Ultraride 2014? Est qu il va y en avoir un?

J'ai parler a Kosta et il veut le faire mais il a besoin d'un push de nous autres. Est ce qu'il a y a une demande pour ce type d'événement?

The days of everyone meeting for free in a shopping mall parking lot are gone I think. Last year Carrefour Angringon tried to sue the UR after the ride lol. They didn't like the fact that the UR put 1500 cars in their parking lot without insurance.

Then there is the destination. It's hard to find a place to receive 1500 cars for any reasonable cost. Then you need to figure out what to do when they get there? A bbq? a show?

To avert all of this I think the best way to go about it is to break the UR up into regions and then have them all converge at a racetrack. I have ICAR on hold for that day but I need to decide soon. Obviously there will be a cost to get in (say $15) but we can put on a decent show with vendors and have a massive bbq as well. We can do online voting for the favorite cars at the show or something and give out prizes. It will basically be a big celebration encompassing the entire scene.

I figure I would designate a UR "Leader" to host each meet point. The leader will be responsible for passing out ride stickers to all the cars at the following locations.

Future Shop Vaudreuil
Fairview Pointe Claire
10-30
Promendaes St-Bruno
Galleries d'Anjou
Place Vertu
Walmart St-Dorothé
Carrefour Laval

The starting meets would be short (from 9:00-9:30). I figure maybe there would be 100 cars at each location which is really not to bad. Less clutter, less accidents, less risk of getting kicked out. If people want to skip the ride altogether and go straight to ICAR, stickers would be handed out there too. What do you guys think? Would you go?

Tentative date Oct 5. Was going to be Sept 14 but Kosta was not available.

J'ai parler a Kosta et il veut le faire mais il a besoin d'un push de nous autres. Est ce qu'il a y a une demande pour ce type d'événement?

The days of everyone meeting for free in a shopping mall parking lot are gone I think. Last year Carrefour Angringon tried to sue the UR after the ride lol. They didn't like the fact that the UR put 1500 cars in their parking lot without insurance.

Then there is the destination. It's hard to find a place to receive 1500 cars for any reasonable cost. Then you need to figure out what to do when they get there? A bbq? a show?

To avert all of this I think the best way to go about it is to break the UR up into regions and then have them all converge at a racetrack. I have ICAR on hold for that day but I need to decide soon. Obviously there will be a cost to get in (say $15) but we can put on a decent show with vendors and have a massive bbq as well. We can do online voting for the favorite cars at the show or something and give out prizes. It will basically be a big celebration encompassing the entire scene.

I figure I would designate a UR "Leader" to host each meet point. The leader will be responsible for passing out ride stickers to all the cars at the following locations.

Future Shop Vaudreuil
Fairview Pointe Claire
10-30
Promendaes St-Bruno
Galleries d'Anjou
Place Vertu
Walmart St-Dorothé
Carrefour Laval

The starting meets would be short (from 9:00-9:30). I figure maybe there would be 100 cars at each location which is really not to bad. Less clutter, less accidents, less risk of getting kicked out. If people want to skip the ride altogether and go straight to ICAR, stickers would be handed out there too. What do you guys think? Would you go?

This would be perfect, i would go 100%. Big bbq/show at icar

ok but wait , the main reason of ultra ride was to ride together no ? ICAR is not locate in mirabel ? so we talking about 15 min ride and then pay 15$ to get in and watch vendors with all type of stuff that no one buy ? is that correct ? at least do a great 2h ride and then icar bbq .

ok but wait , the main reason of ultra ride was to ride together no ? ICAR is not locate in mirabel ? so we talking about 15 min ride and then pay 15$ to get in and watch vendors with all type of stuff that no one buy ? is that correct ? at least do a great 2h ride and then icar bbq .
ICAR via Hawkesbury then for west islanders :) Take the 40 / 417 to Hawksbury, cross the river back into Qc, then take the 50 to ICAR.

ICAR via Hawkesbury then for west islanders :) Take the 40 / 417 to Hawksbury, cross the river back into Qc, then take the 50 to ICAR.

That but take the 327 North to Tremblant and back down the 15 to icar, it is a "Ride" after all..

x1000 about making groups, antything more than 100 cars is insanity (even 100 is already too much)

+1 pour les mini-meets et départs avec les stickers.

Mais ça prend une vraie ride pas juste se rendre à iCar...

L'avantage c'est que les leaders pourraient faire partir les chars par batch de 15 mettons et une batch aux 10 minutes... De meme pas trop de tapon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+1 pour les mini-meets et départs avec les stickers.

Mais ça prend une vraie ride pas juste se rendre à iCar...

L'avantage c'est que les leaders pourraient faire partir les chars par batch de 15 mettons et une batch aux 10 minutes... De meme pas trop de tapon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
C est une bonne idée de faire partir le monde en batch. L année passe ça m avais pris 45minutes pour sortir du pont Champlain.

Future Shop Vaudreuil
Fairview Pointe Claire
10-30
Promendaes St-Bruno
Galleries d'Anjou
Place Vertu
Walmart St-Dorothé
Carrefour Laval

Je peux m'arranger pour être disponible a aider pour le 10-30.

Serais bien un nouveau itinéraire ... Tout le monde fait des ridé jusqu'à mont tremblant ...c'est pas comme si las bas sa change a chaque année

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Serais bien un nouveau itinéraire ... Tout le monde fait des ridé jusqu'à mont tremblant ...c'est pas comme si las bas sa change a chaque année

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

C'était une ride au Mont-Orford l'année passée.

basically UR is dead, its been a complete mess the last couple of years and it will never be what it was in the beginning

So people like the idea of renting ICAR for an end location and they like the idea of splitting the rides but what you want is a longer ride up north and then back down to ICAR?

That could work! Problem is I don't want to shell out thousands of dollars to rent the track and then have nobody show up if its raining or something. It's risky. I'll talk to Kosta.

Splitting the meet is perfect. You can't see more than 20 cars ahead of you and 20 cars in back of you while driving anyways. Wheather there are 1000 cars or 100 cars doesn't make a difference for the cruise part except that it's more chance of an accident/traffic.

Just note that they are planning complete closure of the Pont Champlain on the Oct 5th weekend.

BUT, if you guys take the 30 and come back from Hawkesbury to take the 50, it wouldn't be an issue.

Back