SPVM to increase presence on West Island

Larkee

Beginning in May the Montreal police department will intensify its efforts to catch delinquent and dangerous drivers on the West Island.

Project Oasis will see an increased officer presence at major intersections deemed "high risk" in Kirkland, Beaconsfield and Baie-D'Urfé.

Those intersections include:

St-Charles/Brunswick (Kirkland)
St-Charles/Autoroute 20 (Beaconsfield)
St-Charles/ Beaconsfield (Beaconsfield)
Anciens Combattants/Autoroute 20 (S-A-B)
550 Anciens-Combattants (S-A-B)
André-Brunet/Aesop (Kirkland)
Victoria/Bedford (Baie-D'Urfé)

Officers will be on the lookout for drivers blocking an intersection during traffic, running red lights, not respecting signs, speeding and texting while driving.

To help catch anyone breaking the Highway Safety Code the SPVM will be assisted by officers from the Intervention (West) Section and the Regional Traffic Division.

Oasis won't be singling out motorists as officers will also be increasing their presence on bike paths.

http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news-community/2016/04/27/spvm-to-increase-presence-on-west-island?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

sounds good, been quite some shit going on in the area lately..too bad they cant dress accordingly...

How long is this whole opperation supposed to last? Ive not seen a big difference except for bigger cop chillings in dark hidden parking lots

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

How long is this whole opperation supposed to last? Ive not seen a big difference except for bigger cop chillings in dark hidden parking lots

Ce n'est pas commencé encore champion.

so basically just giving out more tickets for no reason....lol

well at least they warned us!

La raison, c'est le dernier constat de la SAAQ que le taux de mortalité sur nos routes est en hausse alarmiste depuis les 10dernières années. Alcool, vitesse et cellulaire ont été ciblés pour cause.

De toute façon, trouver des raisons pour exercer davantage de répression (et de collecte de taxes), c'est pas trop dur pour les instances responsables.

La raison, c'est le dernier constat de la SAAQ que le taux de mortalité sur nos routes est en hausse alarmiste depuis les 10dernières années. Alcool, vitesse et cellulaire ont été ciblés pour cause.

De toute façon, trouver des raisons pour exercer davantage de répression (et de collecte de taxes), c'est pas trop dur pour les instances responsables.

Et oui, il faut qu'ils fassent preuve de "due diligence" pour pas que les matantes "Ajusto" viennent chialer que "la police en fait pas assez" pour ralentir les "jeunes temeraires" sur nos routes.

INB4 le 3/4 des tickets vont etre des exhaust, vitres teintees, suspensions illegale, pneus stretch, spacers illegaux, lift illegal et autres magouilles Subaruiennes.

...pour pas que les matantes "Ajusto" viennent chialer que "la police en fait pas assez" pour ralentir les "jeunes temeraires" sur nos routes.

Lmao reminds me of this old lady that lives 3 houses away..came and gave me shit 3 years ago or so for my car beeing too loud saying that i had a aftermarket exhaust...it was a 100% stock tdi...
Or like my mother..and many other ladys i know that just seen a slightly loud car driving by (under speed limit if anything) and say its going too fast..just because it sounds louder hahahah

Villeray they're doing the same. I like it, f*cking annoying when ignorant turds block the whole intersection, nobody can pass and the whole intersection ends up being a clusterfuck for a while.

what I dont understand is we have threads full of videos of bad drivers cutting lines/lights and talking on their cell phones.... which you all BITCH CRY YELL about like little girls

and then when a thread about cops giving tickets for those same things we bitch about comes up.... OH FUCK THE TAX COLLECTORS

which one is it ladies ?

lol i was at a traffic light in Ahuntsic the other day, a cop in the right lane, dumbass in the left lane. Cop puts his gyros on to make a right turn thru the red. The dumbass thinks the light is green and goes thru a full intersection... somehow barely makes it out alive.. and the cop that turned right didn't even see anything.

I'm not worried.

lol i was at a traffic light in Ahuntsic the other day, a cop in the right lane, dumbass in the left lane. Cop puts his gyros on to make a right turn thru the red. The dumbass thinks the light is green and goes thru a full intersection... somehow barely makes it out alive.. and the cop that turned right didn't even see anything.

I'm not worried.

we had a bet once among a few of us and tried it out

on St Jean Boulv. we get to a red light, we were the first car in the middle lane... we took off...

guess what?
5 cars followed in 3 different lanes before people actually realized oh shit light is still red

pretty scary if you ask me and we kinda freaked out ourselves at the result

we had a bet once among a few of us and tried it out

on St Jean Boulv. we get to a red light, we were the first car in the middle lane... we took off...

guess what?
5 cars followed in 3 different lanes before people actually realized oh shit light is still red

pretty scary if you ask me and we kinda freaked out ourselves at the result

I've seen this happen a little too often in montreal. I'm behind some turkey at a red light, and the guy just take off just like that, right on the full red lol. I'm like...okay

Its a miracle I haven't witnessed a full t-bone accident yet. Talk about sleeping at the wheel.

Back