Which car starter to choose?

lorida

As winter approaches, I (and surely many other members) am looking into getting a car starter installed. Nothing fancy, just something I can use to start my car from the living room. I've narrowed it down to these three options:

1) Canadian tire prostart, $60+$120 kijiji installer
http://m.canadiantire.ca/mt/www.can...mote+Starter+with+Keyless+Entry.jsp?locale=en

2) future shop Nordic $150 (usually goes on special for $130 w/ free install +$50 module)
http://m.futureshop.ca/?lang=en#/catalog/productdetails.aspx?ajax=true&sku=10112319&lang=en-CA

3) kijiji full out sketchy installer, $130 +$50 module
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...ories-Demarreur-a-distance-W0QQAdIdZ413527985

At the end of the day, are these systems all the same? Should my decision be based fully on price?

Anybody have a recommendation for an inexpensive unit/installer?

There used to be a guy who installed a two way system for $100+ module, anybody have his number?

Pm blingbling! He's been doing all my starters on 10+ cars and never had any issues.

Those free installs future and best buy offer are never really free. Lastly, i wouldn't trust a guy on kijiji working on my car.

Sent from my SGH-T589R using Tapatalk 2

never, never get your remote starter installed by a kijiji guy. you don't know the guy and you don't know how he installs. you have a problem, you'll call him back ? is he gonna care ? not really...

first of all what's your car ?

As winter approaches, I (and surely many other members) am looking into getting a car starter installed.

I have heated seats and they're warm by the time I get to the second corner, couple of more corners and the car is heating up. I see no need for me to idle the car for nothing. Wouldn't mind having heated steering wheel, wouldn't have to wear gloves. :D

^ thanks niko ill get in touch with him.

It's a 2007 impreza, so it will need the key transmitter bypass gig.

^exaudi, if they install it and it works, what could go wrong? They get the money when it works! If the module fails, it isn't hard to chop it out and put in a new one once everything is cased out...a lot of those adds are also shops looking for some extra business!

Cranky, I always get frost on the outside of the windows and can't see shit! Also when it snows, same scenario. And what does it cost to idle a car for five minutes? 50 cents? It's a nice little luxury for when I park outside at home!

I am in Dorval and can do it for you ...

PM me the make model and transmission

Thanks!

And as far as what can go wrong....

Lets see, car won't start with key, blown ECU, fire, car dies on the Metropolitan in traffic....I have seen it all.

Lots of hacks out there.

Make sure your installer is fully insured. I have a garage and a liability policy.

I got my Compustar ( RF-P2W901-SS) alarm/starter done by Donald at CSC in Kahnawake. Great job, great price and very friendly guy. He is a member here mohawkboom. Not sure if he still comes around. Can't PM you his number if you are interested. Good Luck.

I had some stuff done by Installations GTH before and it turned out good good but he won't do my Astra so if anyone else wants to do it we're looking :p

I will contact the other people above and see what they say.

Back