How much did you spend on your wife's engagement ring?

3-months salary seems insane. I'm admitting to myself that I"m starting to save now for a ring. I don't intend to spend any more than 1-2k on it, and a creative, meaningful way to present it. Truth be told, I think the notion of standing up in front of the world to voice how you will treasure your woman is far more indicative of your intentions than how much money you spent on a ring. To hear the guy call anything less than xx amount of $$ "an insult" is completely absurd.

1.2 carat in platinum...vvs2 and near colorless...let's say the cts-v has just been postponed a bit LOL...

call me crazy but i think 2k something your wife will wear on her finger for her entire life is an insult regardless of salary. My budgeted amount may be high, but is actually less than the approximate amount ive spend on mods for a car

I realize that I may be over paying for something but im not buying a ring to ''get my money's worth'' its only to give her something she truly wants (if your gf doesn't fantasize about rings all day long then your safe)

She knew I was a watch fan and spent 3.5k on an Oris for my bday that ive always wanted, in her eyes it was obviously not worth that much money considering it has little resale value and looks no different from a 100$ Nixon

I really didnt want to spend that much. ended up spending around 5K on a solitaire with Canadian diamond including both our wedding bands. I went to a wholesaler called Ecksand in Montreal. Ask for Erica she designed the ring from scratch for us apparently she is very well respected in her field and the whole ensemble is made in Montreal. My fiance was doign backflips when she got the ring so that made me happy.

I highly recommend Erica from Ecksand

Hopefully nothing.

It's not the 1700s anymore I'm not gonna spend thousands on a fucking transparent rock, and then spend even more thousands just to step foot in a pedochurch when I could use that money to buy a classic car and drive it down the road with a smile on my face.

No thanks, life is way too short to throw your money away at rings and jesus to show other people how much you're in love.

If the GF is not happy with that, the door's right over there.

Thankfully, she knew what she was getting into when she asked me out and it hasn't changed since.

The best part with birks is that the ring will always be worth what u paid it (even if u trade it in), and ur sure its real!!!

Bluenile has the same thing.

If you trade up for twice the price you get you full refund of first diamond.

So you can buy $5k first diamond and when you trade in for a $10k+ one they take back the first one at full price.

Kinda nice if you plan in upgrading... Not my case as I will spend my max the first time...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rien pis jamais . Je suis pas intéressé a me marier sa sert a rien

Nous on ne se marie pas c'est 100% assuré....

Mais on va être fiancés à vie.

Mon père est seulement fiancé depuis 30 ans avec sa conjointe actuelle...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I realize that I may be over paying for something but im not buying a ring to ''get my money's worth'' its only to give her something she truly wants (if your gf doesn't fantasize about rings all day long then your safe)

She knew I was a watch fan and spent 3.5k on an Oris for my bday that ive always wanted, in her eyes it was obviously not worth that much money considering it has little resale value and looks no different from a 100$ Nixon

I understand the way you think don't worry!

It's funny because i always said she could have whatever ring she wants as long as I get my watch lol

Moi, je suis bien heureuse avec ma bague qui a coûté pas cher.....le pire, mes diamants brillent plus que ceux de ma patronne (qui l'a eu après moi) et qui vaut genre 8000$......

Moi je l'ai choisi, mais même si je l'avais pas choisi et qu'il serait arrivé avec une bague simple, ça aurait rien changé...

Et si j'avais eu une bague à 5000$? Bha je la montrerais pas plus et je dirais pas plus son prix....

a1ce5656f6e95cf3343f17a259565fbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to make one. I have a tiny bit of gold I wanted to melt down and make a wax mould, but then I started realizing it was a lot harder (one of my friends made his) I'm talking about the ring only, not the setting.

however, I saw a link to some guys site in vancouver, I used to be a 3d modeller, and he designs 3d printed rings in gold/platnium/whatever, some interesting designs, but I'd like to model one, have him verify it's integrity, then have him make it. his prices dont seem bad at all. my Project manager has told me I should spend no less than 15k on the ring, but I don't want to spend more than 3, and put the rest towards the damn house I've been putting off!

J'ai payé la bague 18karat avec un Diamant de provenant de la Suisse pour la modique somme de 600 euros à Florence en Italie

Je lui ai demandé de m'épouser en Toscane dans une Auberge campagnarde. Elle a pleuré de bonheur sa vie et elle ne voulait même pas de bague...

Lol avec vos bagues à 10k...

Moi, je suis bien heureuse avec ma bague qui a coûté pas cher.....le pire, mes diamants brillent plus que ceux de ma patronne (qui l'a eu après moi) et qui vaut genre 8000$......

Moi je l'ai choisi, mais même si je l'avais pas choisi et qu'il serait arrivé avec une bague simple, ça aurait rien changé...

Et si j'avais eu une bague à 5000$? Bha je la montrerais pas plus et je dirais pas plus son prix....

a1ce5656f6e95cf3343f17a259565fbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tu as les mains ridées.

Si j'arrive à ma blonde avec une bague qui coûte cher elle va surement me dire que je suis imbécile d'avoir dépensé autant sur un anneau qui sert à rien. :)

More money for car parts!!! :D

pour faire ma demande, j'ai attendu que le gazon soit crissement long au point que la madame commence a être en crisse. Pendant qu'elle étais partie magasiner j'ai ecrit dans le gazon avec la tondeuse: Marie Moi

Redneck style

Back