Bike for noob

Si tout va bien je vais la chercher ce soir.

Il faut que je me trouve un accompagnateur car le monsieur avec qui je roule normalement n'est pas disponible. :(

Congrats. Combien as-tu payé pour?

Je t'accompagnerais bien je fous rien mais Rigaud c'est un poil loin...

Thanks for the good info in this thread everyone. I'm planning to take courses within the month, and I'm already looking forward to it, that I'm searching for bikes on Kijiji... I'm a long way from riding on my own, and I'm glad to read all this advice!

Just a quick question, 125cc aren't allowed on the highways, aren't they?

I work 15-20km from work, and I'll mainly ride off the high-ways. I'm planning to get a 250-300, but I have friends with bigger bikes. I thought maybe getting an older 600+, and buying a 125cc like a Honda Grom as a daily. I can't find anywhere that says that a 125cc isn't allowed on the highway, but one of my friends highly advised me not to do it, fearing my own safety, lol.

125 and less aren't allowed on highway.

you see a couple of them doing it.(they can reach 110 maybe), but still illegal as per the CSR.

why 2 bike? it's not like the grom at highway speed is that much cheaper on gaz then a 250-300 or even 600.

125 and less aren't allowed on highway.

you see a couple of them doing it.(they can reach 110 maybe), but still illegal as per the CSR.

why 2 bike? it's not like the grom at highway speed is that much cheaper on gaz then a 250-300 or even 600.

I'm a big fan of the old "cafe racer" style, and would like to try and build one of my own. I would want a reliable daily, then one old bike I could buy for cheaper, and build myself.

To be honest, the more I look into bikes, the more I would want a Suzuki TU250 as a first bike. 2013+ and the style that I'm looking for. I'm afraid that the 250cc would be too little for the times I want to ride with my friends with a 500+ bike.

A TU250 sure isn't a powerful bike...but pretty is relax to ride.

cafe racer: buy one already made and change a couple of thing to have it to your taste...gonna cost you wayyy cheaper...and no need to scrap another classic (unless it's a shadow or virago...ahahah)

If you really want a cafe bike, look for a cb350. Parts are everywhere, and they're very cheap. Not really interstate cruisers, but small 2-3 lane highways are fine at 110.

Problem is that the Yamaha SR400 is the same price as a Honda CBR500. It's cool that it's an exact replica of the older Yamaha's, but the price shouldn't be that of an actual 2015 Bike.

In that case, I'd get a Sym Wolf at around $3000 as a replica CB for a "reliable daily" since I don't need to drive on the highways for work, and build an old 400+.

$4000 gets me a TU250x, and I can roll on highways when needed. My only gripe is riding with friends who have larger engines.

A TU250 sure isn't a powerful bike...but pretty is relax to ride.

cafe racer: buy one already made and change a couple of thing to have it to your taste...gonna cost you wayyy cheaper...and no need to scrap another classic (unless it's a shadow or virago...ahahah)

My only issue with that is I'm paying $3000+ for a rebuilt vehicle from the 70s-80s, with no real warranty. I'll have to look into local shops, and the quality of their work. I can buy a brand new "same style" bike for a few hundred more (but obviously not custom). Or I can buy an old scrap bike, and build it myself, and learn about the mechanics on my own.

Found this little shitter. Guy claims it starts with crank. I asked him if it smoked when it ran, and if it would start when I go see it tomorrow. He stopped replying.

Can a little thing like this be easily put back on the road? Or should I just wait and find something that's already running. I would love a 125-250cc as a daily for small distances. Then a bigger bike for longer rides with friends.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_05_at_2_20_38_AM.png

Petite question de noob...

J'ai magasiné un bike neuf hier. Ayant eu des voitures neuves je comprends les frais de transport et préparation. Mais c'est normal qu'on veuille me charger 200$ pour "ouverture de dossier"???

Jamais entendu parler de frais d'ouverture de dossier chez un concessionnaire automobile...

I'm a big fan of the old "cafe racer" style, and would like to try and build one of my own. I would want a reliable daily, then one old bike I could buy for cheaper, and build myself.

To be honest, the more I look into bikes, the more I would want a Suzuki TU250 as a first bike. 2013+ and the style that I'm looking for. I'm afraid that the 250cc would be too little for the times I want to ride with my friends with a 500+ bike.

All these cafe bikes that you see are still at the heart of them 40 yr old bikes with 40yr old problems and fixes. Also it's not like they're cheap. Some people are asking ridiculous amounts for them now that they're in style. But even if you find something for lets say 3gs a few problems and fixes here and there and costs start to add up. My suggestion is to buy a newer bike like a Triumph Bonneville. I saw one for sale for 5gs on kijiji. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-moto-chopper/ville-de-montreal/selling-lara-black-triumph-bonnie/1075266629?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true This way you have looks, reliability, parts availability , resale value and enough power to go anywhere

Found this little shitter. Guy claims it starts with crank. I asked him if it smoked when it ran, and if it would start when I go see it tomorrow. He stopped replying.

Can a little thing like this be easily put back on the road? Or should I just wait and find something that's already running. I would love a 125-250cc as a daily for small distances. Then a bigger bike for longer rides with friends.

http://s12.postimg.org/h7sjkja5p/Screen_Shot_2015_06_05_at_2_20_38_AM.png

Just buy my bike :p
400cc

Back