Monday JDM, worst meet ever?

Vtecjustkickedin

So first, I've been to the Julep on multiple occasions and went twice to High Society and I have to say that tonight's JDM Monday was the worst meet I've EVER been to.

At first, I was not supposed to go; I had decided to stay at home and enjoy the pool with a beer but a friend, who was there because of his girlfriend, called me saying that Custom Ride's Bugatti was there. I said fuck that to the pool and sped up on the 40/15 to see the Bugatti. I arrived there and what do I see speeding up in front of me? Yep, the Bugatti... Since my friend was already there waiting for me, I decided to park my car in the lot next door so I could have a small chat with him.

Upon arriving on the exact lot, I saw lots of riced out Neon that were revving in a choir, parked behind a Range Rover and an Escalade on chromed 48''. Meh, that's shady considering the area. Back there, the meet was taking place, or maybe I should call it the ti-coune show. Revving, revving, revving and shitty rap music. Lots of dust in the air thanks to assholes revving their POS. I joined my friend and did a tour of the lot with him.

Now, usually, I go at Julep and spot atleast 5 cars that worth taking a picture. Tonight, I probably saw only 5, and out of those 5 cars, 2 of them have already been at Julep. Overall, there's a lot of garbage here and there. A group of like 15 Civics decided to quit the meet by popping their V-Tec dans panne at 7700rpm. A 'drift' Supra had a shitty aftermarket bumper straight from the 90s and an exhaust that was dragging on the ground. I told him his car should not even be on the road and he told me 'it's a race car bro' yeah well, I've never a race car in a worse condition than yours. And how can it be a racecar if there are steelies on the front, leather seats and a huge subwoofer? That ain't no racecar or else I'm the Pope. There were also way too many stock cars, and I mean, STOCK. A completely stock Acura TL, a completely stock Mazda3 and a completely stock V6 Convertible Camaro were part of the meet.

On a side note, because the cars aren't the only thing doing the meet's rep; people generally looked like ti-counes and guys you would encounter in a Canadian Tire parking lot meet and that disappointed me to a level I never imagined. Those people, and the cars that go with them, are what made the tuning scene look like shit five years. And what happened generally five years is what almost killed the tuning scene.

I'm pretty sure this is not worthy of a thread, but I can assure you that it was the first and last time I ever went to the JDM Monday Meet. Now I understand why they have trouble finding a location.

problem not about meet !!!!!!!!!! , problem is about fkng laval !!!! if they did this meet in west iland montreal , there probably 1% of ricers . But in laval , mascouche , terrebonne , st jerome = french kids who know sh!t about cars !!!!!

i cant even imagine if they gonna do meet in mascouche or st -jerome !!!!!!!!! its gonna be ricers pkanet !!!!!!!

Since the jerk offs killed the real "JDM Monday" at SIN with burnouts and stupidity last summer it has not been the same, I once saw a lambo diablo there once. I've been a few times since and there are normally a couple of cars that are alright, honestly my corolla would fit in better than my summer car probably. Generally pretty bad though.

problem not about meet !!!!!!!!!! , problem is about fkng laval !!!! if they did this meet in west iland montreal , there probably 1% of ricers . But in laval , mascouche , terrebonne , st jerome = french kids who know sh!t about cars !!!!!

i cant even imagine if they gonna do meet in mascouche or st -jerome !!!!!!!!! its gonna be ricers pkanet !!!!!!!

If they had a meet in WI it would be 1% ricers 98% bone stock volkswagen on coilover or bags with rims, 1% other.

If they had a meet in WI it would be 1% ricers 98% bone stock volkswagen on coilover or bags with rims, 1% other.

yes and no ... just on my street every fkng day i see few gtrs , few mr2 , few sti , 300zx , sandro-bit audi a4 , porsche 911 turbo , corvette , etc and my street is small . like i dont talk about huge boulevard . so its pretty much big .

honestly i even better to see alot of stocks vw on bags then fkng rusty ricers with they civics .

I won't say Laval is the issue. I think the meet got out of control like the OD jdm monday. I was cool at the beginning of the summer, but it got worst since a couple of week. Now they have to find a new emplacement fucking every week. Another thing is people with an almost stock car. Mine is looking stock, I don't go there to expose, I park the car away and I watch the nice car. But it pisses me off when I see a car less modified than mine in the nice car spot. Fucking waste of space and less rep for the meet. Anyway, I'm done with any meet this season, I rather hit the strip or join the next big cruise.

