Absinthe!!!???

Tu es un siècle et demi trop tard si tu veux l'effet hallucinogène... ;)

En fait sa été prouvé que l'effet hallucinogène avait été largement exagéré et le ban sur l'absinthe a été levé ya presque 20 ans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is thujone in Canadian absinthe, it's just not as strong as the stuff you can get in the Czech Republic. There's a law that limits the content. If there's wormwood in the ingredients, there's thujone in there.

Aside from the occasional beer, absinthe is the only alcoholic drink that I consume. It's definitely a different buzz that regular alcohol. I used to buy Hill's but have been buying the "Taboo" one for the past couple years...made in Kelowna I believe.

There is thujone in Canadian absinthe, it's just not as strong as the stuff you can get in the Czech Republic. There's a law that limits the content. If there's wormwood in the ingredients, there's thujone in there.

Aside from the occasional beer, absinthe is the only alcoholic drink that I consume. It's definitely a different buzz that regular alcohol. I used to buy Hill's but have been buying the "Taboo" one for the past couple years...made in Kelowna I believe.

there is like 10mg/l woodworm in canadian one ..

In CZ there is like 200 .. HUGE gap

People still believes absinthe is hallucinogen? This is an old misconception.

Absinthe has been frequently and improperly described in modern times as being hallucinogenic. No peer-reviewed scientific study has demonstrated absinthe to possess hallucinogenic properties. The belief that absinthe induces hallucinogenic effects is at least partly rooted in the fact that following some ten years of experiments with wormwood oil in the 19th century, the French psychiatrist Valentin Magnan studied 250 cases of alcoholism, and claimed that those who drank absinthe were worse off than those drinking ordinary alcohol, having experienced rapid-onset hallucinations.[75] Such accounts by opponents of absinthe (like Magnan) were cheerfully embraced by famous absinthe drinkers, many of whom were bohemian artists or writers.[76]

Two famous artists who helped popularise the notion that absinthe had powerful psychoactive properties were Toulouse-Lautrec and Vincent van Gogh. In one of the best-known written accounts of absinthe drinking, an inebriated Oscar Wilde described a phantom sensation of having tulips brush against his legs after leaving a bar at closing time.[77]

Notions of absinthe's alleged hallucinogenic properties were again fuelled in the 1970s, when a scientific paper suggested that thujone's structural similarity to THC, the active chemical in cannabis, presented the possibility of THC receptor affinity.[78][79] This theory was conclusively disproved in 1999.[80]

The debate over whether absinthe produces effects on the human mind in addition to those of alcohol has not been conclusively resolved. The effects of absinthe have been described by some as mind opening.[81] The most commonly reported experience is a "clear-headed" feeling of inebriation—a form of "lucid drunkenness". Chemist, historian and absinthe distiller Ted Breaux has claimed that the alleged secondary effects of absinthe may be caused by the fact that some of the herbal compounds in the drink act as stimulants, while others act as sedatives, creating an overall lucid effect of awakening.[82] The long-term effects of moderate absinthe consumption in humans remain unknown, although herbs traditionally used in the production of absinthe are reported to have both painkilling[83] and antiparasitic[84] properties.

Today it is known that absinthe does not cause hallucinations.[81] It is widely accepted that reports of hallucinogenic effects of absinthe were attributable to the poisonous adulterants being added to cheaper versions of the drink in the 19th century,[85] such as oil of wormwood, impure alcohol, and poisonous colouring matter (e.g. copper salts).

Quand je suis allé à Prague j'en ai bu une couple de fois de la ''vraie'' absinthe.

Je déteste la réglisse noire, alors j,ai trouvé ça absolument dégueulasse à chaque fois, pis j'ai pas eu de buzz non plus....

Les histoires buzz, ça vient du 19e siecle. Dieu sait avec quoi ils faisait l'Abscinte. Les conditions hygiéniques étaient pour le mojns mal comprise, possible qu'il avait des pathogènes dans l'eau ou whatever.

Back