Closed course + Rain?

M85Iroc-Z

Legacy Member
I need some tech tips from the MR moto gurus. I have my closed course exam on tuesday, and they are annoucing rain. Now being a moto noob, and never having driven in the rain (even with the school) im wondering how will traction be affected? Although the new exam is still at low speed (20-25km/h?) my main concern is the slalom and emergency counter steer. Would i be able to react or steer the same way as in the dry? Given the low speed?

closed exam doesn't take place if it's raining no?

if it is: you don't have too much to worry. they'll be more comprehensive in the emergency braking and countersteering part.
all the rest is like in dry.(not much hard input)

Would kinda suck if they cancel it on me because of rain. Whose to say it wont rain if I have to rebook at another time?

my closed course was cancelled because of rain, sucked big time! had to take another day off.

we were told that sensors would not pick up when it was raining

Apparently the school says they are on even in the rain, unless its a downpour. But looks like it might be clearing up in time for the exam tomorrow. Wooohoo!

J'espère que ça c'est bien passé pour toi! Moi aussi j'avais mon examen aujourd'hui et j'ai réussi! Pour ceux qui voulent plus d'infos sur l'examen:

1st- ligne droite entre des ''cône'', faut que tu passes la 2e vitesse mais pas de vitesse (kmh) à respecter et tu t'arrêtes à un point précis;
2nd-slalom en 2e vitesse;
3rd-Dans une ligne droite, entre deux points rouler le moins vite possible sans toucher à terre;
4th-Un grand virage en 2e, à droite;
5th- Virage serré à droite;
6th-Évitement d'Obstable, en 2e, au moins 25kmh;
finalement, freinage d'urgence, en 2e, au moins 25kmh.

Pas oublier vos notions et ça se fait très bien!!!

Passed!!!

And just in time too. We were a group of 10. I was first (alphabetical order). It started to thunder. The exam itslef went pretty well, and the evaluator was real chill. But just as i finished the last part of the course, the rain just poured. I was the 1st and only one to do the exam. The rain just didnt let up.

good job buddy, go buy a bike, what kind of bike style are you into. Cruiser , naked , crotch rocket

Bought my bike back in november. Its a 04 suzuki DRZ 400S

untitled.png

Back