Renting out condo while it's for sale for purchase of new property?

portugz

If my condo becomes a rental property (for the period while it is for sale), I have the opportunity to finalize the property I want...

My agent has brought this up, and oddly enough, I now have a potential renter, and a property I've made an offer on (Accepted), however I can't go through with it until my condo is sold.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a potential renter, and a property I've made an offer on (Accepted), however I can't go through with it until my condo is sold.

If my condo becomes a rental property (for the period while it is for sale), I have the opportunity to finalize the property I want...
I have rented a house while it was for sale.

It took 11 months and I had a 60 days notice to leave of it was sold.

For those reasons I had a rent much lower than market, you need to provide an incentive for someone to rent it with possibility of being kicked out at any moment.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Vendre une proprité avec un locataire complique un peut les choses. Sauf si tu fait un bail au mois, tu aura de la difficulté a timer ton locataire et ton acheteur pour le déménagement.

Je ne connais pas ta situation mais si tu pense avoir un bon deal pour ton nouvelle achat et que tu as les reins pour supporter les 2 hypotheque jusqu'a ce que ton condo soit vendu je le laisserais vide

Si c'est une exigence de la banque, fait signer un faux bail a un ami

Disons que c'est une situation speciale.

Seller likes me. Seller wants me to have his house. (Weirdly enough.)
Seller needs to get out asap to move.
Seller remembers sister just sold house, wants to rent for a while.

Sister is visiting my place to rent until July or sale.

Last edited:
Is seller ready to co-sign with sister if she decides to take off after the sale goes through and you end up with no lease/rent. You have to declare this rent as income also so take this into account.

Disons que c'est une situation speciale.

Seller likes me. Seller wants me to have his house. (Weirdly enough.)
Seller needs to get out asap to move.
Seller remembers sister just sold house, wants to rent for a while.

Sister is visiting my place to rent until July or sale.

On dirait un vendeur qui veut tellement te refiler son "problème" rapidement qu'il fait tout pour te vendre au plus vite...

Je loue présentement un condo qui est à vendre. (depuis 1.5 ans lol)

Légalement, le nouveau propriétaire devra m'avertir 6 mois à l'avance qu'il compte habiter le condo une fois l'achat concrétisé.

Sinon, il devra m'offrir quelque chose pour que je parte de plein gré.

Je loue présentement un condo qui est à vendre. (depuis 1.5 ans lol)

Légalement, le nouveau propriétaire devra m'avertir 6 mois à l'avance qu'il compte habiter le condo une fois l'achat concrétisé.

Sinon, il devra m'offrir quelque chose pour que je parte de plein gré.

Ouai, 6 mois c'est assez de temps pour faire fuire un acheteur... This is so annoying.

Ouai, 6 mois c'est assez de temps pour faire fuire un acheteur... This is so annoying.

Also annoying as a renter when an owner sells his house and you get thrown out of your dwelling. You can't have the best of all worlds. You want to earn money renting, it's the chance you take. Want to sell your house and not have the problem, don't rent it out.

Also annoying as a renter when an owner sells his house and you get thrown out of your dwelling. You can't have the best of all worlds. You want to earn money renting, it's the chance you take. Want to sell your house and not have the problem, don't rent it out.

Well, first of all, anyone who would rent my condo, would be fully aware of my situation (Especially because there's a BIG for sale sign in the window.)
Second, you wouldn't be thrown out of your dwelling, you'd be thrown out of someone else's dwelling that you're renting.
Third, garbage comments of someone who's definitely;
A. Never been in the situation.
B. Someone who is renting.
C. A + B

I'm in this situation because of an opportunity, not by choice. I'm exploring all options - not trying to make a permanent rental property out of my condo, just trying to get the whole transaction rolling.

What's annoying, is this situation, I just wish the condo was gone - I'm not trying to make money off it. But thanks for the comments on your experience, it really helped me with my situation.

Well, first of all, anyone who would rent my condo, would be fully aware of my situation (Especially because there's a BIG for sale sign in the window.)
Second, you wouldn't be thrown out of your dwelling, you'd be thrown out of someone else's dwelling that you're renting.
C. A + B

I'm in this situation because of an opportunity, not by choice. I'm exploring all options - not trying to make a permanent rental property out of my condo, just trying to get the whole transaction rolling.

What's annoying, is this situation, I just wish the condo was gone - I'm not trying to make money off it. But thanks for the comments on your experience, it really helped me with my situation.

lol now you're making assumptions just because I decided to give you my opinions on the situation. OK buddy.

So
A.) you're an asshole
B.)Nobody is going to give any fucks to help you in your whinefest situation
c.)A+b

You don't want to deal with a renter, then don't try to make extra money renting out a place you are selling, you greedy shithead... Garbage comments from a little baby who makes assumptions and makes himself look like an asshole. Well done.

C. A + B

Malheureusement, c'est la loi.. Peut importe ce que tu écris dans le bail, le code civil du Québec prime.

lol now you're making assumptions just because I decided to give you my opinions on the situation. OK buddy.

So
A.) you're an asshole
B.)Nobody is going to give any fucks to help you
You don't want to deal with a renter, then don't try to make extra money renting out a place you are selling, you greedy shithead... Garbage comments from a little baby who makes assumptions and makes himself look like an asshole. Well done.

I'm looking for info from people who are in the situation, people with actual experience - not opinions. I made that pretty clear. Opinions are pretty useless to me, they won't help me move forward in my situation, that's all.

And it doesn't make me a greedy shithead. I'm providing a space for a limited amount of time, it's up to the renter to agree with it or not. I'm just looking for a way to deal with it.

Malheureusement, c'est la loi.. Peut importe ce que tu écris dans le bail, le code civil du Québec prime.
Il est pas obligé de signer un bail...

Pas de bail = pas de régie... Tu dois alors passer ailleurs. J'avais déjà été coloc pas de bail pis quand j'ai crissé mon camp du jour au lendemain elle a rien pu faire du tout.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Apparemment la solution est des bails d'un mois, c'est ce qu'on viens de me dire, mais là, avec la règle du 6 mois, je ne sais pas comment ça pourrais marcher.

Back