Votes: 51 22.6%
  • Galaxie S4

Votes: 101 44.7%
  • Iphone 5

Votes: 74 32.7%

• Total voters
Why is it disappointing?

From my perspective:

It doesn't feel like it's pushing the envelope of what an android phone can be. It's like an half-assed effort at making a very iterative update vs a proper flagship IMO.

I like that they haven't gimped the Pixel 3 on features compared to the XL, but it feels like a very half-baked effort compared to it's larger brethren (IE Screen to body ratio) Why can't I get as nice a phone in a smaller package? I like the iPhone XS approach better. Same design, just physically larger.

Why does the non XL have such a large "chin" and "forehead" in this day and age? Who cares about "front firing speakers"? That's a lame excuse and makes the phone look dated already.

Most if not all the promo material showcases the XL for a reason...

I've gotten used to a "Notch" but it feels very "me too" on the XL. I'd take face ID over dual selfie cameras any day.

IE My Pixel and iPhone X have practically the same physical size. Actual screen size though? Night and day difference. Same with screen quality. I really wish they would get a "samsung" or samsung equivalent screen vs what they've been using so far. They have a bit of catching up to do on IQ.

Same SOC as the Galaxy S9 for instance is also a little underwhelming. With all their money / R&D etc, can't they secure a "better" version of that chip? The 845 isn't even close to catching up to the SOC in last year's iphone.

^especially at 1099$ for the base base model, no thanks Jeffrey.

The greatest thing about the pixels is just how quickly they drop down to being affordable on certain carriers.

I expect to see 0$ pixel 3s (and $100 or 200$ XLs) on Koodo's large tab by boxing day. At the equivalent of 500 and change outright, it'd be a killer deal.

Full retail pricing? Hard no.

From my perspective:

It doesn't feel like it's pushing the envelope of what an android phone can be. It's like an half-assed effort at making a very iterative update vs a proper flagship IMO.

I like that they haven't gimped the Pixel 3 on features compared to the XL, but it feels like a very half-baked effort compared to it's larger brethren (IE Screen to body ratio) Why can't I get as nice a phone in a smaller package? I like the iPhone XS approach better. Same design, just physically larger.

Why does the non XL have such a large "chin" and "forehead" in this day and age? Who cares about "front firing speakers"? That's a lame excuse and makes the phone look dated already.

Most if not all the promo material showcases the XL for a reason...

I've gotten used to a "Notch" but it feels very "me too" on the XL. I'd take face ID over dual selfie cameras any day.

IE My Pixel and iPhone X have practically the same physical size. Actual screen size though? Night and day difference. Same with screen quality. I really wish they would get a "samsung" or samsung equivalent screen vs what they've been using so far. They have a bit of catching up to do on IQ.

Same SOC as the Galaxy S9 for instance is also a little underwhelming. With all their money / R&D etc, can't they secure a "better" version of that chip? The 845 isn't even close to catching up to the SOC in last year's iphone.
I am also disappointed. I really wanted to get the better screen, but IMO that's the only better thing as everything else looks just AI stuff.
They also have wireless charging which is missing on the pixel 2.

The notch is humongous, ok dual front facing cameras with wide angle is nice, but I almost never take selfies.

And front firing speakers are seriously the best thing the pixel has so for you it might be nothing but for people like me that watch many episodes on the phone it's really night and day compared to every other down firing phone out there. Please Google don't ever change that, even if it means a small bottom bezel and a notch.

Overall I think I can keep my 2 xl for another year, I really love that phone, still incredible camera, fast, updated, no Samsung bloat, etc.

They are getting there slowly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just ordered the Google home hub though

$149 is insanely cheap if you compare with the $230 Alexa.

And front firing speakers are seriously the best thing the pixel has so for you it might be nothing but for people like me that watch many episodes on the phone it's really night and day compared to every other down firing phone out there. Please Google don't ever change that, even if it means a small bottom bezel and a notch.

This is something I can't quite wrap my head around. When would that be a thing for you? What percentage of your use case is that?

If I'm in a public place watching a video on my phone at full volume sounds like a faux pax. I'd likely be using headphones in that situation.
If I'm at home I'd likely prefer my TV or computer monitor. If I'm traveling I'll pack either my tablet or laptop and watch movies/tv shows on their larger screens.

I didn't realize the home hub had been announced for Canada yet. Wonder what $150 USD will "translate" to.

This is something I can't quite wrap my head around. When would that be a thing for you? What percentage of your use case is that?

If I'm in a public place watching a video on my phone at full volume sounds like a faux pax. I'd likely be using headphones in that situation.
If I'm at home I'd likely prefer my TV or computer monitor. If I'm traveling I'll pack either my tablet or laptop and watch movies/tv shows on their larger screens.

I didn't realize the home hub had been announced for Canada yet. Wonder what $150 USD will "translate" to.
I bought the hub in the US.

And I don't blast full volume, always at home, but it just sounds better in stereo. You can also listen at lower volumes when front facing.

True. I'm looking for something with an 845 chip and at least 4gb of ram with dual sim. Any ideas? No Huawei though.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Je ne sais pas le prix ni si dipso au Canada, c'est aussi chinois mais je regarderai aussi le Find X de Oppo. Le design est vraiment nouveau ( Camera est en interne et sort d'un tiroir. Le téléphone est quasi full screen sans notch)
https://www.oppo.com/en/smartphone-find_x/

Je ne sais pas le prix ni si dipso au Canada, c'est aussi chinois mais je regarderai aussi le Find X de Oppo. Le design est vraiment nouveau ( Camera est en interne et sort d'un tiroir. Le téléphone est quasi full screen sans notch)
https://www.oppo.com/en/smartphone-find_x/
Vraiment fou le design.

Sauf que le truc qui doit sortir pour te voir la face pour face unlock 200 fois par jour, pas sur...

Et ColorOS une autre gogosse où tu vas devoir hacker pour mettre Android pur.

Back