Hydro-Quebec - Smart Meters are a Cash Grab!

N'empeche que je connais du monde qui font 120k par an pour se pogner le cul qui travaille pour l'hydro...

The only reason why SOME of you have seen such an increase in electricity bills last year is because you got the new meter just before a winter that has been particularly cold for a particularly long time. You would have had the same bills with the old meter.

This subject has been debated and debuked twice here on the forum already. They way they bill electricity is exactly the same way as they would with the old meter. The ONLY difference in the method of gathering the info. (wireless vs man)

J'me suis fait une cage dessus le mien for the lol.
Le releveur de compteur à trouver sa drôle et ma donner un flyer, l'installateur lui a fait de l'attitude et ma ensuite donner le même flyer...

Still rocking the vieu meter crew

fuck these assholes

I told them to speak to the landlord if they wanted to change the meter since its not my building, two phone calls, two different subcontractors

I get this guy that comes in and wants to change my meter, I told him to contact the the other two subcontractors ... to whom I told them to also contact hydro quebec since I took an arrangement with them

which I obviously didn't

the last call I got they started insulting me and told me that I'd need to pay 230 If I refused... guess what... I told him to call the last guy that came in to my house to whom I took an arrangement with...

well... what arrangement? it's in my ' dossier ' ( lol )

been 5 months, no news, and my hydro bill went down and... still rocking the vieu meter

fuck you hydro

éventuellement , ça va coûter plus cher ! voici l'exemple

présentement , chaque jour HQ vend au particulier les 30 premier KWH a 0,05x$ le KWH , dépassé le 30 KWH , le tarif tombe a 0.08x$ le KWH
donc présentement HQ ne regarde pas le KWH au quotidien
mais dans un avenir rapproché , HQ va regarder au quotidien la consommation de courant et mettons que Bob dans son bungalow consomme les premiers 15 jours du mois de septembre une moyenne de 20 KWH et que les 15 derniers jours il en consomme 40 KWH par jour

la Bob va avoir une différence sur sa facture quand HQ va utiliser le calcul quotidien

15 jours x 20KWH x 0.05x$ = 15 $
15 jours x 30KWH x 0.05x$ = 22.5$ + 15 jours x 10 KWH x 0.08x$ = 12$ grand total de 49.50$
nombre total de KWH consommé durant le mois 900 KWH

méthode actuel

nombre total de KWH pour le mois = 900 KWH

30 jours x 30KWH x 0,05x$ = 45$

c'est surtout les mois d'avril-mai-juin-juillet-septembre ou ça peut faire une différence pour une maison

The only reason why SOME of you have seen such an increase in electricity bills last year is because you got the new meter just before a winter that has been particularly cold for a particularly long time. You would have had the same bills with the old meter.

This subject has been debated and debuked twice here on the forum already. They way they bill electricity is exactly the same way as they would with the old meter. The ONLY difference in the method of gathering the info. (wireless vs man)

Nope. Read up on the technology.
Digital can measure the spikes from all your appliances turning on. Old meter didn't.
expect 5-7% increase.

Nope. Read up on the technology.
Digital can measure the spikes from all your appliances turning on. Old meter didn't.
expect 5-7% increase.

It doesn't change the way they bill the electricity. The new meter might give them tools for an increase in the future but right now, there is no difference between both meters. You are still paying 5,57 ¢/kWh for the first 30 and the rest is 8,26 ¢/kWh AND it is counted in the same way as the old meter, meaning that they make an average on 30 days so that the days you might use less than 30kwh make up for the other days you use more than 30kwh.

Alot of people beleived they were billed each days instead of the old method but that is just not the case. Also it happens we had 2 incredibly cold and long winters so it didn't helped the bills of everyone.

Now I agree that the new meter will give them more option to increase rates but don't kid yourself, old meter or not, everyone is going to get it up their asses. They will just increase the fees related to keeping your old meter.

Last edited:
I still have the old one in my garage and they don't come to check it. Every 2months they take a reading through bell so what cost is it ? 98+206$ supposedly. They are not physically coming to my house, their checking from behind their desk.

You can calculate it as in you also have knowledge in such things?

yup

I just made up a rough system of equations, would need price of solar panels, specs and installation costs, your yearly electricity cost.

There are lots of approximations though, like average output of the solar panel per unit area. One of the manufacturers I looked at actually specifies it as a coefficient based on location (ie more or less clouds in a given location in the world)

Then position of your house roof and where your panels would be most normal to in a plane (east/west) etc

Back