Denis Coderre Out, Valérie Plante In.

Joe Coderre was a good mayor just a bit too hands on for many people. His biggest mess up and played right into Plantes hand was Formula E. Then the media latched onto it. Did he like his photo ops? Yes but he also got shit done. He was the large force behind getting MTL special powers from the province. Powers that Plante is using now

Plante is very superficial she doesn't want to follow up on her own ideas and passes the buck along to others. She's done absolutely nothing along with PM for MTL. For them MTL is only Plateau and Rosemont. Outside of those areas people are PISSED at PM.

I hope Dennis makes a comeback

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

The worst part is she gets a free ride from the media and the public because she's a....woman with a flirtatious smile. Yes, I said it. Double standard is pretty obvious.

Coderre was ripped apart in the media and his appearance often mocked on French radio too. He got ripped for Formula E, which was well put together show cause it didn't sell out and make $5 million in profit, and ripped for the lights on the bridge, a project which was like one half a % of the city annual budget. Plante has used the pandemic as an excuse to overreach her powers and ram stuff through with no studies, or consultations, or hearings with the opposition while everyone is distracted. Very sneaky. Of course no one in the media dares say anything unless they want to risk their career, who wants to be outed on Twitter as a misogynist for criticizing a female mayor.

The worst part is she gets a free ride from the media and the public because she's a....woman with a flirtatious smile. Yes, I said it. Double standard is pretty obvious.

Coderre was ripped apart in the media and his appearance often mocked on French radio too. He got ripped for Formula E, which was well put together show cause it didn't sell out and make $5 million in profit, and ripped for the lights on the bridge, a project which was like one half a % of the city annual budget. Plante has used the pandemic as an excuse to overreach her powers and ram stuff through with no studies, or consultations, or hearings with the opposition while everyone is distracted. Very sneaky. Of course no one in the media dares say anything unless they want to risk their career, who wants to be outed on Twitter as a misogynist for criticizing a female mayor.
And now eveyone loves the lights on the bridge... Remember the sewage dump media ripped him for? That or 5+ years added to the project. It feels with Plante running the show now it's slowly turning back into what it was..never ending projects and poor work quality.

Coderre was a federal MP and Minister. He knew how to the play game with various agencies and levels of gov. He was too much change too fast for the status quo in Montreal.

And now eveyone loves the lights on the bridge... Remember the sewage dump media ripped him for? That or 5+ years added to the project. It feels with Plante running the show now it's slowly turning back into what it was..never ending projects and poor work quality.

Coderre was a federal MP and Minister. He knew how to the play game with various agencies and levels of gov. He was too much change too fast for the status quo in Montreal.

Yup and the REM was also Coderre the seasoned politician at his best. Got the province to contribute $1.3 billion the Feds another $1.2 billion and the Caisse another $3 billion. No small feat. With any luck he makes a comeback and wins office in time to take the first ride on it.

Yup and the REM was also Coderre the seasoned politician at his best. Got the province to contribute $1.3 billion the Feds another $1.2 billion and the Caisse another $3 billion. No small feat. With any luck he makes a comeback and wins office in time to take the first ride on it.
REM was a huge Coup for him and the city. Plante can't get pink line drawings lol

Ça pas pris 4h trouver un parking. Le genre de filles qui avait peur de traverser les ponts parce que l'autre bord c'est la "campagne". Finalement c'est moins compliquer que ce rendre dans le vieu.

Si seulement c'était la campagne de l'autre bord des ponts. Malheureusement il y a des parasites qui dépendent de Montréal 20km à la ronde et qui ont planté du gazon et des bungalows partout.

Si seulement c'était la campagne de l'autre bord des ponts. Malheureusement il y a des parasites qui dépendent de Montréal 20km à la ronde et qui ont planté du gazon et des bungalows partout.

et les bungalows sur l'iles, tu en penses quoi?

Mon Grand-père a construit de ses mains le duplex de mes parents dans le quartier St-Michel il y a plus de 75 ans et c'était des terres agricoles. En principe, c'était une ''banlieue'' de Hochelaga et Ville-Marie.

Tous les milliers de bungalows sur l'Ile, les gens qui les ont construit cherchaient la même affaire que les banlieusards. Tout était une banlieue d'une ville.

Ce n'est pas de la faute des banlieusards si MTL est une île

Last edited:

I follow him on social media. Always rolling eyes at whatever's Plante doing and winks whenever someone asks him if he's running back for City Hall next election.
I think he was a bit too obnoxious when he was in office, but he got shit done. Sure he had his misfires like everyone in pollitics and he was riding too much steam. Seeing his evolution over the past years I think he matured enough to get back into office and take ownership of what he achieved instead of letting a clueless, unexperienced moron ride what he put in place in the wrong direction.

one thing that pisses me the hell off in the city is that there are no fucking lines marking the lanes on major arteries...

Atwater, Rene Levesque, Sherbrooke, Parc, etc.

one thing that pisses me the hell off in the city is that there are no fucking lines marking the lanes on major arteries...

Atwater, Rene Levesque, Sherbrooke, Parc, etc.
The city needs to be sued for this..
Are they using water based paint to save planet?
At this point it's a safety issue

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It’s not just the city, Blainville repaints everything in the fall, even residential streets. So that in the spring, they’re all gone and need to be redone.

Back