@Pozzolol: That is exactly what was happening tonight, a bunch of clean looking FRS/BRZ got turned away because the lot was full of other things, like stock SXT Charger with black stripes driven by a soccer mom...

@Pozzolol: That is exactly what was happening tonight, a bunch of clean looking FRS/BRZ got turned away because the lot was full of other things, like stock SXT Charger with black stripes driven by a soccer mom...

And also patate 2000 parking lot isn't so big, so you just need a few dumb fuck who act like king and you got a shitty meet *td*

btw , i wanna correct my self , not everyone in laval , st jerome , mascouche are like that . there is alot of sick cars with good peoples. The problem is that alot of cars own by young 20 yo kids who probably just got they licanse and parents bought them this cars (civics, gtr , 240sx, sentra,etc etc.). Cuz they still young and immature and watch to much 2f2f and some crazy youtube videos , they start to rev they engines , do burn out , speeding , etc etc . Most of them live around those areas and its not far for them to drive till any meets cuz almost all meets happen in laval area.

btw , i wanna correct my self , not everyone in laval , st jerome , mascouche are like that . there is alot of sick cars with good peoples. The problem is that alot of cars own by young 20 yo kids who probably just got they licanse and parents bought them this cars (civics, gtr , 240sx, sentra,etc etc.). Cuz they still young and immature and watch to much 2f2f and some crazy youtube videos , they start to rev they engines , do burn out , speeding , etc etc . Most of them live around those areas and its not far for them to drive till any meets cuz almost all meets happen in laval area.

You almost describe me on this one, 20 y/o, got my liscence at 16. The father paid the car and I bought it back from him a year ago, but if I feel like doing burnout or racing, I just go to st-eustache. But yeah, there is a lot of ticoune in laval who think their civic's are THE shit (apply this to every mainstrean tuner car). Even me, I tought my Focus was the shit back in 2009 and I was driving like a ticoune. Then, I lost a race versus a Matrix and I also started to see how people who acted like me were seen and I never felt the same. Instead of seeing it as a ferrari, I see it as a slightly modified focus.

it's the new generation of ti-coune mate. Hate it or love it, you can't do much about it.
the folks around my Canadian Tires drive a Skyline GT-R, S2000 and some Porsche.

on an unrelated note,
how would you feel if you saw a seventeen year old in a clean car, no ti-couning involved, clean and tastefully modded? I know a lot, not all people are like this, you're quick to judge

You almost describe me on this one, 20 y/o, got my liscence at 16. The father paid the car and I bought it back from him a year ago, but if I feel like doing burnout or racing, I just go to st-eustache. But yeah, there is a lot of ticoune in laval who think their civic's are THE shit (apply this to every mainstrean tuner car). Even me, I tought my Focus was the shit back in 2009 and I was driving like a ticoune. Then, I lost a race versus a Matrix and I also started to see how people who acted like me were seen and I never felt the same. Instead of seeing it as a ferrari, I see it as a slightly modified focus.

everyone or most of us pass by this ,but not everyone understand that fast :)

on an unrelated note,

how would you feel if you saw a seventeen year old in a clean car, no ti-couning involved, clean and tastefully modded? I know a lot, not all people are like this, you're quick to judge

challenge accepted. im 20, but i'll try to do that next year.

And btw.. Yes the location sucked..but it was either that or no meet at all since they only found out late afternoon that they could not hold the meet where they were originally going to. In terms of cars yes there were a bunch of not so nice car and stock cars but really..who gives a shit.. We are all car guys..Why cant we just all enjoy it. There was also a lot of really nice cars that Im guessing you missed. M3/ISF/bunch of sick miatas. 240's.civics.subarus.etc

Yeah I saw the nice cars; that red Miata was pure sex, but most of them were overshadowed by the shittier cars that took most of the space around. I can give a chance for the location as it changes every week, but it's not an excuse for the what the crowd is like.
And sorry for the title, thought it was still JDM Monday.

it's the new generation of ti-coune mate. Hate it or love it, you can't do much about it.
the folks around my Canadian Tires drive a Skyline GT-R, S2000 and some Porsche.

on an unrelated note,

If you are talking about the Canadian Tires on the 13 I work part time over there. If you think we are all "ti-counes", even if you don't know any of us, come and talk to us and we'll see who's the bigger one....

Back