do not hurt anybody else on the road if you loose control, what about your family? Friends? Girlfriend? They will be hurt.

Reactions: EV

^^voice of reason

Yeah I know...but this is not the point Mister_D wanted to do...the only thing he want you to understand is whatever is your choice, think about it because it will touch everyone around you. Keep it on the track is doing prevetion about speeding, SAAQ is doing prvention about drinking and driving, but what we have in common is the word "prevention" to save lifes and pain.

Again, even if you do not hurt anybody else on the road if you loose control, what about your family? Friends? Girlfriend? They will be hurt.

Unfortunatly what the SAAQ says and what I do/feel comfortable with are 2 different things. Perhaps they should focus on proper driver education. I am not saying that I'm a driving god but there is nothing wrong with speeding on the highway OUTSIDE of the city center if you know what you are doing and are aware of surroundings. Passing on a 2 lane road over a solid line is stupid, so is speeding down St-jeans or driving like a manic in a school zone. I travel the limits in all these areas but once out on the open road it's go time.

The SAAQ would rather impose pointlessly low limits instead of redoing their OUTDATED driving curiculum. It's easy to always blame the person who crashed on speed but what if he/she knew how to handle a car at high speed and understood car dynamics/what to do. Perhaps the death rate would be lower.

You can crash and get injured/killed/paralized on the track just as fast as you can on the road. Just because it's a controlled enviroment doesn't mean that it's any safer. Infact risks are higher. Think about that. A crash at 160kph on the street or track is still a 160kph crash.

Didn't transport Canada recommend the 40 be raised to 120 outside of city centers?

In New Brunswick the 2 (trans canada) is 110kph limit for about 80% of the time. Areas in Texas outside city centers are 70 or 75mph limit. Then again the highway is 6 lanes wide and perfectly smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back