Couriers blocking bike lanes.. opinion?

Rat^3

So recently I was in Toronto, walking around I noticed a UPS truck parked half bike lane half curb unloading around 6-8 parcels for a local shop. Next thing you know it I see some cyclist dressed up waving fingers and pointing at the UPS driver. Typically the driver ignored him and pretty much told him to fuck off but the cyclist gave him a ticket lol. I asked a few locals what was up and it seems like it's a thing there. As a motorist, I totally get it if a courier has to block one of the lanes to make a delivery, obviously a different case if it's a one way. But I hope this cyclist entitlement doesn't find it's way up here.

https://twitter.com/TPS_ParkingPal/...io/iframe/twitter.min.html#882327482396966912

https://twitter.com/TPS_ParkingPal/...io/iframe/twitter.min.html#882308798869884929

That ticket is probably not even going to be paid lol. I believe CP vehicles are crown corp and can pretty much park and stop wherever they want. This is hearsay and can definitely be false but after googling it seems that Toronto is the only place giving trouble to CP and this has been going on since 2011, with Canada post just sending the tickets to court and getting them dismissed every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where should he park buddy? Just stop bitching and drive around it... It's like people in the middle lane complaining about a guy driving slow. Just pass him from the left or right and go about your life. You'll forget it 5 seconds later.

Well I did make an effort not to sound agressive or swear but if you'd like me to go batshit on him I can make an effort. I on a personnal note have never heard of the power of giving a ticket to someone if not an officer. Would have many chances here in mtl as the bike lane is often used as a parking by city pick ups, post canada and many other cars and trucks.
Namaste young kaimera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
On appelle ça de la cohabitation. Les cyclistes devraient les laisser travailler et les courriers devraient faire plus attention et le ne pas abuser de la chose et utiliser la voie cyclable qu'en dernier recours

Kyle stun pedaleur.

*Edited to avoid being blasted by the LGBTGIFOMGTFO society.

Last edited:
Mon opinion c'est fait le tour du calice de truck, go on, smile, pis dis-toi que pendant que tu fais du bike, ben le dude de UPS y travaille.

On vit vraiment dans une société de raisins, c'est décourageant.

Faudrait que le monde sorte un peu, dans des pays moins structurés, pour voir à quel point ya des choses qui fonctionnent tellement mieux qu'ici!!

Every day at work i have deliveries on St-Laurent. At first i felt bad about double lane parking, but when you have to haul 30 boxes or so and realize that a bunch of people do the same to save 20 meters of walk, you don't feel so bad. No hate from anyone so far.

On appelle ça de la cohabitation. Les cyclistes devraient les laisser travailler et les courriers devraient faire plus attention et le ne pas abuser de la chose et utiliser la voie cyclable qu'en dernier recours

C'est tellement drôle quand mes clients me disent que les cyclistes sont frustrer quand ils prennent leur Quadriporteur sur la piste cyclable, Partage la route! lol

Back