Who do you consider to be the best auto detailer in Montréal

Snail

Banned
Hi all,

Given my impressively thin paint, it's sad to see how easy and quickly it gets damaged. I started to look at different paint coating, and Opti Coat seems to be the better and more popular choice. Only thing is I'm afraid to do it myself. You truly have to correct all paint imperfections before applying this stuff, or it gets sealed underneath. I have some experience with paint corrections and detailing, but I think I might want to hand it off to someone else who does this for a living.

I'm not looking for a quick and cheap job, but I want to shop around to see how much a great job would cost.

Thanks!

Je viens d'aller chez waxxon hier et très satisfait du travail d'alex, j'hésiterais pas à y retourner :)

Steve's Car Wash ........ West Island . The detailer guy , does a decent job.

I don't know anything about what opti-coat is, but he does sem to do a good job, as always call and check.

I had something similar to opticoat when I purchased my car. To be honest the coat get dirty pretty fast & it easily get chemical reaction to soap. Waxing the car in my opinion is a better option.

Waxxon (Alex) did my Lambo and my other cars, girl's car, etc... Even came home to remove stickers and quick buff after the Bullrun.

JoeyV did my M3, S5, girl's car

CelicaGTS (Alex) did my M3 back in the days up to a few years ago

They are all guys I trust 100% and they are really good.

I can't talk about the others I didn't try.

Thanks for the feedback! So Waxxon has a good reputation here?

I had something similar to opticoat when I purchased my car. To be honest the coat get dirty pretty fast & it easily get chemical reaction to soap. Waxing the car in my opinion is a better option.

I read that Opti Coat does just the opposite; it repels all contaminants and makes the paint more resistant to scratches and swirls. Waxing is just a temporary coat, lasting between a week and several months, but you should always be waxing every few months, if you really want to protect your paint. Opti Coat is permanent and is actually a dried-on layer of ceramic coating 100x harder than paint. It's supposed to last the life of the car.

...at least this is from what I read. I've only read good feedback from others.

I claimed it was a product similar to opticoat which is probably not as good.

It actually protected the paint, but the coat itself changed color after a year it got pretty bad a year after the winter. The brake dust embeded pretty well on the coat & sure was solid with solid rust spot. It make sense to do it every year to keep the car look as new, but repainting the whole car make more sense in term of budget.

Now it's fuck that shit & I just wax it often.

It actually protected the paint, but the coat itself changed color after a year it got pretty bad a year after the winter. The brake dust embeded pretty well on the coat & sure was solid with solid rust spot. It make sense to do it every year to keep the car look as new, but repainting the whole car make more sense in term of budget.

Wut?

Ouais, mais le temp de le repainturer je pense que le char doit etre vraiment vieux que ca vaudra peut etre pas la peine.

Au pire tu fais l'opti coat puis tu le cire pareil.

I'm really curious to see what your car looks like and what was applied onto it?? I can't imagine that the protective coat changed colour and embedded contaminants into it; it's supposed to do the exact opposite. Do you mind posting some pictures? I'm honestly very curious. Also, what colour is your car? And what colour it is changing to?

JoeyV did all of my cars, I think he's the only one with an Opticoat certification in Montreal.

What about MTL Auto Detail? I've heard he's pretty good too. He's on Ile Perrot and also has it apparently. Also, what is it with this certification? I was planning to do the actual Opti Coat myself until I read that only certified detailers could do it.

I'm sure it's still possible to get it and do it; probably the 5-year warranty won't apply in my case.

Back