new Lexus IS: am i the only one?

Dubweiser

My reaction when I saw the new Lexus IS for the first time:

20-do-not-want.jpg

My face when I see the new IS now:

I don't know why, but damn in person its just soooooo sexy

lexus-is-f-sport-on-vossen-rims-makes-you-drool-78601-7.jpg

Meh, manuals are cool if you're 16 and shopping for an Acura RSX.

I'll take the silky smooth auto in the IS plz.

Manuel va toujours être cool si tu aimes conduire manuel. Le monde qui aiment pas conduire manuel ou qui on juste été trop paresseux pour apprendre on maintenant des excuses pour vanter les boîtes automatique car c'est vrai qu'elles sont plus performante. Mais pour moi la conduites manuel est de loin plus agréable et immersive que gas, brake. C'est une question de goût autant qu'il y a des amateurs de chars qui vont préférer une mustang 79 à une 2014.

Moi j'aime bien le look des nouvelles IS. Ils sont effectivement plus belles en vrais qu'en photos.

Manuel va toujours être cool si tu aimes conduire manuel. Le monde qui aiment pas conduire manuel ou qui on juste été trop paresseux pour apprendre on maintenant des excuses pour vanter les boîtes automatique car c'est vrai qu'elles sont plus performante. Mais pour moi la conduites manuel est de loin plus agréable et immersive que gas, brake. C'est une question de goût autant qu'il y a des amateurs de chars qui vont préférer une mustang 79 à une 2014.

Pourquoi tous les nouveaux threads tournent en débat manuel vs automatique ces jours-ci? Suis-je le seul qui ce contre-calisse des préférences de transmission des autres?

I liked it when it came out although I was a bit confused by the front end. Been loving it more and more since it came out. IS350 F-Sport in that electric blue for me thanks.

Oh, and they're being very aggressive with leasing also, it's really not THAT expensive.

I loved it right off the bat, it is a stunning car. I like the previous gen, but this was just a massive improvement in every way. The fact that it's sportier than the outgoing model was a bonus.

And the icing on the cake for me:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/road-tests/the-comparison-65-3-roa1013-4

"If you expected the BMW to run away and hide with this one, or for newly resurgent Cadillac to pull an end run to the top, we don't blame you. But, hey, surprise! The best sport sedan here is a Luh ... a Lech ... a Lexus.
Yet here we are, and here's where the comparisons stop. While everyone else was busy benchmarking and chasing the Germans, Lexus seems to have gone and done its own, very good thing."

"The IS 350 F Sport isn't much like a Lexus, at least not how we know them. The way it shrinks at speed until it's just you, a great engine, and that big tach isn't what we've come to expect. Or maybe this is just what happens when Lexus turns its focus from softness and luxury to competent speed. Either way, we're happy. And impressed."

Same as me OP

Maintenant quand j'en vois une je vais la regarder jusqu'a temp que je la perd dans le traffic

le derriere est sick, mais le devant non merci

pis effectivement, si ca se fait pas manuel, ca sera pas dans ma liste de futur char de toute facon

I love the new IS but my problem is the 250 engine sucks

Yes everyone talks about the 350, but I dont need that much power or that engine size for my daily needs

this leaves Audi/Bmw/Mercedes with their 2.0T engines ahead of Lexus for me

If the IS250 had a 2.0T with 240-250HP... then I'd be all over it as my next car.... the current 250 engine is just BOOOORRRINGGGG

Ever since it came out I was drooling every time I would see one. I was lurking clublexus forums the other day and and fell in love all over again.
Springs and wheels make this car the sexiest small sedan on the road. Definitly on my to buy list once the price drops down a bit.

BMW and Merc is one thing, but driving in a silk smooth lexus is definitly another. I miss mine.
For those who would preffered the manual, trust me you are not missing on anything. My 2is 6mt was a big pile of junk. They definitly didn't put any effort in it and I'm glad it didn't carry over to the new one.
Now if they can only put their new 4cyl turbo engine in one of those, it would become a clear winner.

t8noep.jpg

kamgi0.jpg

I like it. Kinda sucks the only have the RC-F for the new gen. Woulda been nice to see a 2nd gen IS-F...not just an IS350 F-Sport

I love the new IS but my problem is the 250 engine sucks

Yes everyone talks about the 350, but I dont need that much power or that engine size for my daily needs

this leaves Audi/Bmw/Mercedes with their 2.0T engines ahead of Lexus for me

If the IS250 had a 2.0T with 240-250HP... then I'd be all over it as my next car.... the current 250 engine is just BOOOORRRINGGGG

A 2.0T engine will replace the 2.5 V6 in 2016

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/05/27/lexus-200t-trademarked-australia-europe/

same engine as the new NX200t

Back