News: Something fell on the 40 / Henri Bourassa?

Kaimera

Legacy Member
Overhear this but have no details ... anyone in the know with respect to what the fukkkk happened?

thx

Edit: http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/faitsdivers/archives/2014/01/20140113-121935.html

0114-overpass1.jpg

0114-overpass2.jpg

L'autoroute 40 ouest a été complètement fermée à la circulation, lundi midi, après qu'un morceau de béton eut chuté d'un viaduc dans l'ouest de Montréal.

fuken Kebekistan strikes again!!!! POS infrastructure falling apart yet the french police are in full force, glad there were no injuries.
I drive by there at least 3-4 times a day, scary shit

Last edited:
I saw it pretty much happen.The chunk fell off the bridge and landed on an X5. A bunch of other cars got hit with smaller debris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtf... how are we supposed to safely drive here anymore...?

At least it was an X5, you can drop a bridge on that and passengers will be fine.

Dans 100 ans on sera p-e capable de concevoir un morceau de beton qui dure plus que 10 ans.

Quebekistant gonna quebekistant.

Dans 100 ans on sera p-e capable de concevoir un morceau de beton qui dure plus que 10 ans.

Quebekistant gonna quebekistant.

Le probleme ne provient pas nécessairement du beton mais plutot de l'armature d'acier qui rouille (prend de l'expension) et fait éclater le beton.

Il y a des technologies d'armature de pointe qui n'ont pas se probleme mais au Quebec le lobby de l'acier est assez fort donc si on commence a introduire la fibre de carbone dans nos structure Arcelor Mital qui fait vivre la cote-nord va jappé en criss...

lol belle province gèrer en champion ça!

Là on va probablement nous dire que ce ne sont que des pièces esthétiques qui ne sont pas structurelles. BEIN ON PEUT TU ARRÊTER D'EN METTRE!!?? ils tombent sur nos char à chaques semaine!

Good job mon Sylvain et tout tes prédécésseur, viens donc me chier une nouvelle taxe sur le brocoli pour payer pour ça.

Mince, très mince consolation, ça semble pas être un ouvrage neuf... ce n'est plus une surprise que tout ce que s'est construit en béton dans les années 60-70 c'est de la grosse marde.

If we had tolls on all our bridges, this wouldn't be an issue.
If they increased our driver's license and plates by 30$ each sooner, this wouldn't be an issue.
If they increased the general income tax on the population, this wouldn't be an issue.
If they had more construction workers and they all took more time to do their jobs while the CCQ increased their demands, this wouldn't be an issue.
If cars didn't use the roads, this wouldn't be an issue.
If the super-poutre was installed earlier, this wouldn't be an issue.
If Pauline Marois was the première ministre du Québec earlier, this wouldn't be an issue.
If there were less anglos taking the 40 everyday coming from/going to the west island, this wouldn't be an issue.
If everyone used public transportation and bixis to get around, this wouldn't be an issue.

I can go on with hundreds of proven ways this could have all been avoided.

Just seen it on the news it was an X1 lucky it hit the hood and not the roof I think someone would of been dead or really hurt. What happens here does the MTQ pay for the damages or is this paid out by the insurance?

If we had tolls on all our bridges, this wouldn't be an issue.
If they increased our driver's license and plates by 30$ each sooner, this wouldn't be an issue.
If they increased the general income tax on the population, this wouldn't be an issue.
If they had more construction workers and they all took more time to do their jobs while the CCQ increased their demands, this wouldn't be an issue.
If cars didn't use the roads, this wouldn't be an issue.
If the super-poutre was installed earlier, this wouldn't be an issue.
If Pauline Marois was the première ministre du Québec earlier, this wouldn't be an issue.
If there were less anglos taking the 40 everyday coming from/going to the west island, this wouldn't be an issue.
If everyone used public transportation and bixis to get around, this wouldn't be an issue.

I can go on with hundreds of proven ways this could have all been avoided.

If they build shit properly without the mafia, and with climate appropriate materials ... this would not be an issue ... Fucken sad

Le probleme ne provient pas nécessairement du beton mais plutot de l'armature d'acier qui rouille (prend de l'expension) et fait éclater le beton.

Il y a des technologies d'armature de pointe qui n'ont pas se probleme mais au Quebec le lobby de l'acier est assez fort donc si on commence a introduire la fibre de carbone dans nos structure Arcelor Mital qui fait vivre la cote-nord va jappé en criss...

les tiges d'armature sont déjà rouillé quand ils les posent, et c'est pire avec le temps.....

Back