Visa declined Pokerstars money deposit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

villain514

Hey just curious to see if this has happened to anyone on here. I just attempted to deposit 20 bucks into my Pokerstars account to play some low stake games and my Visa(from Scotiabank, where I also have my chequing account) declined the transaction...The email I got from PStars said that perhaps my bank has blocked transactions to poker sites or wtv, so I guess I'm wondering if I call the bank tomorrow If I can get it unblocked? :dunno:

Or better yet, if anyone here knows a way around it(i.e. are Clickandbuy and Click2Pay reliable?), that would be appreciated :bigup:

Thanks

If you're with RBC, they don't allow you to use the CC on gambling sites. If you're with RBC, they will not allow you even if you call.

its not for a matter of "responsibility" it's just that they don't want you to use their CC for that.

edit: nevermind, I just noticed you said scotiabank....but I'm sure its pretty much the same.

The CC definitely isn't frozen, I used it yesterday no problem, I'm pretty use it's the gambling site Issue El Maestro mentioned. Hmm, Pokerstars accepts two paypal-like accounts called ClickandBuy and Click2Pay, but I've never heard of them before so I don't know how safe/secure they are....argh

you can't really call your bank and ask them to unblock it, call in Customer Service at PStar and they will pass your card on another intermediary so it won't show up as a "online gaming transaction" and it will go through.

Yeah, so I'm just going to make an account with Moneybookers. I'm not going to buy a prepaid CC just to put a couple of dollars on a poker site lol I feel bad for Americans, there's hardly any ways for them to put money on poker sites now, every place I check out says "for non-US residents only", sucks for them

the best for any online transaction is to buy a prepaid card.

you will have no surprise, they can't take more money
and you don't spread your real credit card number all over the internet.

the best for any online transaction is to buy a prepaid card.

you will have no surprise, they can't take more money
and you don't spread your real credit card number all over the internet.

The problem is from a quick Google search I've read that many prepaid cards are declined as well, so I don't want to keep wasting money on prepaid cards i'd otherwise never use until i find one that is accepted....

anyways it appears moneybookers isnt very compatible with scotiabank visas either, this is lame I guess I'll stick with play money lol

im telling you go to pharmaprix and get a prepaid master card, it works.. there is no reason it wouldnt work

Get the online visa debit card. You trsfr your CC money to the Debit one and then from the debit one to the gambling site. I had the same issue with my CC

Get the online visa debit card. You trsfr your CC money to the Debit one and then from the debit one to the gambling site. I had the same issue with my CC

Visa Electron? lol I'm a hardcore n00b when it comes to trying to put a couple of dollars on a stupid poker site :(

Thanks, I'll check it out. I already have a Moneybookers account though so I might attempt to transfer some money with that first. I kind of wanted an online account that was compatible with both Pstars and Full Tilt, Moneybookers and Click2Pay seem to be the only options for that though *td*

Nevermind, found out EntroPay can be used anywhere you can use regular Visa cards, so it turned out to be the perfect solution, signed up and got my money on Pstars finally, thanks a lot Subzero! :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back