The older you get, did you change your perception of cars?

SkyFall

The older you get, did you change your perception of cars? Let me explain, when I was younger (teenager) I was crazy about modified car, I dreamed about getting a car and tune it up...but the more I get older I see myself changing regarding cars...Now I prefer stock cars with good performance or with little change. I also love more mid-luxury car just for everyday drive like BMW 3 series, Benz C series or Audi A4...

Oui j'ai changé ma perception mais SURTOUT mon attitude par rapport au voiture. Avant j'avais du fun a rouler vite sur l'autoroute, faire du top speed, plus maintenant.

Aussi je ne ressens plus le besoin de taponner sur mes autos, j'aime acheter quelques choses neuf a mon gout, bien sur je veux avoir quelques éléments distintifs mais je n'ai plus le gout de faire du gros taponnage. P-e éventuellement quand j'aurai la place, avoir un projet a taponner a temps perdu mais pour l'instant je suis content d'avoir un véhicule neuf sans entretiens.

not really, when i was young, i always wanted a 4x4 that can go everywhere, my favorite was the lada niva, i really liked the look and the fact that it was a small capable 4x4, now i know that they are real crap on wheel, but i still want one sometimes just for the lolz, . i did not change at all, i like simple 4x4 that can bring you anywhere. i never been attracted by engine performance or on-road ability.

when I lived in the country, I loved All sorts of cars and trucks, and in recent years have been able to own a few childhood dreams (poubs nowadays)

Then we moved to the shore, and FnF came out...
I loved Civic's when I was 12....

I ti-couned with my first car (Lebaron vert), and have been slowly educated over the years....

j'ai moins le gout de me faire chier (passer 14h a trouver le probleme), je prefere parfois payer pis le faire faire en 1/4 du temps. Mon temps vaut beaucoup plus cher qu'avant.. et quand j'Vais fonder une famille ca va etre encore plus vrai.

j'ai encore le gout de modifier, mais beaucoup moins extravageant.. plus subtile et plus "OEM" pour des chars.. mon camion c'est autre chose mais disons que c'est pour la fonction surtout.

avant je disais "achete le moteur de base pis modifies le"
asteur j'achete le moteur le plus fort pis j'le modifie peu/pas...

My dream car still remains a diablo sv, since i was 6 years old.

But yes it obviously changes with trends and all that.

Depuit que je suis jeune... j'ai toujour trippé sur les Camaro 4ieme générations depuit qu'elles sont sortis...
Aujourdhui,quand j'en vois une a vendre j'ai toujour cette passion de jeunesse qui me revient.
Alors l'année prochaine ou l'année d'apres.... On verra bien! ;)

I can honestly say that my opinion on cars has not really changed since I was very young.

I have always loved real race cars, and sleepers on the street. I remember being like 12 or 13 and this guy near my house had some beater civic but the engine was swapped and boosted and I thought it was the coolest car. Mainly because I was so fast but didn't look like it.

Any car that I have owned was always mainly stock but with a few minor changes that were done properly. The only difference now is that I know a bit more than I used to when I had my first car. I'm not really one to follow any trends, and performance is something that never goes out of style.

Well I can slowly notice it changing.

When I was younger I always wanted to mod every aspect of my cars, now as others said I would much rather see the car closer to stock.

BUT one car I always dreamed of owning since I was in my teens was a Mustang Cobra and that dream has never changed. I will finally be getting one in a week after many years of waiting.

Overall other than that dream, I actually prefer being in luxury more than sports cars these days. Get tired of riding around in harsh rides and having to deal with reliability issues all at the cost of performance.

I care less and less about cars. I got rid of my practical car for a low Miata with no trunk space (or power). I am 2x happier.

As for cars on the road, FnF cars were cool in 2002, now they make me judgmental of the person behind the wheel. I would rather see someone drive around in a clean looking 1995 Civic with OEM+ everything. than a street racer 2003 turbo Civic puffing black smoke.

OEM+ or nothing. :/

i used to love small low tuned nimble cars with manual tranny but not anymore.
i like now an automatic tall comfy suv or a 4 door sedans.
kinda grew out of the whole street tuning thing.

i find it pointless to drive a tuned cars with manual tranny on a public street.
but it doesnt mean that im no longer passionate about cars. ill one day have a real sports car that i will bring to tracks and stuff.

Absolutely, just like everything else in life. Things change, your perception changes as well as your needs. Your love of automobiles doesn't (well not in my case) but you tend to look at it differently.

I've always love performance, underrated, sleeper cars. As much as I love exotic, sports cars.
My perception never change since then

moi aussi quand j'avais 12, 14 ans je trippais solide sur les JDM du genre S14 Kouki, Supra ect ect.

pi plus je vieillis plus je me rend compte que j'aime les vieilles voitures Stock retapé en sleeper ou juste plain stock comme si c'était neuf.

plus jeune je ne regardais que la puissance,maintenant j'ai compris que le plaisir au volant ne se mesure pas en HP....

et moi aussi si ce n'est pas stock ou très peux modifier au niveau visuel,je n'aime pas ca!

peut importe l'age, même quand je faisais 500 km par semaine, jamais j'Ai préféré le A/T à M/T

Back