New wheels and tires, new wobble and shaking

-OG-

Administrator
So I've owned an EJ8 SI Civic for a month or two now and had no balancing issues, alignment issues, direction issues and whatnot.

Last week, I got some 14 inch civic steelies and got brand new winter tires installed and balanced on them at Costco. Got wheels re-torqued, everything is OEM.

Now, I get a nasty shake past 80km/h and a consistent wheel clonking from the back.

What the hell would the problem be? Should I get the control arms tightened? Jack up and spin wheels to see if bearings are magically shot?

Unrelated, broody the plastics are good for a 1998, VTAK feels like being slapped across the face with dildos.

How you start by eliminating the most probable cause? Go back to Costco and get the wheels/tires re-balanced.

How you start by eliminating the most probable cause? Go back to Costco and get the wheels/tires re-balanced.

The closest appointment I can get is in one month, I already thought of that but I highly doubt costco would have let my wheels go out unbalanced. They're basic OEM honda steelies

Perdu un plomb, pneu tordu ou endommagé ou simplement mal balancé... C'est pas parce que c'est Costco qu'ils ne font jamais d'erreur.

jack it up and move ur wheels to see if it's bolts (if they're tighten or not).

Perdu un plomb, pneu tordu ou endommagé ou simplement mal balancé... C'est pas parce que c'est Costco qu'ils ne font jamais d'erreur.
Hey mon client chez costco fais 65'000$ pour changer des tires. Est mieux de le balancer comme du monde.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

ready to bet that its just a balancing issue.
the wheel would have fallen off already if it was not tightened down right.

1 month for a RDV for a comeback? They should pass you through priority.

Appointment at 4:30, hopefully it fixes the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the wheel would have fallen off already if it was not tightened down right.

Not completely true. My experience. Had my winter wheels mounted on a Tuesday. Experience noise on a Saturday. Went and check on a Monday. Bolts somehow gotten loose.

So the wheels weren't seated properly on the hub because of corrosion, waiting to get the keys back so I can go for a spin hopefully it stopped wobbling

So the wheels weren't seated properly on the hub because of corrosion, waiting to get the keys back so I can go for a spin hopefully it stopped wobbling

lucky you didnt lose the wheel

rookie mistake.

seen it often on VWs and Audis because of the bolt in system- rarely on Hondas if ever.

Yeah never saw that on a civic...or any non euro car Sound like a bs reason they gave you.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Yeah it was lol, hub wasn't the right size on the wheel. Had to buy 4 new rims

Yeah it was lol, hub wasn't the right size on the wheel. Had to buy 4 new rims

Big lol.... The guy at Costco didn't realized that when he wheel wasn't sitting properly? Sound like you went to Canadian tire and doesn't want to admit it.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Back