Volkswagen brings 2013 Golf R to Canada

Great looking car, aside from the wheels. I would take a Focus RS over this if they bring that here, though. Here's hoping.

The reason why this car is expensive is because its limited edition with a nice body kit, not riced with nice engine in it.
The value of this car will be maintained as compared to the WRX which you see often. You pay for the rareness.

1. My avatar isn't achicouille, this guy can't take a joke without making death threats over PM.

2. Who the fuck ninja edited my original post? A little bit of humor doesn't hurt.
Butthurt, burnout?

Dealers also have to warn their local fire department 2 weeks in advance of receiving shipment. :D

At that price I'd take an Evo (GSR) thank you very much.

I haven't seen great reviews about the MKVI Jetta-Golf interior quality.

As for the WRX, I don't understand why so many people hate on the car's interior. It's not an Aston Martin, fine, but it's very comparable to other hot hatches-sport compacts. You can get leather, xenons, sunroof, gps, heated seats, etc....I've been in many different nice Euro sports cars and can't say that the Subaru is that bad.

wow tu sais bien lire les brochures :D

wow tu sais bien lire les brochures :D

my brother bought a brand new WRX and it started rattling from EVERYWHERE only after 10k's, started being noisy at around 30k's. Plastic were cheap ( mostly hard ) glovebox and door handles felt they came out straight out of a 98 tercel and seats were made out of mexican beans. Other than that it drove great. But certainly didn'tfeel like a 34k car.

Not to be a fanboy but presentation wise this car wins.

2011_vw_golf_r_euro_17.jpg

There is also a non-basied review on youtube about the R, and he does compare the EVO and the STI, saying performance wise it's not really a good match, but everything else justifies the price bracket. Can't go on youtube since i'm at work.

I'm sure they are german built and use the finer dash materials like the new GLI. Much better than the NA jetta.

$40000 is too much for a Performance tuned Golf. I can get a STI for $38000, or the 370Z start at $40K as well.

I'm impress with VW making something like this, but it is just a bit over priced. $35k is more reasonable.

People has to be a big VW fans to pay $40k for it.

Pricing fits right in between the 128 and 135.Despite the badge, for what it is, it seams like the right range.

Pricing is perfect at 40k. This is perfect for a young professional who might have to drive customers occasionally by day, and who's a car enthusiast by night. Given the price increase on the 2012 135i, if I had to buy a car in the coming months it would be this.

Back