Airplane Thread

Y'en a tu ici qui ont leur licences de vol récréatif ou privé?

On parle de combien environ pour l'un ou l'autre des processus, au total?

J’ai mon privé. En 2009 ça m’a coûté environ 15 000$ si je me souviens bin. Peut-être un peu moins. Mais fais attentions aux écoles qui font de la pub en disant genre “licence privés à partir de xxxx$. Ils se basent sur les nombres d’heures au sol et en vol minimales de Transport Canada. Mais dans la vraie vie, la majorité des gens prennent des heures de plus avant les exams pour être 100% sur des passer du premier coup…

Btw, je suis hors de moi, ils viennent de me retirer ma licence parce que je prends des anti-dépresseurs. C’est tellement ridicule. Transport Canada sont complètement attardés avec leurs décisions arbitraires de quel médicament ils considèrent dangereux. Leur argument c’est que l’Anti-dépresseur peut cause de la somnolence mais mon médecin de famille peut certifier à 100% que je ne souffre d’aucune somnolence. Bref, je dis ça juste pour que tu fasse tes recherches comme du monde avant de te lancer là dedans. Beaucoup de choses vraiment anodines peuvent te faire sauter ton médical…

J’ai mon privé. En 2009 ça m’a coûté environ 15 000$ si je me souviens bin. Peut-être un peu moins. Mais fais attentions aux écoles qui font de la pub en disant genre “licence privés à partir de xxxx$. Ils se basent sur les nombres d’heures au sol et en vol minimales de Transport Canada. Mais dans la vraie vie, la majorité des gens prennent des heures de plus avant les exams pour être 100% sur des passer du premier coup…

Btw, je suis hors de moi, ils viennent de me retirer ma licence parce que je prends des anti-dépresseurs. C’est tellement ridicule. Transport Canada sont complètement attardés avec leurs décisions arbitraires de quel médicament ils considèrent dangereux. Leur argument c’est que l’Anti-dépresseur peut cause de la somnolence mais mon médecin de famille peut certifier à 100% que je ne souffre d’aucune somnolence. Bref, je dis ça juste pour que tu fasse tes recherches comme du monde avant de te lancer là dedans. Beaucoup de choses vraiment anodines peuvent te faire sauter ton médical…

Ben voyons donc! J'espère pour toi que c'est pas trop compliqué ravoir ta licence par la suite...

Personnellement je fais juste commencer à prendre mon information avant de voir si ça vaut la peine de mettre temps et argent la dessus... Considère tu que c'était un bon move sinon d'avoir ta licence, no regret?

Mon vol vers Miami a changé de 19h à genre 9h am le lendemain faque je me suis fait changer de vol.

J'ai passé proche de coucher à Philadelphie hehe

^ very nice pic, not sure if you were already asked, but are you pilot? technician? what do you do to the jets? where do you touch them? Could they show me on a doll jet where touched them? :D

I’m just a tech lol “aircraft structure” but we do a few random stuff too like “aircraft life support equipment”
It was just a pic of the harrier being worked on by its crew. I only work on griffins. Nothing exciting lol

I’m just a tech lol “aircraft structure” but we do a few random stuff too like “aircraft life support equipment”
It was just a pic of the harrier being worked on by its crew. I only work on griffins. Nothing exciting lol

still cool stuff*tu*

When i look at this picture i can't help thinking that we have gone backwards.

FDIe3-OXoAErvzo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDIe3-OXoAErvzo?format=jpg&name=small

it's debatable, if you look at space x, without being an elon musk fanboy, have to admit his pushing things further than before, but yes there was a period of stagnation... same with the commercial airplanes, there are quite a few projects of supersonic commercial planes that are supposed to come out, also some "electrical" ones and some "flying cars" type of thing, it's ok man, there was a pause because of production costs, but as those get lower with more innovating ways to ingeneer/produce your product, this also allows to push the available technology even further, it's all good

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDIe3-OXoAErvzo?format=jpg&name=small

BA had planned to run their fleet until late 2000s. They had all just been D checked, new fuel tanks and interiors. The legend is that AF pushed airbus to cancel the type certificate. The people who flew Concorde. Worked on Concorde at BA are very bitter towards the French. If you ever get to Brooklands at Weybridge flying the simulator is cool experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's debatable, if you look at space x, without being an elon musk fanboy, have to admit his pushing things further than before, but yes there was a period of stagnation... same with the commercial airplanes, there are quite a few projects of supersonic commercial planes that are supposed to come out, also some "electrical" ones and some "flying cars" type of thing, it's ok man, there was a pause because of production costs, but as those get lower with more innovating ways to ingeneer/produce your product, this also allows to push the available technology even further, it's all good

In the 80's we had supersonic commercial airliners and space shuttles. In 2021 we have regular airliners and billionaires going to the edge of space in penis shaped rockets.

Were these supersonic flights profitable ? If yes, what was the price of fuel back then ?

They were for the airlines.

That said, the airlines that flew the Concorde did make a profit. Concorde was only every purchased by two airlines: BA and Air France. While the concept of the Concorde might not have been a worldwide hit, it was certainly a good market fit for these two airlines at the time.

Both Air France and British Airways managed to make a profit from Concorde operations. For British Airways, it was around £30-50m ($37-61m) when things were going well. Air France’s profit was slightly less. In 1986, AP News released an article detailing Concorde profits. It said that in 1984, Air France made $8.8m in profit. A year later, British Airways made a profit of $17.3m.

On October 24th, 2003, both Air France and British Airways retired the aircraft. Despite a bid from Virgin Atlantic to keep the aircraft operational, the Concorde did not appear to have a viable future. At the end of it all, British Airways had gained £1.75bn in revenue with the Concorde against an operating cost of £1bn.
https://simpleflying.com/did-british-airways-make-a-profit-flying-concorde/

I have no idea what the prices of aviation fuel were like back then. The main problems were that the tickets were very expensive and the plane could only carry 100 passengers.

In the 80's we had supersonic commercial airliners and space shuttles. In 2021 we have regular airliners and billionaires going to the edge of space in penis shaped rockets.

lol yeah that's kind of funny

but when you look at Elon's Musk stuff, space x is no joke

also some passenger supersonic planes are coming back and not only that but with improvements like no sonic boom
electric planes are getting there as well, some really interesting stuff that works now
the continus developement and investment in drones by companies has given birth to personal "flying cars", products are out and more are coming,

depends on how you look at it, tech is there, know how as well, it's just a question of money as usual, manufacturing getting cheaper and if the need is there you'll see the supersonics popup everywhere...... anyway who cares about supersonic, hypersonic is the shit now, get into orbit and just glide towards your landing strip with a combination of ram/scram jet "engines" if you can call them that, not sure how you gonna slow down but that's details...

Back