Automotive oddities/ Autos étranges

Hahaha, je pense que le Helica ne passerait pas les tests de collisions piétons de transport Canada!

1967 Lamborghini Marzal concept by Bertone
sketch

finished product

production model: the Espada, the 1st 4-seater Lambo

BONUS: late 60s Bertone proto collection:

Another: 1933 Dymaxion. Built by Buckminster FUller, the same guy that designed the American Pavillion at Expo 67, i.e., the big Ball on Ste-Helene Island.

tumblr_m67eyuEqdp1rz38fao1_1280.jpg

dymaxion-car-at-salon-prive-1.jpg

1950 Nash Statesman 2-door sedan. That is not a custom, this is how it left the factory...

nash-00001-1.jpg

nash-00001-2.jpg

48966_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Fucked if I know how to change a flat tyre on that thing... But what else to expect from a company that built appliances!

While we are talking about Nash-Kelvinator, here is another one, the Metropolitan:

0_metro6.JPG

It basically a Bizarro Cobra: square, ugly, slow, american heavy body with anemic British Drivetrain...

And you thought Bob Parr's car was fictitious! :p

Last edited:
C'est incroyable comme la Quasar à bien vieillie, 30 ans plus tard.

Avec seulement des roues plus modernes, elle aurait l'air d'un concept récent. ( extérieurement je veux dire)

Allan; c'est vrai, bon sens de l'observation..

Et wow, la Toronado est laide rare. C'est quoi l'histoire de cette fausse-couche la?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_Toronado

The 67 X (also Toronado 67X, Esso 67X, Toronado 70-X or 70 X) is a Canadian-built automobile, based on the Toronado, that was designed and manufactured by automobile customizer George Barris for Canada's Expo 67, where they were raffled off in a contest sponsored by Esso. Only four of these vehicles were ever made but they included swiveling seats, a sofa, and even a refrigeration unit, with an overall sleek-looking design. Commercials for this vehicle were aired in the Stanley Cup Playoffs final game between the Montreal Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs.[11]

1989 Sbarro Osmos with hubless wheels, a project Franco Sbarro applied throughout the 80s & early 90s to cars & motorcycles

And his Uber-fail '78 Cadillac TAG function car

Zender Fact 4: Pas vraiment étrange, juste méconnue. Dommage, elle avait de la gueule dans le temps!

1989_Zender_Fact_4_04.jpg

1989_Zender_Fact_4_03.jpg

zen6.jpg

haha un gars que je connait a ces roues la (zender star) sur son jetta et je ne savait pas que zender avait fait une voiture, t'as des specs?

I have several Zender Fact 4 Hot wheel cars in my vintage collection.

Ninja EDIT : in fact, when you search google for Zender fact 4, most of what comes out are links to the Hot wheels car.

125.jpg

Back