Help finding a new car/truck

MrDuddly

Hi, need some help finding the right car/truck for my needs.
Would like a v8 (maybe a v6) something I can beat on and just rip around, load up with cargo, do road trips etc.
7k is my max budget but I'm open to suggestions, hoping to find something under 150000km.
Tested 420 sel, an f-150 and going to try another tomorrow, almost got one but it was sold before I got to the dealer. But honestly have no clue what to look for in American vehicles.
This would be a second car so doesn't have to be special or pretty just not a rust bucket. I'm just not finding much online, maybe someone here can point me in the right direction, any help would be much appreciated.

Honnetement, dans le used, les pickup les plus durable et coutant le moins chere en entretiens sont le sierra/silverado

Un modele avec le 4.8 et la transmission 4 vitesses tu vas faire 500 000km.

Ok i might have found 2006 GMC Sierra with 190xxxkm for 7500$ Not sure if that's a good price or not but ill book a test drive and check it out. Thanks for the input so far!

420 sel? as in the old mercedes S class? That sounds like an awesome road trip car but obviously not ideal to beat on and rip around. Way different than a full size pickup. What kind of cargo are you carrying? How many people are you taking along on road trips?

My grandparents had a 300SDL back in the days, and everything electronic or electric would eventually fail. The engine went strong until the end but that's about it.

So I've narrowed it down to two 06 sierra 1500's and a dodge Dakota with a v8. Is there anything I should know about the Dakota's because the price is attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've narrowed it down to two 06 sierra 1500's and a dodge Dakota with a v8. Is there anything I should know about the Dakota's because the price is attractive.

Do not touch Dakotas... They drink way more than the Sierras, canty even put a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the bed between the fenders and they rust like hell.

Diffs are also weak.

Honnetement, dans le used, les pickup les plus durable et coutant le moins chere en entretiens sont le sierra/silverado

Un modele avec le 4.8 et la transmission 4 vitesses tu vas faire 500 000km.

C'est vrai mais ils sont laid en tbk a comparé des Ram et F150.
Je toucherais JAMAIS a un Ram usagé mais pour certain modèle et année de F150 ca peu etre pas si pire.

So I've tried one again. CAA inspection came back a1, just needs an alignment, oil & filter change and the horn fixed all which the dealer will do. Has 200xxxkm and wants 11250 tax in. Is that too much or just an ok deal? I know nothing about trucks but it's got very little rust as it was sprayed yearly.

Interesting, will call in the morning. Meanwhile here is a pic of the one I saw.

242fe72e2977ff9799d8afb1e682c366.jpg

ad952e7672df0d707cab12f99d505a79.jpg

What year is it? How many km? How much was he asking?

06, 195xxxkm for 11250 tax included in the one I described above. It's higher then my budget but it's one of the cleaner ones I've seen.

Last edited:
06, 195xxxkm for 11250 tax in the one I described above. It higher then my budget but it's one of the cleaner ones I've seen.

Thats way too much for a 2006.

You can get a 2010+(new model) For 11500$

The 2008 I list in this tread is 6495$ about the same mileage,half the price of the 06.

Dont overpay for your truck.

Try to find the most recent one with the least km. They are getting better each new year.

Paging -Mike-

My buddy is looking at a 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SL Nevada Edition 4x4 with the 4.8, 185,000km.
Asking price is ~12k.

Here is the add, any advice before he goes and buys it?
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...on/1289805318?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I tried to see this truck but the guy never answered his phone. But it seems like a good deal. I'll tell you what I learned from shopping for trucks check trans fluid colour and smell if it's burnt walk away. Check the abs fuse and brake hard lines for rust it's a known GM issue. Check the rocker panels, door pins & bottom of the door for rust likewise for under the bed liner and between the cab and bed. Try the 4x4 in all modes forward & reverse. If the truck had a tow package levelling air bags check to see that they hold air. When he's done test driving turn he truck off check it over again look for leaks and so on, your usual inspection. Then start it up again to see if it starts smooth in a warm start up, put the hand brake on and check the idle in p, n and drive with your foot off the brake pedal. And look at the brake pedal if the rubber pad is worn off completely it was used hard and probably has for than 185xxxkm. I saw a tampered truck so it can happen. Just do the same inspection you would for any other vehicle just check all the 4x4 and truck stuff closely. Good luck finding one! Hopefully Mike can inform you too.

Back