just finished auto mech school looking for input on tools

Frank, Air Cat and MAC are manufactured by the same company. I used AC parts ordered online to fix my broken MAC after I found out that they are identical. What a rip off

the MAC truck doesn't come around for years now to have him replace all the junk I have from them broken lol

He came to my shop once to drop off a flyer and hasn't been seen since.. Same with the new Snap-On guy in my area, comes around like once a month. I just meet my usual Snap-On guy at his house, much easier like that.

Ok donc, dans l'exemple a gregster, comment tu torque a 25nm a 130 degree? Si tu me décrit l'action, p-e que je vais comprendre plus. Parceque pour le moment, je comprend pas comment un torque wrench électronique est capable de détecter le coéficient de friction ( a moin qu'il le soit?????)

Tu torque à 25nm, ensuite tu fais 130°

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Exact.

i knew mac was the same as air cat the day i received my new gun and the handle was the same as a 3/8 gun from mac xd. i bough a 1250k nitro cat and i have nothing to say about it.

Tu torque à 25nm, ensuite tu fais 130°

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

C'est juste ca??

Je comprend pas comment le fait d'y allé de cette facon va pallier a un facteur variable comme le coefficient de friction??? On dirait bien que j'ai de la lecture a faire.

Mais bon, je pense pas qui faut viré fou avec ca non plus. J'ai fait ma clutch cet été avec un bon vieux torque wrench a click et y'a rien qui a lacher encore lol

Le coefficient de friction est vrai.. mais il faut pas virer fou non plus... ce qu'on torque sur les voitures a generelement un range mettons 80-85 lb/ft donc ca ne prend pas la precision de NASA. Un torque wrench a click fera la job en Masse si bien calibre

Basic tool to beginning. No need to go with a big Snap-on 80" roll cab, Go with a medium size Roll cab easy to transport because you will move a lot and change job at every 4-6 month.

Impact air tool
-1/2" drive Ingersoll Rand serie 2135, best one I had
-3/8" ratchet, take one you can change direction of the air outlet!!
-Straight die grinder with a metal brush
-Right angle die grinder with a cutting disk (take high quality cutting disk)

Snap-on socket cost so much, but if you have 50% off.. they are very good quality it's a good investment. I have Ultrapro socket and they are half the price, never broke one.

impact 1/2" drive (black one)
-6 pans metric short and long, go with a kit
-4", 6", 10" extension
-joint
-1/2 to 3/8 reducer

Hand tool
Ratchet 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" (go with a bundle for the 1/4")
a good complete kit 1/2" drive and 3/8" drive including 3x 10mm socket :D that you paint orange fluo :laugh: extensions, joint, plug socket
Short ans long socket, snap on have mid-long socket but it depend on the job you do, you will see with the time.

Channellock for plier, cutter, etc. Good tool, Canadian tire at 30% off good deal. Snapon one are so much overprice.

don't go to crazy with everything, you will lose tools, and at the beginning you will do more maintenance than actual mechanics. Good luck!

I have mostly (Except for super specials at Canadian tire, pliers, cutters, and stuff like that) Ultra Pro tools. I love them.

All I can say for quality tools is that, when I first started playing with cars, it was super difficult, bolts always stripped, broke, I broke sockets and ratchets all the damn time. Now I've invested a significant amount of money on Ultrapro stuff, it seems like bolts never strip anymore, the sockets bite so much better than the Mastercrap stuff I used before. My ratchets feel great, click super well, change direction smoothly. I have not broken a socket yet, however the chrome on many of them are chipping away.

I even have an Ultrapro titanium Impact gun, which I think is light and super powerful, but I have nothing to compare it too really, Ive never used a snap-on.

The best part about it is I dont have to chase down Trucks and shit who hate to do warranty service because they dont make any money on it, I just swing by any Napa store and switch it. Thats the biggest advantage I think.

x2 for Ultrapro tool. If they don't have the tool they order it and it is at the store next day. Napa guy delivery at the garage. Broke 1 time a ratchet, they change it, no question ask about the lenght of the pipe I use on it for priying!

Snap on Sockets by far have the best fit same goes for wrenches. Hazet wins for triple square and etorx

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I just want to throw in don't be afraid to buy Mastercraft Maximum for smaller stuff, especially when it's on sale.
It breaks, you go to CT and get a new one. For example you can buy your fancy Snap-On screwdrivers if you want, but then get a couple Maximum flats. Maximum is especially good if you don't think you'll use it often. Stuff like grinders come on sale for $20 sometimes.

Back