Question : Inspection federal?

SRB-TEAM

J ai qque questions:

1: Je dois apporter ma voiture jusque centre ville pour que les agents frontaliers verifient mes VIN . Dernier fois, l agent m a dit que je dois apporter l auto sur trailler . Est ce que c est possible d avoir un transit pour un cas de ce genre?

2: je dois passer un inspection federal . Comme j ai comprit je dois faire ca chez canadian tire . C est quoi exactement ils verifient ? Si mon windsheald va etre craque pour inspection federal , est ce que je passe pareil l inspection? Est ce que pour inspection federal , c est possible d avoir un transit de saaq?

Merci.

Impossible d'avoir un transit pour un véhicule qui est pas a ton nom a la saaq. (je présume que c'est a cas vu que tu l'importes)

Bizarrement l'Ontario le fait. Ils ont même un transit pour les non résidents... :D

Encore une fois, on est une société distincte.

windshield cracker, pas mal sur que ça passe pas ni ici ni au canada.

pin un trailer en arriere du char, va labas, monte le char sur le trailer, inspection, attend qui regarde pas pis repin le trailer pis reviens lel

Impossible d'avoir un transit pour un véhicule qui est pas a ton nom a la saaq. (je présume que c'est a cas vu que tu l'importes)

Bizarrement l'Ontario le fait. Ils ont même un transit pour les non résidents... :D

Encore une fois, on est une société distincte.

tu veux me dire que , je peux aller en ontario et recevoir un transit meme si j habitte a qc ?

skeptical-african-kid.jpg

windshield cracker, pas mal sur que ça passe pas ni ici ni au canada.

pin un trailer en arriere du char, va labas, monte le char sur le trailer, inspection, attend qui regarde pas pis repin le trailer pis reviens lel

je reve si c etais si facile que ca lol :D

TRAILLER --J AI DEJA PENCE A CA . par contre je pence pas de faire tout en meme journee . je dois montrer l auto , apres appellez a RIV pour procedure de inspection federal, paye 250$ a RIV , apres je dois avoir deja un rendez vous chez canadian tire pour presenter la bas .

pour windsheald je sais pas si c est dans les reglements de inspection federal . je sais que t as besoins avoir tes lumier de jour, ton millage et ton speedo doit etre en KM, et voiture dois avoir les brakets pour sieges de bb . je sais pas quoi d autre ils check . p-t qqun peut donner plus d info qui a deja fait ca .

You are forgetting the most important thing.. The recall clearance letter from BMW!!.. Not sure if they are still charging for those or not

Federal Inspection is DRLs, Babyseat anchors, Cluster can be in Miles but will have to have KMs as well, You may also need bi lingual safety warnings.. You also have to have all labels such as VIN sticker, US Compliances labels. Airbag warning light must be off but functional when ignition is on.

You won't pass SAAQ mechanical with a cracked windshield, its an automatic fail. You can have a check engine light but will fail for ABS, Airbag lights.

You are forgetting the most important thing.. The recall clearance letter from BMW!!.. Not sure if they are still charging for those or not

Federal Inspection is DRLs, Babyseat anchors, Cluster can be in Miles but will have to have KMs as well, You may also need bi lingual safety warnings.. You also have to have all labels such as VIN sticker, US Compliances labels. Airbag warning light must be off but functional when ignition is on.

You won't pass SAAQ mechanical with a cracked windshield, its an automatic fail. You can have a check engine light but will fail for ABS, Airbag lights.

ya i forget about recall letter , one guy just mention me about . how much they charge for ? i have a 1 recall in total about stupid battery bolt and what i saw by safetycar : status for this recall on my car is : incomplet . So 99% bmw usa never check this recall on my car . So what process in that case ? i guess bmw gonna charge me the labor time ?

What i can do about bilingual safety warning ?

For windsheald : my biggest problem is that i wanna pass federal inspection to pass by saaq and take transit that gonna help me to drive my car all around and fix all my problems before provincial inspection . Cuz i cant always order towing or trailler and bring my car everywere . i feel like its really stupid and expensive .

