Felino , Quebec-built Race car

For me, the Ginetta G40 is one of the best looking packages ever. Good choice of weapon!

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/aut...blic/48111111358061600x1060.jpg?itok=g1uYk-ci

I'm a sucker for small classically shaped GTs . The Felino should be in that category, but alas... Unlike a lot of you, I don't find it horrible, but I'm a "less-is-more" kinda guy, and the Felino is trying too hard to be too much of everything.
My concerns with a car like the Felino is that cars like that need to be built in the UK .. because there is already a network and supply chain for people building cars in sheds/light industrial units. Quebec and Canada in general is sorta third world with motorsport and odd ball car manufacturing. Can people do it ? Yes but let's face it most suppliers of stuff are an ocean away.

I disagree with the "local market peasant" statement. Montreal area sells a ton of lambos, McLaren's and Porsche GT cars. It's far from peasant but those cars are the sensible choice..

My concerns with a car like the Felino is that cars like that need to be built in the UK .. because there is already a network and supply chain for people building cars in sheds/light industrial units. Quebec and Canada in general is sorta third world with motorsport and odd ball car manufacturing. Can people do it ? Yes but let's face it most suppliers of stuff are an ocean away.

I disagree with the "local market peasant" statement. Montreal area sells a ton of lambos, McLaren's and Porsche GT cars. It's far from peasant but those cars are the sensible choice..

I agree that UK is the hot spot to design, develop and build, however Felino is proving it can be done here. Will it become a long term success, time will tell.
That being said, Montreal is a peasant market compared to the Cali, Miami NY money- not to mention overseas- UAE and all that jazz.

Je vais laisser la chance au coureur, mais c'est quand même drôle de voir des affiches "voiture 100% québécoise" partout, quand le moteur vient de Chevrolet.

Je vais laisser la chance au coureur, mais c'est quand même drôle de voir des affiches "voiture 100% québécoise" partout, quand le moteur vient de Chevrolet.

Combien de produits 100% Quebecois ou "Made in America" ont des sous-assemblages qui viennent de Chine?

Combien de piece dans une Chevrolet sont faite au Mexique? On dit encore que c'est un char Americain...

update from a news feed,

https://www.autosphere.ca/autojourn...9/10/04/felino-cb7r-customizable-exclusivity/

With only ten of these Canadian supercars available for sale, customers can count on having a true one-of-a-kind experience.

A total of only 10 cB7R models will be built for customers who pre-ordered their vehicles. This is the first FELINO model certified for retail sale and for use on public roads. Three prototypes were developed and tested by the independent vehicle manufacturer before arriving at this third-generation product presented in January at the Montreal Auto Show.

“We are proud to produce this high-performance supercar designed and built here in Canada,” says FELINO CEO Antoine Bessette.

100% hand-built

The team of engineers, operating out of the Laval, Quebec production facility, is working hard to develop a custom-built model for each of the 10 buyers. At FELINO, everything is hand-built and assembled. Nothing is automated.

“We design and build most of the components and systems for our vehicles, including suspensions, seating, lighting… while paying strict attention to every detail. For the remaining components, we use the best suppliers in the industry,” Bessette explains, noting that his team has even developed an in-house manufacturing process, including a list of components required to produce its CKM chassis, made of carbon fibre, Kevlar and various metals.

“The list of available options for the cB7R is limitless,” Bessette adds. “We can, for example, cast the seats to fit the contours of the customer’s body. This option results in superior ergonomics and increased integration between car and driver. The cB7R is custom built to suit the customer’s requirements. Whether they wish to drive exclusively on racetracks or use it on public roads, the car will be manufactured accordingly.”

The company builds an average of four to six vehicles per year to satisfy those customers looking for exclusivity. “For the time being, we plan to make a production run of ten vehicles per model. We are committed to remaining in the ‘small production run’ market,” Bessette explains.

The driving position is customized to perfectly fit the owner’s body.

“Affordable” exclusivity

While the base price of the FELINO cB7R is $365,000, depending on options, it can easily climb to over half a million dollars.

“Some people find it expensive, while others don’t, especially when you consider the product’s level of exclusivity. It depends on the type of customer and their specific needs. When we compare our vehicles to other independent manufacturers in this market, it’s not that expensive,” Bessette says, citing brands such as Pagani and Zenvo as examples, since their cars can be priced well over $1 million.

“These are our direct competitors for those looking for exclusivity,” Bessette adds, “but when you only consider the price, we compare ourselves to exotic brands like Lamborghini or Ferrari. We don’t really have any direct competitors.”

Western Canada market

When equipped with the optional normally-aspirated V8 engine, which produces 700 horsepower and 580 lb-ft of torque, and boasts a 0-100 km/h time of 2.9-seconds, you wouldn’t expect the FELINO cB7R to be making too many grocery runs. “You can go to the nearest track or drive it on the highway if you so desire, but that’s not usually what our customers are looking for,” jokes Bessette.

While the cB7R is designed primarily for the track, the car attracts collectors in the market for a high-performance vehicle that offers a truly unique driving experience. FELINO’s customer base is in Western Canada. “There is a huge market for supercars out there. We are trying to sell them here in Quebec, but it’s harder, mainly because of the winter road conditions. Ultimately, we would like to sell vehicles across the globe, but we really need to consolidate our Canadian customer base before branching out.”

