The gun thread

Get an SKS. 7.62. $400-500 for 1500 bullets. Pretty cheap to shoot and satisfying.

Hah my cousin's BF actually bought an SKS last year. But from what I gather most ranges won't let you bring in surplus ammo.

Does anyone here go to the range "frequently"?
Id love to take along AFTER completing my CFSC :laugh:

Assuming the ranges are open despite covid

Hah my cousin's BF actually bought an SKS last year. But from what I gather most ranges won't let you bring in surplus ammo.

Does anyone here go to the range "frequently"?
Id love to take along AFTER completing my CFSC :laugh:

Assuming the ranges are open despite covid

As far as I know they don't allow guests because of covid.

If you like the look of the cross, the Tikka CTR is similar in style but much cheaper.

You can get a KRG chassis for it down the road.

Then start loading your own ammo.

If you like the look of the cross, the Tikka CTR is similar in style but much cheaper.

You can get a KRG chassis for it down the road.

Then start loading your own ammo.

Not sure how I feel about buying a chassis for a firearm.

What .22lr rifles do you guys own? Mind posting pics?

Ma première 22 c'était une Ruger 10-22 avec canon lourd. Je l'ai vendue pour m'acheter une Browning BL22 à levier, que j'ai échangé pour une belle CZ que j'ai échangé contre une Lee Enfield 303. J'ai toujours la Lee Enfield mais je n'ai aucune 22LR dans mon arsenal. Ah oui, j'ai racheté une Ruger 10-22 de base pour tirer les écureuils chez moi mais c'était trop bruyant donc je l'ai vendu peu de temps après.

J'ai jamais trippé 22LR ou je me suis tanné très rapidement. Il y a moyen de faire du fun mais bien souvent, c'est un calibre transitoire vers une arme à percussion centrale.

Not sure how I feel about buying a chassis for a firearm.

What .22lr rifles do you guys own? Mind posting pics?
This rifle/chassis is still cheaper than the cross.

W3-RG-m07.jpg

Edit:

The .30-30 is one of the most popular hunting rounds available, and lever guns are very fun and affordable. Try finding a JM stamped Marlin 336 or an older Winchester 1894. Henry also makes some very nice magazine fed levers in non blunt tip like .308

Last edited:
A 22lr is a must have IMO, good for practice, plinking and initiate friends and family to the sport. That being said, if you can only have one rifle, for a plethora of reasons, that would be a 308, no doubt about it. Plenty of good choices to choose from, but don't go too cheap. Nothing against a savage axis or rem 783, but I would pay a little extra for something a bit premium that you won't regret anytime soon. Even more true for scopes.

Here is mine, a farkled out Savage 10TR, shoot like a laser beam.

snipe1.jpg

snipe5.jpg

A 22lr is a must have IMO, good for practice, plinking and initiate friends and family to the sport. That being said, if you can only have one rifle, for a plethora of reasons, that would be a 308, no doubt about it. Plenty of good choices to choose from, but don't go too cheap. Nothing against a savage axis or rem 783, but I would pay a little extra for something a bit premium that you won't regret anytime soon. Even more true for scopes.

Here is mine, a farkled out Savage 10TR, shoot like a laser beam.

View attachment 45689

View attachment 45690

Huh you changed the chassis also.

Is it a difficult process? Maybe on 2nd thought it isn't that bad on an idea.... I'd certainly want one of you guys to walk me through it tho if I tried to change the chassis on my 308

Huh you changed the chassis also.

Is it a difficult process? Maybe on 2nd thought it isn't that bad on an idea.... I'd certainly want one of you guys to walk me through it tho if I tried to change the chassis on my 308

A plain hunting rifle stock is really simple. Heck, firearms are a lot easier to work with than one might expect.

You’ve got what my 10-22 came in up top vs what it’s sitting in below. There were two fasteners to free the receiver from its stock iirc.
2ca64580e77a547229ef93b257cf4dc8.jpg

The change is mostly ergonomic / aesthetic. It's actually a PITA to use the short 10 round mags with this.

Here's a remington 700 getting pimped out.

Last edited:
A plain hunting rifle stock is really simple. Heck, firearms are a lot easier to work with than one might expect.

You’ve got what my 10-22 came in up top vs what it’s sitting in below. There were two fasteners to free the receiver from its stock iirc.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201106/2ca64580e77a547229ef93b257cf4dc8.jpg

The change is mostly ergonomic / aesthetic. It's actually a PITA to use the short 10 round mags with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h16OJcZLUG0

Here's a remington 700 getting pimped out.

Damnit i haven't even taking the classes yet and you guys have me looking up gun customizations on my free time. Its like cars all over again

Damnit i haven't even taking the classes yet and you guys have me looking up gun customizations on my free time. Its like cars all over again

Look for a Tavor x95 (the middle one). It’s not prohibited (yet), nor restricted. You can take that thing and shoot anywhere you want.

FB5BAD50-6DFC-4E6B-A866-5777A19F0CBC.jpg

As I said earlier, just wait until you realize the difference hand loading your own ammo can make.

Now you're in your basement priming resized cases until 2 am.

Iv actually known about this. Laws are Hilariously inconsistent here. The fact it comes in .308 is ridiculous

A scary semi-auto. Wouldn't recommend it. You might as well go to the bank, withdraw $2000 in hunnids and frame it. Either way, there's a real good chance a bunch of crooks will be coming for it sooner than later once they find out about it.

The libs have been leaning on the NDP so far, but they know they can trust the bloc to back them on their gun grab BS.

/No, I like my newly illegal paperweight just fine. Thanks for asking.

This... somehow seems dangerous. And a fantastic way to land on some FBI/RCMP watch list

Nah. As much as the movies like to pretend the super evil assassins have their "untraceable" hand loads and all that nonsense, there really isn't all that much to it. It's 100% legal.
A casing, primer, powder and bullet come together as one.

Can you bake? If so, you can probably reload ammunition. It takes a bit of equipment, experimenting through trial / error but so long as you've got the money and ability to follow a recipe/best practices it's hardly rocket science. (more of an art)

So out of curiosity. When it comes to more expensive bullets such as 6.5 or 308. Would i be correct to assume making your own bullets is also cheaper than retail?

La vraie réponse est: ca depend.

Ca depend de comment tu tires vs le coût initial de ton équipement, des composantes et ton temps. Recharger 50 rondes incluant la préparation ca peut facilement prendre 2 heures.

Avec une machine progressive, tu peux produire 50 rondes en moins de 5 minutes mais on parle d'un investissement de 2000$. Ca fait plus de 10 ans que je tire et ma presse a été rentabilisé plusieurs fois.

A moins d'être ultra méticuleux et préparer tes douilles religieusement, les balles premiums sont aussi sinon plus précises et plus constantes que produire tes munitions.

A moins que ton calibre soit rare, la tu n'as pas le choix de recharger.

Envoyé de mon SM-G988W en utilisant Tapatalk

Back