questions about sale using proxy form.

Melon d'eau

you know that the SAAQ has available these proxy forms for sales of vehicles where the owner does not need to be present to execute selling and changing the ownership. Well I sold a dolley to a person for 700.00 bucks and the valid date was september 22, 2010, ample time for him to get this done. Then the guy never transfered the ownership and now wants his 700.00 bucks, but the funny thing is the dolley is stolen now.

In summar, I sold it and the guy never transfered it within the valid time frame, want his money back and it is stolen. I think too many coincidences and what recourse do he or I have?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

So you went to the liquor store to get a proxy form to plate one of these:

sales_large_dollie_1.jpg

The guy never went back to the liquor store to plate it and then someone stole it and now he wants his money back?

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

So you went to the liquor store to get a proxy form to plate one of these:

sales_large_dollie_1.jpg

The guy never went back to the liquor store to plate it and then someone stole it and now he wants his money back?

no it is the dolley that you hook on the back of your car to tow a car.

Is this a serious question? Why would you consider giving him any $$ back? Its his fault its stolen, and its his fault he never transferred it to his name.

Is this a serious question? Why would you consider giving him any $$ back? Its his fault its stolen, and its his fault he never transferred it to his name.

yes it is a serious question, so if it passed the deadline to transfer the vehicle it is his fault. he said he does not want it and then it was stolen afterwards. i say it is just not coincidental.

why dont u call saaq and ask ?

I think on the proxy form says you are responsible for the car ( dolly in your case) until the transfer has been made.

You tell him to shut up, learn some responsibility and take his bullshit somewhere else.
If he doesn't comply and still wants to harass you, claim it stolen and claim him as the thief.

You tell him to shut up, learn some responsibility and take his bullshit somewhere else.
If he doesn't comply and still wants to harass you, claim it stolen and claim him as the thief.

i see and i guess it must have happened to you before?
thanks for the advice, so report stolen to police not saaq

dont do that all you got to do is not a fuckin thing that is all on the prox you are responsible till he puts it in his name you cant do shit but know the car is stolen that is a + for you so till hime its your car you got it stolen so good day and dont call me all the i can give you is a 1 $ for what you put on the prox

It is not wise to leave something in your name when you don't own it anymore.
For all he knows, it could be used in a crime and they would come after him for it.

okay I called the SAAQ and they say the transaction never occured so it is still mines and to call the police.
I called the police and they say to take a copy of the proxy to the SAAQ and show them I have sold it and if they can't do anything to come to the police station.

At least I wasn't driving it on the road, it stayed in the comfort of a barn. I still do it and ask permission to do so to all the owners of the vehicles.

Back