I said they might charge.. Call BMW USA then BMW Canada on Monday. Bilingual stickers can be ordered at the dealer if needed

The letter is the most important part

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

https://www.ontario.ca/page/special-permit

En lisant c'est pas évident de comprendre si ce serait valide au Québec cependant. Si leur loi prévoit que c'est valide seulement en Ontario, c'est pas légal ici.

je pences c est meme chose que a quebec . il dit ici que t as besoins avoir riv formulaire avec 2 etamp que l auto a respect tout les reglement securitaire . ca veut dire que l auto doit passe inspection avant de demander le transit .

If you import the vehicle from outside Canada

You must provide the registrar of imported vehicles (RIV) form 1 with both stamps. This ensures that the vehicle meets the federal inspection requirements. You also need to provide the original vehicle title (For example: Certificate of Origin, Certificate of title, New Vehicle Information Statement, etc.)

non pas pour ce transit ontarien.

Par contre n'importequel transit de Québec oui...

je l'ai deja utilisé ce transit sur une remorque importée des US

I said they might charge.. Call BMW USA then BMW Canada on Monday. Bilingual stickers can be ordered at the dealer if needed

The letter is the most important part

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

wanted to update my stuff . I caller bmw toronto and they said that i need this letter and its cost 500$ cuz they add modifications such a program drl+ change from miles to km . I ask her if all this already done , is it possible to get lower price ? She said no . So i m like : so you guys charge 500$ for paper that have a logo bmw , 1 phrase that all reacalls done and signature of your employee . All this cost me 500$ ? she is like yeahh , srry !!! Then i call RIV to oroginize everything with them , to make sure that i can do all places in same day . When i mention her recall letter , she said that big brands like bmw , mercedes etc already have all information in our system . So in your case , you dont need any recall letter cuz she already see everything about my car . Same time , she said even if there is gonna be some recalls , we gonna send information to bmw and bmw gonna let you know if therre is something to check , but for now you dont need to pass by bmw . When i told her that i m happy cuz this letter cost 500$ , she was really surprise . So before pass by bmw , just confirm with RIV 1st .

The letter charge is bullshit. You can get that letter free from the US dealer.

That is what I have done when I bought my M3 in California. The dealer has to print a report stating there is no pending recalls on letterhead and STAMP IT, very very important.

If you have that, you don't need any letter from any Canadian dealer or bullahit like that.

And I didn't need any sticker or other nonsense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Why not use the corona lights? You can code the DRLs easily

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

i might do it , but now i dont have any programs on my laptop , need to reinstall back :) . i might keep it like this to pass inspection and later gonna change :)

The letter charge is bullshit. You can get that letter free from the US dealer.

That is what I have done when I bought my M3 in California. The dealer has to print a report stating there is no pending recalls on letterhead and STAMP IT, very very important.

If you have that, you don't need any letter from any Canadian dealer or bullahit like that.

And I didn't need any sticker or other nonsense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ya , you r 2nd person who tell that in states its free . here is 500$ how they let me understand . But RIV confirmed me that i dont need it for my case . So i m good . The rest gonna see next week :)

les recall doivent etre fait avant l'inspection. et avoir la lettre final apres.
(dealer BMW chargeait comme 1000$ pour la cristi de lettre...p-e pas autant mais c'était un prix de fou)

c'Est possible d'avoir un transit pour aller a l'inspection.
quand j'avais importer le Z4 a mon pere il en a eu sans probleme.(Mais p-e pas pour aller montrer le vin au douanier par contre..nous on est revenu avec le char donc les douanier de lacolle ont fait la vérif directement)

les recall doivent etre fait avant l'inspection. et avoir la lettre final apres.
(dealer BMW chargeait comme 1000$ pour la cristi de lettre...p-e pas autant mais c'était un prix de fou)

c'Est possible d'avoir un transit pour aller a l'inspection.
quand j'avais importer le Z4 a mon pere il en a eu sans probleme.(Mais p-e pas pour aller montrer le vin au douanier par contre..nous on est revenu avec le char donc les douanier de lacolle ont fait la vérif directement)

comme j ai mentione a haut , pour mon cas , Riv a dit que je n ai pas besoins de lettre de bmw . :)

pour transit , oui dans mon cas c est impossible . metons que c est pas moi qu il a importe et la je refasse le formaulaire 1 sur mon nom pour completer importation par moi meme . . pour les details je vais tout explique des que tout va etre fait . Mais je peux dire que , agent au duane a dit que depuis 10 qu il travaille comme agent au duane et qu il a jamais vu un cas de meme . :)

Back