How much protein should I take ? explanations inside.

Miguellolipop

So ya,

I've been training for a while and all the BS nutrition that comes with it (jk aside, I fucking love eating well)

And i've been searching the web for different answers to my questions, I found this very helpful : caloriecount.about.com : You type let's say.. ''sushi'' .. and it tells you all the nutrition values of different types of sushis.

BUT..the big BUT is.. I really CAN'T find any informations on how many grams of protein I should eat per day. I train 4 times a week 1 hour each time and sometimes I jog in between my workout days. Nothing fancy, no bodybuilding bs.

So, I lookd on bodybuilding.com they said 1.5-2.2grams of prot per kilo. On another site it says average 50grams per day is good. The other one 250g. So basically, I have no idea how many grams I should take for what i'm doing and my weight-height. (training to get leaner, drop body fat, cut)

I need good advices from people who actually lifts and no answer ''a la MR'' like : DO WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT please little bitches on the forum stfu on that post.

Thanks people!

PS : j'ai pas envie de faire 2 posts so if ever someone knows how many calories I should eat to be in caloric deficit with the kind of training I do. Thx.

The general rule is you consume protein in g 'at least' the equivalent of your bodyweight in pounds (if you're 180lb you consume 180g of protein or more) spread out over the day of course.
It is always better to consume more than less to keep feed your muscles and if there's excess your body will discard it anyway.
Also keep in mind of your carb intake depending on if you're bulking or if you're leaning out, that makes a huge difference too.

How do you know if it's enough or not ? You can't really feel your protein intake, can you ?

well I was eating about 1g/lbs of protein per day and after almost a year I didn't even gained 10 lbs (training 5 days a week). So after I went to see my kinesiologist he told me to increase the intake of protein, witch I did and in the second year I gained about 25, 30 pounds. I know I have a fast metabolism so he told me I needed to take more.

Also, I don't take creatine or any stuff except protein shake and food.

well I was eating about 1g/lbs of protein per day and after almost a year I didn't even gained 10 lbs (training 5 days a week). So after I went to see my kinesiologist he told me to increase the intake of protein, witch I did and in the second year I gained about 25, 30 pounds. I know I have a fast metabolism so he told me I needed to take more.

Yeah but don't you weight 120lbs?

maybe you just lifted like a phaggot?

nop, the weight was good, the strength was increasing but not my bulk

Yeah but don't you weight 120lbs?

When I started 7 years ago I was at 120, (really skinny, I'm 5ft11) : first 2 years I gained about 15, 20lbs, third year almost nothing, not even 10 (the one I was talking about in my post) then when I started eating a lot more I gained my last 25, 30lbs in the fourth (maybe in a half) year. For my last year of training no gain because I stopped eating that much since it was enough for me and workout was mostly for my job.

I noticed also that my weight is never steady it can be up or down of 5 to even 10 lbs depending on how much I eat and what I eat..

Last edited:
250-300g of protein. You body might not absorb it all though. What is your height & weight? That would have helped determine how much you need.

250-300g of protein. You body might not absorb it all though. What is your height & weight? That would have helped determine how much you need.

Your body cannot metabolise more then 30 grams of protein every two hours. So really more then 240g is useless.

fact or BS?

so many different theories

it kinda is bs.

Look at it this way , if you eat a big ass steak that gives you 80g of protein , your body will take x amount of time to do what it needs. If you eat 30g it will take less time. Thinking that you need an intake every 2 hours is retarded , thinking that wtv you eat over that 30g will be pissed out is also retarded.

It does not matter when you eat during the day it's how much you eat at the end of the day. Some people prefer eating 65 000 tiny meals , some prefer to eat 2 big meals.

if you weight 150lbs and you eat 300g of protein a day then your overdoing it by a long shot. People on roids eat that much protein not regular folks.

What you need to do is figure out your bodyfat % , deduct that from your total body weight. That will give your lean body mass (LBM) , to be on the safe side eat 1.2 -1.5 g of protein per LBM not total body. Fat does not eat protein lol muscles/organs do .

You said you looked around the net for info and u got mixed results. Well this site is all you'll ever need if you wanna learn how to rather then taking peoples opinions .

www.bodyrecomposition.com

it kinda is bs.

Look at it this way , if you eat a big ass steak that gives you 80g of protein , your body will take x amount of time to do what it needs. If you eat 30g it will take less time. Thinking that you need an intake every 2 hours is retarded , thinking that wtv you eat over that 30g will be pissed out is also retarded.

It does not matter when you eat during the day it's how much you eat at the end of the day. Some people prefer eating 65 000 tiny meals , some prefer to eat 2 big meals.

if you weight 150lbs and you eat 300g of protein a day then your overdoing it by a long shot. People on roids eat that much protein not regular folks.

What you need to do is figure out your bodyfat % , deduct that from your total body weight. That will give your lean body mass (LBM) , to be on the safe side eat 1.2 -1.5 g of protein per LBM not total body. Fat does not eat protein lol muscles/organs do .

You said you looked around the net for info and u got mixed results. Well this site is all you'll ever need if you wanna learn how to rather then taking peoples opinions .

www.bodyrecomposition.com

Thx for the info

I did a complete body test and I have 164pounds of lean muscle, im 200pounds

So knowing that is what.. 1.2g per lbm.. 196g of protein

that's a shit load

Back