What is your security camera system?

Guig'z

So my truck got a big M key mark for the second time this year parked on my street.

Went to the SPVM, basicly told me they didn't give a fuck. ( wich doesn't surprise me).

I'll do my own vigilante, I want to cath that fucker.

What system would you recommend? That does't cost 1k?

Thanks

that doesnt cost 1k, you'll need to set up the camera(s) very close to your truck, so you'll lost peripheral sight.
or if you move it too far back you'll lose detail.
Not to mention the loss of clarity and detail at night.(unless you also install/have a bright light flooding the truck)

Good luck.

Under $1k you won't get much especially in low light

Edit: at home I am installing hikvision

Last edited:
Ubiquiti UVC Camera .

140$ a camera.. it's a network camera .. you can record and web access via smart phone.

I have Qsee systems at my work garage 8 cameras and my house system has 6... Gives me piece if mind and can sleep better at night!

At home I have some Foscam wireless cams, works like a charm, everything is recorded on an Intel NUC running Blueiris + cloud snapshots. The image is pretty neat both day and night, pretty sure that could fit your issue, buy 1 higher end Foscam and set it up to snapshot on movement.

Est-ce que tu mettrais ta caméra à l'extérieur ou à l'intérieur?

Avec fil ou wireless?

As-tu un ordi prêt à rouler 24/7 ou non?

Après avoir répondu à ces questions je pourrai te suggérer quelque chose de potable.

BTW, j'ai 2 setup de caméra différent chez moi.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

At home I have some Foscam wireless cams, works like a charm, everything is recorded on an Intel NUC running Blueiris + cloud snapshots. The image is pretty neat both day and night, pretty sure that could fit your issue, buy 1 higher end Foscam and set it up to snapshot on movement.

Suite a un vol de Sub-Ampli dans mon ancien Grand Vitara, j'ai trois cameras Wi-Fi connectees a un serveur qui roule iSpy et enregistrent le mouvement. Deux sont night-vision, c'est des Wanscam made en Chine a 80$ sur Amazon/eBay. Elles sont sur mon entree et la cour arriere, au total elles surveillent ma cour pas mal au complet. Mettons que ca prendrait quelqu'un d'heliporte sur mon toit...

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wanscam

Elles fonctionnent bien, faut juste pas essayer de se servir de l'interface embed, ca prend iSpy (ou autre logiciel externe) parce que ce qui vient avec est pourri.

On voit tres bien et en plus, c'est un bon outil pour EMPECHER les mefaits. J'ai deja eu (rarement) des videos de monde qui viennent voir dans ma cour, voient la camera et s'en vont assez rapidement.

Par contre 99% des videos enregistres, outre nos entrees sorties a nous, c'est des animaux sauvages ou des tempetes de neige au complet. Ce qui est cool c'est que du travail je peux voir ma cour/maison n'importe quand.

iSpy est gratuit mais ca prend Java sur Windows pour rouler. Sinon ca marche assez bien.

Note qu'une camera c'est bon mais si une personne est motivee elle peut s'habiller en consequence pour pas se faire reconnaitre, tze le fameux passe-montagne...

I'm also looking to install a decent camera system that works extremely well at night time and capable of human/car detection. I was told to go with Bosch Starlight NIN-733-V03IPS. Anyone have any experience with this camera? I was wondering if these other cameras posted have great night time vision with good software that would keep false alarms down to a minimum.

normally you're better having a separate motion sensor and camera.
almost all software motion sensors (i.e. analyses the video image to see if there is movement) have very poor performance, lots of false alarms from birds, rain, wind, etc, etc.

in my case I am having a camera system that films all the time (loop when HDD is full) and I can connect whenever my alarm system goes off. You can automate it but more $$.

My friend is owner of nyxsecurite you can give him a call for info, they do a lot of commercial and industrial installs (as well as homes). http://nyxsecurite.com/

I'm also looking to install a decent camera system that works extremely well at night time and capable of human/car detection. I was told to go with Bosch Starlight NIN-733-V03IPS. Anyone have any experience with this camera? I was wondering if these other cameras posted have great night time vision with good software that would keep false alarms down to a minimum.

I was impressed by the wanscam nightvision mode. Everything is perfectly visible but in B&W. I have a Logitech too but it sucks compared to the wanscam for nightvision.

Suite a un vol de Sub-Ampli dans mon ancien Grand Vitara, j'ai trois cameras Wi-Fi connectees a un serveur qui roule iSpy et enregistrent le mouvement. Deux sont night-vision, c'est des Wanscam made en Chine a 80$ sur Amazon/eBay. Elles sont sur mon entree et la cour arriere, au total elles surveillent ma cour pas mal au complet. Mettons que ca prendrait quelqu'un d'heliporte sur mon toit...

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=wanscam

Elles fonctionnent bien, faut juste pas essayer de se servir de l'interface embed, ca prend iSpy (ou autre logiciel externe) parce que ce qui vient avec est pourri.

On voit tres bien et en plus, c'est un bon outil pour EMPECHER les mefaits. J'ai deja eu (rarement) des videos de monde qui viennent voir dans ma cour, voient la camera et s'en vont assez rapidement.

Par contre 99% des videos enregistres, outre nos entrees sorties a nous, c'est des animaux sauvages ou des tempetes de neige au complet. Ce qui est cool c'est que du travail je peux voir ma cour/maison n'importe quand.

iSpy est gratuit mais ca prend Java sur Windows pour rouler. Sinon ca marche assez bien.

Note qu'une camera c'est bon mais si une personne est motivee elle peut s'habiller en consequence pour pas se faire reconnaitre, tze le fameux passe-montagne...
Ta ville est plus tolérante que la mienne, j'avais aussi une caméra pointée vers ma cours avant et j'ai reçu une lettre d'inspecteur me disant que c'était interdit lulz...

Next step: spy cam.

So my truck got a big M key mark for the second time this year parked on my street.

Went to the SPVM, basicly told me they didn't give a fuck. ( wich doesn't surprise me).

I'll do my own vigilante, I want to cath that fucker.

What system would you recommend? That does't cost 1k?

Thanks

The SPVM are busy trying to make money for the municipality, just like the SQ is busy trying to make money for the province.

This morning on the way to work they were making strong use of the police force by paying two officers to stand partially hidden and confirm everyone made their stops without texting. Strong use of police force (and also nice pants!)

10450543_10154039122589546_4153211401619330309_n.jpg

On a rien vole (mais on essaye en tabarnak!)

Ta ville est plus tolérante que la mienne, j'avais aussi une caméra pointée vers ma cours avant et j'ai reçu une lettre d'inspecteur me disant que c'était interdit lulz...

Next step: spy cam.

Tu peux watcher ton terrain prive, juste pas la rue. Ma camera est pas cachee mais tu vois bien de la facon que c'est oriente que c'est juste le terrain et l'entree qui est surveille.

Celles dans ma cour arriere ben... lol...

Back