Duclos Chrysler in Saint Hubert scam

Soopacharged

Legacy Member
Here's my experience with Duclos Chrysler in Saint Hubert. I'm sure this is not the 1st or last time they've done this.

I bought a car from this dealership last year and at the time I was never told that the car had a transferable extended gold warranty. The salesman brought out a brochure with different warranty options that I could purchase. The one I chose came to almost $3000. The warranty that I received was less than what I asked for. I'm assuming that the difference between the two was pocketed.

It's been about 3-4 weeks since I tried to get a refund from them and so far nothing. I spoke to a "manager" and his response was they would call the 3rd party warranty company to see what could be done. This was his position on several phone conversations and in person. I clearly told him that I gave my money to Duclos Chrysler. The 3rd party warranty company has nothing to do with this. One possible "solution" offered was to add the 6 year warranty after the original 6 year warranty ran out. I don't need this car warrantied until 2026.

I sent them a registered letter giving the 10 business days to give me a full refund. June 20th was the deadline. I called to speak to Daniel, the "manager", and I was told that he no longer works there. I left my name for the new manager 2 days later still no response.

So now I'm proceeding with small claims court and its going to cost them more than the $3000 I paid for the warranty. I've had repairs done that the original warranty would've covered that I've paid for.

Duclos Chrysler is a scammer and don't care about customers. It's obvious in the way I've been totally ignored.

UPDATE
Tired of waiting so I went to the dealership to avoid going to court. Long story short I get totally ignored, physically assaulted and thrown out by the police after I refused to leave. Can you believe this?

Although I'm not sure it's necessarily the dealer fault about not advising you about the warranty, I'm not really suprised about how the situation was handled.

That place is trashy AF. I walked in for a Jeep last year and walked straight the fuck out.

Most shady car dealerships are cleaner, better maintained and have more professional staff than that dumpster fire of a dealer.

Un dealer call pas la police juste parceque quelqu'un reste assis dans un bureau lol

Si tu veux aller en cours je serais prudent sur ce j'écris sur MR/facebook etc...

UPDATE
Tired of waiting so I went to the dealership to avoid going to court. Long story short I get totally ignored, physically assaulted and thrown out by the police after I refused to leave. Can you believe this?

You just killed any chances at credibility in front of any judge. There's more to this than what you're telling.

Here are the answers to your questions. If a dealer intentionally misleads you into thinking that there is no warranty and then sells you a warranty, that's fraud. The original warranty should've been transferred to me.

As for the assault part, I was standing in the office arguing my point and the manager got up from his seat, came around his desk and started pushing me from where I was standing in the doorway. Then he starts closing the door on my hand so I pushed it back open and that's when he told the receptionist to call the cops. They came and they asked me to go outside to talk and that was it.

To those saying to abort. Why? I can guarantee this isn't an isolated event. Why should I walk away from this? It's a clear scam. I've spoken with the APA and Consumer Protection and they both agree that this isn't right.

One more thing, sure it's my side but what could an alternative point of view be. I'd basically be lying. I have all the proof. I've seen the original extended transferable warranty with my VIN. Please someone tell me what I'm missing.

meanwhile Duclos est la commandite du bas de ce thread lololol
On voit que tu ne sais pas comment fonctionnent les annonces Google.

OP, contact Chrysler Canada. Either they will help or they will say there's nothing they can do but at least you have nothing to lose by doing it.

Did u went to court to make a subpoena? If so, they should contact you very soon to try to make an agreement. Normally, they don't like to go in court.

Not sure but it's the law to inform u there's already a valid warranty on the car...better call OPC just to make sure

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using Tapatalk

OP, contact Chrysler Canada. Either they will help or they will say there's nothing they can do but at least you have nothing to lose by doing it.

Done. I've called twice. They don't get involved in sales disputes. I asked if they're willing to have one dealer ruin their name by scamming people? Yes they are. That's Dodge customer service.

Back