Form follows function

Inside the supercar, the sitting position has the driver stretched out horizontally, almost flat on his/her back. “It’s a formula-type race car position,” explains Bessette, who raced cars before launching his own company.

“When you compare it to the current offerings in the market, it really stands out,” adds Sales Director Nicolas Danis-Godard. “The engine also attracts attention since it is normally aspirated. Usually, engines that produce this much power are turbocharged. That is another thing that sets us apart.”

The FELINO experience

The FELINO experience doesn’t stop at the sale. “Many collectors own eight or nine rare vehicles that never leave their parking garages,” Bessette says. “What we want is to encourage customers to drive their cB7R by accompanying them and giving them professional driving tips. For example, we bring those who wish to benefit from these driving tips to the Area 27 racetrack out in British Columbia, a track designed by Jacques Villeneuve.”

In the short term, FELINO plans to release a new model in 2020, the cB7+, available, once again, for only ten buyers. As for long-term plans, could there be an all-electric supercar in the works? “We’re thinking about it,” Bessette admits, “but it won’t be any time soon.”

“Some people find it expensive, while others don’t, especially when you consider the product’s level of exclusivity. It depends on the type of customer and their specific needs. When we compare our vehicles to other independent manufacturers in this market, it’s not that expensive,” Bessette says, citing brands such as Pagani and Zenvo as examples, since their cars can be priced well over $1 million.

“These are our direct competitors for those looking for exclusivity,” Bessette adds, “but when you only consider the price, we compare ourselves to exotic brands like Lamborghini or Ferrari. We don’t really have any direct competitors.”

Siboire c'est tu sérieux ca? Comparé ce kit car a Pagani? Horacio doit avoir les oreilles qui lui sille en Italie.
J'ai rien contre les concepteurs Quebecois qui essais de faire des voitures sports et de les vendre a gros prix mais...know your place.

Siboire c'est tu sérieux ca? Comparé ce kit car a Pagani? Horacio doit avoir les oreilles qui lui sille en Italie.
J'ai rien contre les concepteurs Quebecois qui essais de faire des voitures sports et de les vendre a gros prix mais...know your place.

C'est pas vraiment ça qu'il dit. Il dit que la Felino est aussi exclusive qu'une Pagani sans devoir payer le même prix. Dans un sens, c'est vrai. Moi aussi je peux me monter une voiture artisanale et prétendre que c'est encore plus exclusif qu'une Felino car elle est unique. On s'entend que c'est ridicule car l'exclusivité c'est très subjectif et c'est aucunement un gage de valeur/qualité/performance.

La voiture va valoir ce que les gens seront prêt à payer pour.

Tant mieux s'ils les vendent les 10 pour 300k$ US. On verra ensuite à la revente le prix que d'autres personnes seront prêt à payer pour car s'il n'y avait que ~10 bozo prêt à payer ce prix, à la revente ça va valoir le prix d'une kit-car avec un LS dedans.

Not to shit on anyone's business, but I would be curious to know what's financing this operation.
8+ years in business with at least 6 highly trained employees according to linkedin (one of them being ex-renault F1 head mechanic)
Business owners will know: a full time employee costs a company AT LEAST 40k/year.
Then there's general laborers, welders, painters, etc etc. Or everything is outsourced, which isn't free either.

Having said all of that, a company that's been running for all these years without income... Where's the catch?

who said they are running full time?

My guess is they must all have shares and spend some of their time on this project, but have a side job to live.

who said they are running full time?

My guess is they must all have shares and spend some of their time on this project, but have a side job to live.
My guess too.

Let's be real guys, props to them for actually building 10 cars instead failing like so many others did, let's support that!

C'est pas vraiment ça qu'il dit. Il dit que la Felino est aussi exclusive qu'une Pagani sans devoir payer le même prix. Dans un sens, c'est vrai. Moi aussi je peux me monter une voiture artisanale et prétendre que c'est encore plus exclusif qu'une Felino car elle est unique. On s'entend que c'est ridicule car l'exclusivité c'est très subjectif et c'est aucunement un gage de valeur/qualité/performance.

When we compare our vehicles to other independent manufacturers in this market, it’s not that expensive,” Bessette says, citing brands such as Pagani

Bien je sais pas mais moi je trouve que c'est une comparaison direct pour justifié le ''bas'' prix,il sous entend que c'est pas cher comparé a une Pagani. Mais on sait tres bien qu'une Pagani est a des année lumiere de cette voiture....

Bien je sais pas mais moi je trouve que c'est une comparaison direct pour justifié le ''bas'' prix,il sous entend que c'est pas cher comparé a une Pagani. Mais on sait tres bien qu'une Pagani est a des année lumiere de cette voiture....

on peut faire pas mal la même chose que Réjean et son gros kit fiberglass Monte Carlo. "1 de 1, véhicule unique, plus rare qu'une Bugatti Veyron et 1/1000 du prix"

oui, je félicite tout Canadien entrepreneur capable de concevoir, bâtir et vendre un char comme ça (je ne peux pas dire autant pour moi-même!)

...mais...ishh c'est sûr que ça va garder son exclusivité, comme une Murano convertible.

1.png

Back