Lexus IS300 seat wire harness

browntown

Hey everyone, i have a 2003 IS300 sport design, this edition came with sportcloth oem seats (non electric) and i recently bought a set of leather/suede seats from a 2001. they are not heated they are just electric. my problem is that the wire harness in my car is different than the one that was used in the car i took the leather seats from. the yellow airbag wire and harness is the exact same so that is not a problem. but my car has 2 other plugs coming out of the floor, one for the seatbelt sensor and the other one is not used. i assume the unused plug is for the model that came with leathers. the car from which i took the leather seats, is a 2001, this cars wire harness coming out of the floor only has one plug for everything (plus the airbag plug, but that one should be plug and play with my current harness). all of this to say my issue is that i dont know if its possible or not, to cut my wire harness and rewire to the harness for the leather seats. has anyone done anything like this or have any recommendations? if it doesnt work with my system i will probably end up running a new wire right to the battery but id like to see if there is another way first. i will post pictures as soon as i can of the different plugs and wires.

check on my.IS for the complete wire harness. The 2001-2002 have different harnesses than the 2003-2005's.

Back