JDM EVO 1 Track car project - Build Thread (lots of pics) - End of season update p10!

i had a brand new garage thas was 28x34 when i bought my first house, i was only 23. i just worked my ass of 90 hours a week for a while to get it. has nothing to do with your parents sometimes. i agree 100% with what MTV just said.

sick project you got there, sucks you had to get rid of the e46 though.

i had a brand new garage thas was 28x34 when i bought my first house, i was only 23. i just worked my ass of 90 hours a week for a while to get it. has nothing to do with your parents sometimes. i agree 100% with what MTV just said.

Getting rid of the M3 was definitely bitter sweet!

x8

J'ai hâte de voir le résultat ! Les evo 1 sont tellement plaisante à conduire, légère, awd, très bon hp et la transmission gearer super court...
Le meilleur setup de suspension est clairement la koni / gc sleeve. Perd pas ton temps avec des coilovers cheap...

16x9 et 255, crois tu que ça va passé ?

J'ai hâte de voir le résultat ! Les evo 1 sont tellement plaisante à conduire, légère, awd, très bon hp et la transmission gearer super court...
Le meilleur setup de suspension est clairement la koni / gc sleeve. Perd pas ton temps avec des coilovers cheap...

16x9 et 255, crois tu que ça va passé ?

Effectivement. After doing more reading, definitely going to go with the KONI/GC setup

did you get the chance to weight the seats? how were the OEM?

Unfortunately not lol. I was super busy working on the M3 trying to get it sold last week and this weekend, haven't had any time to even touch the EVO. Good news, M3 is sold, and now it's time to focus on the EVO! Expect updates this weekend!

Pat, where/how do you find parts for a car like this? must be a real pain in the ass?

HUGGGE pain in the ass lol. But now I've got a few reliable suppliers, two in the UK and one in Ottawa. Also, the car shares a lot of parts with some DSM models we got here in Canada. Took me a while to figure it out, but I've got it pretty down pat now.

Having said that, that's why I didn't want to rely solely on the EVO as a DD lol.

Bodyshop: Carrosserie Elite, TKO custom/Demers Custom, Volks906 on MR, Retouche Majik, Camo Customs (Lachine), Carrosserie Ferrazza, LL Arts Division Bosse (dents), DBoss (dent repair), Bosse Magique (514-867-2556), Auto finesse (PDR), Auto Majik (PDR and paint), CarrossierMagique, Blanchard Carrosserie (La Prairie)

Taken from my word document.

These are a list of body shops that I've seen do good work, or that I've heard do good work. People that do dent/PDR are marked as so.

Bodyshop: Carrosserie Elite, TKO custom/Demers Custom, Volks906 on MR, Retouche Majik, Camo Customs (Lachine), Carrosserie Ferrazza, LL Arts Division Bosse (dents), DBoss (dent repair), Bosse Magique (514-867-2556), Auto finesse (PDR), Auto Majik (PDR and paint), CarrossierMagique, Blanchard Carrosserie (La Prairie)

Taken from my word document.

These are a list of body shops that I've seen do good work, or that I've heard do good work. People that do dent/PDR are marked as so.

Thanks man. Know a few of these guys. I need to take care of this ASAP. Just bought winter tires this week (Hankook iPike RS w419) so I'm getting the car geared up to battle winter. Need to get this done before the rust starts.

I have the same car. Cool to see your project. :bigup:

I have the GC/Koni setup. Awesome on the track but stiff as hell in real life. It's also super low (even at the highest setting) and the camber plates do not fit correctly without modifications.

Did you take it out on the track yet? Brakes will definitely need serious attention. If you stay with the stock calipers, I highly recommend Carbotech XP10's all around.

I am pretty sure you will have to butcher the fenders and quarter panels to fit 255's.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Good luck!

I have the same car. Cool to see your project. :bigup:

I have the GC/Koni setup. Awesome on the track but stiff as hell in real life. It's also super low (even at the highest setting) and the camber plates do not fit correctly without modifications.

Did you take it out on the track yet? Brakes will definitely need serious attention. If you stay with the stock calipers, I highly recommend Carbotech XP10's all around.

I am pretty sure you will have to butcher the fenders and quarter panels to fit 255's.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Good luck!

Awesome! Nice to see another Evo 123 owner on the boards. Haven't brought the EVO on the track yet, but I susspected that the brakes would need attention. Funny you should mention Carbotech XP10 because my plan was braided lines, XP10's and ATE Super blue. See how that works out, and we'll go from there.

As for the fenders, I was planning on doing serious surgery anyways, so no worries there :)...there will be no going back lol

Good to hear a reveiw on the GC/Koni setup. When i get closer to picking out suspension parts, I'd like to maybe meet up with you and see what your car feels like (as a passenger) if possible. Also, not too worried about being super low, and stiff :). What spring rates are you running?

Also just weighed the Status seats I just picked up and they're 15lbs each :)

Awesome! Nice to see another Evo 123 owner on the boards. Haven't brought the EVO on the track yet, but I susspected that the brakes would need attention. Funny you should mention Carbotech XP10 because my plan was braided lines, XP10's and ATE Super blue. See how that works out, and we'll go from there.

As for the fenders, I was planning on doing serious surgery anyways, so no worries there :)...there will be no going back lol

Good to hear a reveiw on the GC/Koni setup. When i get closer to picking out suspension parts, I'd like to maybe meet up with you and see what your car feels like (as a passenger) if possible. Also, not too worried about being super low, and stiff :). What spring rates are you running?

Also just weighed the Status seats I just picked up and they're 15lbs each :)

You will most likely boil the ATE superblue after a few laps (depends on the track). I am looking into adding cooling ducts for the fronts but there is not much space. Also got Gulf brake fluid but haven't tried it yet.

Running 440 front, 340 rear springs. No problem, let me know when you are shopping for suspension and we'll set this up. I can also give you some alignment specs as a starting point if you want.

Are you going to keep track of the weight you are removing? Curious to see how light they can be.

Agreed. And the only reason I want to use the ATE is because I've got 2 new bottles laying around. Maybe I'll sell them and pick up some RBF 660.

Alignment specs would be great!

As for the weight, I'm planning on documenting everything! The major work on the car and weight savings will come around February when I start doing more work to the car to get it ready for the upcoming lapping season.

You will most likely boil the ATE superblue after a few laps (depends on the track). I am looking into adding cooling ducts for the fronts but there is not much space. Also got Gulf brake fluid but haven't tried it yet.

Running 440 front, 340 rear springs. No problem, let me know when you are shopping for suspension and we'll set this up. I can also give you some alignment specs as a starting point if you want.

Are you going to keep track of the weight you are removing? Curious to see how light they can be.

Last edited:
Back