Pant shitting action hillclimb (In Poland GSMP 2013)

37609845.jpg

So hypothetically speaking what would be needed for a mtl or around mtl HC ?
Permits ?

Permits is what would kill the budget.

Imagine how many cops to block roads, how much security to control the crowds. Detours etc etc etc, retarded insurance policies because in Canada it's never anyone's fault.

The worse part is that all those movements against ''driving/speeding/cars'' would be against it, all the hippies would be against it, there would probably be riots of red squares going against it... And the mayor would probably implement a ban on it for 60 years.

IMO it would take a private investor fund, so that there is enough money to pay for it, shove that money into the city's face so they can't say shit, have sex with the president/minister of Tourism Montreal/QC and get all the BIGGEST racing names who speak french to endorse it ;)

A few years ago, Red Bull planned on having an air race over the St-Laurence river between Quebec and Levis. Red Bull would have taken care of all the expenses, except security. The city would have had to pay for that. The cost was over $200K for security alone.

An event of high caliber in Montreal, you are looking at several miilions of dollars (total! Not just security!!). Because you will not want to have just the local guys, you will have to fly in some top Berg Cup guys ( like they did for the ice races in Sherbrooke). None of these guys will come for free, I garantee you that. Then you have to pay for gaurdrails, publicity, TV coverage, timing gear and a million other things nobody thinks about when you see a race.

Not impossible, but damn unlikely.

start small and make it bigger, and you do it out of montreal. I am pretty sure Saint-Sauveur would welcome the event with their arms open because it will bring a lot of tourists and they need that to survive.

I am pretty sure you can do a hill climb event somewhere in the mont saint-sauveur valley. you invite a bunch of series/class to participate. even maybe a street legal class? you can also use a small section to do a drift/touge event. Get someone to do a TV show with it and boom you have good media coverage and i am sure the spectators will come because it's not to far from Montreal. I know the cars won't be as awesome then in Europe but I still think it could turn out to be a really cool event

people that goes to their chalet there will have the event shut down at the first 30 mins... people from Nuns Island are bitching about the F1, imaging Touge in their "peaceful" retreat.

.....but yes, i would like to participate in a tarmac hill climb locally

Le pire est qu'il y a déjà eu du rallye WRC avec les plus grands noms à Montréal avec le critérium. Avec un nom de stage comme SS ile des soeurs, je ne peux que conclure qu'il y avait un stage là (trop jeune pour l'avoir connu) http://www.juwra.com/quebec_1977.html

Il ne semble malheureusement pas y avoir grand photos en ligne en ville, mais allez voir la liste des participants et les vitesses moyennes. C'est pas mal rapide même aujourd'hui.

J'aime la sécurité pour les spectateurs de l'époque.

63rda8.jpg

I am very well conscious of the costs as I had mentionned earlier.

The aspect of making it possible was on a broadcasting basis only.
The 500 000$ for the city to stfu and dish out the permits to do it is an approximation. I do realize how much man power is needed to create such a course in the city as it needs to be prepared at night i.e.: on a friday after midnight for it to be ready for a racing Saturday and needs to be dismantled as soon as the event ends to diminish any negative effects on detours/traffic etc etc etc.

I'm sure a lot of big names would show up just for their own publicity (without the organization paying them, some would but...) as such an event would attract a LOT of people. When have you last heard of a rally/hillclimb event in North America? (please don't Pike's Peak my ass)

Such an event could bring A LOT of exposure to local shops, tuners, importers hell even dealers like Holland, L.A., Claireview, AutoLuxe, bring out the Fiat Club, Porsche Club, Volvo Club, BMW Club etc etc etc. Would be awesome.

The more I think of it, the more im coming to realization that our city NEEDS something like this to happen.

#bambaclats

Marek, il y en a (eu) des rally avec des stage en ville, mais c'était souvent des villes ou village en région. J'ai déjà participé aux rally de Québec, Charlevoix où il y avait des stages en ville sur l'asphalte. Vraiment cool comme feeling. Évidemment le gros des stages du rally étaient à l'extérieur de la ville d'où l'éloignement des grandes villes afin d'avoir accès au routes en gravier.

Mais pour faire un hillclimb où il n'y a qu'un seul stage, il fut qu'il soit assez long j'imagine. Bonjour le casse-tête logisitique!

Avec les coûts sans cesse grandissants (fuel, hébergement, etc), je voit difficilement des courreurs venir sans bourses significatives, du moins ceux qui viendraient de loin. Risquer de briser sa voiture pour un seul évènement s'ils sont inscrits dans un championnat de leur discipline, n'est pas évident.

Avec les coûts sans cesse grandissants (fuel, hébergement, etc), je voit difficilement des courreurs venir sans bourses significatives, du moins ceux qui viendraient de loin. Risquer de briser sa voiture pour un seul évènement s'ils sont inscrits dans un championnat de leur discipline, n'est pas évident.

Mon cousin (Marek également) course dans Rally Of America http://www.map-rally.com/home/
crois moi, tout sort de sa propre poche, bourse seulement lorsqu'il gagne, un peu de pain par ci par là de la part d'un sponsor à l'occas', s'il gagne ou se place en bonne position il gagne un peu de cash.

Back