Dealer Installed Tints = Ticket

Special--K

Is there anything i can do?

It has to be illegal for a dealer to install "Parts" that are not road legeal?

Any suggestions?

No its not illegal, Did you buy the car brand new? Then they must have made your sign a waiver saying the windows tints are illegal (If you asked them to put them on) Otherwise they didn't care enough to warn you and you can't do shit about it, unless your lucky and the dealers feels like getting down on its knees and remove the tints or whatever you wish them to do. But that probably won't happen, since they prefer you bend over and accept the pain.

probleme commun
mais c'est pas parce que ca vient direct de chez Mazda que c'est legal... surtout que les tints sont souvent souscontractées

When I got mine tinted, on the bill is says "the client is aware of window tinting laws in Quebec". You probably got something like that too

ill check for that. I got the car brand new, and mazda installed the tints. But never told me they were illegal. Im not going to Lie, i knew they were lower then 70%.

I guess ill go see what the deal has to say.

got another ticket for tints today... thats 2 in 10 days. I dont even understand why Tinted windows are illegal.

you wanna know something? I contested tinted window ticket and I won...

Now the way to do it is a bit fucked, even I have hard time explaining it but.. anyways i'll try..
You have to go check the report of the cop of you ticket to the city... check if the cop has "tested" his equipement before using it.. if he didn't.. you go to the judge and you say that the cop did not test his window tint reader before using it and as per the guide book it should always be tested before using it, also in the training that the cop got it was mentionned to always test it before using it. therefore if he did not test his equipement, it means that his equipement is not fit to give 100% therefore the tint pourcentage that he has on your windows is wrong so he cannot PROVE that your windows are too tinted !

That's what I did and I won... I gotta say that the cop showed up to court so that is what helped me winning... I asked him if he remember testing the equipment and he says that he do not remember that much details because he does alot in a day... I show to the judge that the cop did not put the equipement's test result in the report.. he only put the fact that he check my passenger and driver windows...

Good luck!

It can come factory tinted, doesn't mean its going to be legal.

Just cause they sell bongs doesn't mean you won't get a "paraphinilia" ticket for having one.

Back